First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sarah

Euless, TX

#1 May 25, 2012
I keep hearing about this lake and it's close enough to go for the day. Does anyone know how you get there from Cabot or how much it costs? Do you recommend going there to swim? Thanks!
cant swim

Dallas, TX

#2 May 25, 2012
35.045928,-92.116719

Nice lake to visit. Camping, swimming they also have paddle boats. Can't remember the rates but very reasonable.
some random person

United States

#3 May 26, 2012
You can take hwy 5 then there's a on the left that's just past lewisberg rd (on the right) I think you can follow it straight down to it I believe..its been a really long time since I went there so someone may want to correct me if I'm wrong on the roads off of hwy 5
ty

Houston, TX

#4 May 26, 2012
Lake sounds great!
lakeee

Euless, TX

#5 May 26, 2012
$5 a person to get in. $20 to rent a paddle boat.
Sarah

Euless, TX

#6 May 26, 2012
Sarah wrote:
I keep hearing about this lake and it's close enough to go for the day. Does anyone know how you get there from Cabot or how much it costs? Do you recommend going there to swim? Thanks!
thank you for all of your responses!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#7 May 27, 2012
Sarah wrote:
I keep hearing about this lake and it's close enough to go for the day. Does anyone know how you get there from Cabot or how much it costs? Do you recommend going there to swim? Thanks!
I have went there since I was a kid, now I take my kids, it very beautiful, and relaxing. The kids like the paddle boats, diving boards and the slides. As for camping, they don't have showers!! If that doesn't bother you your good to go. I am planning to have my daughters birthday part there this summer does anyone know how to contact them?
scott

Cabot, AR

#8 Jun 16, 2012
has anyone heard of a bed of water moccasins that were found in indian lakes. i have heard such news but wantedn to double check before going
shell

Lewisville, TX

#9 Jun 17, 2012
scott wrote:
has anyone heard of a bed of water moccasins that were found in indian lakes. i have heard such news but wantedn to double check before going
I heard that last summer! A kid landed in a bed of them and gotten bit.
Scott

Cabot, AR

#10 Jun 18, 2012
shell wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that last summer! A kid landed in a bed of them and gotten bit.
Now the 19 year old from Sherwood. Hmmmm! Thank you.
sarah

Cabot, AR

#11 Jun 18, 2012
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>Now the 19 year old from Sherwood. Hmmmm! Thank you.
I just read this article on fox 16. That is so sad.
Water

Little Rock, AR

#12 Jun 18, 2012
shell wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that last summer! A kid landed in a bed of them and gotten bit.
There are "dens" of snakes at ALL natural water reserves - lakes, ponds, streams, etc. The only reason there are not in a back yard swimming pool is the chemicals that you place in the pools that keep them out. I am not aware of any den in the swimming area at Indian Lake though. There are other areas of water for fishing that MAY have a den. Indian Lake is a very safe, family oriented place and the government would not let them charge money and put people in danger if there were "dens or beds of snakes" as people on this website are stating. Snakes dens are at the edge of the water by the bank anyway, not out in the middle of the water!
Mike Davis

Cabot, AR

#13 Jul 7, 2012
scott wrote:
has anyone heard of a bed of water moccasins that were found in indian lakes. i have heard such news but wantedn to double check before going
Yes, in fact there was someone who was killed last year from one.
Mike Davis

Cabot, AR

#14 Jul 7, 2012
Water wrote:
<quoted text>
There are "dens" of snakes at ALL natural water reserves - lakes, ponds, streams, etc. The only reason there are not in a back yard swimming pool is the chemicals that you place in the pools that keep them out. I am not aware of any den in the swimming area at Indian Lake though. There are other areas of water for fishing that MAY have a den. Indian Lake is a very safe, family oriented place and the government would not let them charge money and put people in danger if there were "dens or beds of snakes" as people on this website are stating. Snakes dens are at the edge of the water by the bank anyway, not out in the middle of the water!
I hate to break it to you but the kid that was killed last year was in fact not by the bank when he/she got into the den of snakes and was killed.
hmm

United States

#15 Jul 8, 2012
Mike Davis wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to break it to you but the kid that was killed last year was in fact not by the bank when he/she got into the den of snakes and was killed.
do u kno what the kid's name was?
Water

Little Rock, AR

#16 Jul 13, 2012
shell wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that last summer! A kid landed in a bed of them and gotten bit.
OK, so courios me, I did internet research and found
RUMORS, RUMORS! See Snopes.com : This legend casts water moccasins (or cottonmouths, as they are also called) as the villians because these are the only venomous aquatic snakes in the U.S. Water moccasins don't form "nests" in the water. They're solitary creatures, and even their young quickly go their own ways after coming into this world. Contrary to popular legends, there are NO documented cases of ANYONE suffering multiple snake bites from tumbling into an aggregation or cluster of water moccasins. In fact, human deaths attributed to that species are less than one person per year - out of more than 250 million Americans. Larry McCurty's 1985 novel Lonesome Dove contains a FICTIONAL but memorable "underwater nest of water moccasins" scene. Sorry readers, but no one has died at Indianhead Lake from being bit by a nest of water snakes.
Water

Little Rock, AR

#17 Jul 13, 2012
*curious* not courious. Misspelled...Oops.
Indianhead Lake

Little Rock, AR

#18 Jul 13, 2012
Water wrote:
<quoted text> OK, so courios me, I did internet research and found
RUMORS, RUMORS! See Snopes.com : This legend casts water moccasins (or cottonmouths, as they are also called) as the villians because these are the only venomous aquatic snakes in the U.S. Water moccasins don't form "nests" in the water. They're solitary creatures, and even their young quickly go their own ways after coming into this world. Contrary to popular legends, there are NO documented cases of ANYONE suffering multiple snake bites from tumbling into an aggregation or cluster of water moccasins. In fact, human deaths attributed to that species are less than one person per year - out of more than 250 million Americans. Larry McCurty's 1985 novel Lonesome Dove contains a FICTIONAL but memorable "underwater nest of water moccasins" scene. Sorry readers, but no one has died at Indianhead Lake from being bit by a nest of water snakes.
Well, thank you. There you go, rumors squashed! If this is the same one I recall, the kid died of a heart condition that was undiagnosed.
Valerie

Cabot, AR

#19 Oct 15, 2012
its like 5 dollars a peron to get in if i remember corectly. But i would say if youve got time to kill and got no where else to go swimm its not that bad. Not much to do but swim and ive heard that the owner is a complete asshole though, but i never met him when me and my friends went.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 16, 2012
any hot guys go swimming there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugh! 2 hr Rainbows and Butt... 1
More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 6 hr Raptor in Michigan 10,150
surviving a meth'd up life (Jun '14) 9 hr HOOT41 24
maynor! (May '14) 14 hr psychedelic_acid_... 7
Old Pizza Hut 21 hr Meme 1
Chad Sims and Tamra Sanders good or bad Fri friendnotfoe 5
Girlfriend want me to strip (Dec '13) Dec 17 Intelligent Stand... 8
Cabot Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cabot People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cabot News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cabot

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:23 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:23PM
Grading New York's Positional Units in Week 16
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West
ESPN 9:15 AM
Coughlin chides Beckham but likes his edge
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Titans have become the NFL's biggest slump-busters
NBC Sports12:04 PM
Titans lead Bucs for top pick - NBC Sports