“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#54602 Jun 4, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! To extend your statements, does anyone seriously think that 600,000 deer hunters in Wisconsin have the firepower to stop nuclear bombs or intercontinental missiles targeted on New York City?
What about air support, evac., medivac, artillery support? What if a large enough group or more of these gung ho hunters end up where they are wanted by our real military. They could end up being collateral damage or confound "real military" action. How do you resupply this "army"? Is there an equal number of medical personnel available to support them? There are so many questions you could come up with around not considering them a "true army" it is incredible. Who would pick what is a militarily important target? What would prevent overzealous action? And on and on.

In my oppinion, the best use of the "armed citizen" in the highly unlikely event we are invaded would be at most yo organize in their local community, provide for local defense and stay the hell out of the way.

I rest comfortably knowing that our country has the most powerful, well equiped, and trained and educated military on the planet. I don't have to worry about "Red Dawn" unless it is over trouble loading it into the DVD player.

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#54603 Jun 4, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hear it all now. When Walker wins tomorrow the Dems will start screaming "voter fraud" just like they did when their last two attempts failed to get the results they wanted.
Sounds like what your wife has to go through every evening.

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#54604 Jun 4, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hear it all now. When Walker wins tomorrow the Dems will start screaming "voter fraud" just like they did when their last two attempts failed to get the results they wanted.
Should Walker lose tomorrow, you are left with two choices:

1. Slink away like you always do when you lose, or
2. Start screaming "voter fraud" as you often do

I am betting on No. 1.
Young Person

Chicago, IL

#54605 Jun 4, 2012
cometland wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the world are you talking about? Some replies to your post lead me to believe you're running for some sort of office. If so, you're doing it wrong. You need to hire a press agent to edit your releases for content and mechanics. The staccato pace and gluttonous use of "!" makes it nearly unreadable.
The context is intended to appeal to the such readers attention.
I run a campaign that is not what you call political correctness .
My campaign is based on truth and solutions to the way.
Make no mistake , please don't be misunderstood,
M
my intentions are good.
I hope this clears up any misunderstanding!!!!!

#54606 Jun 4, 2012
1Watt Hermit wrote:
How can Scott Walker be winning before any votes are counted?
That SPCa fellow sure makes up a lot of stuff.
"SPC" cannot distinguish between polling results and a real election.

I think that it is more a case of ignorance, than it is of his fantasizing.

HEADS-UP FOR "SPC": Tomorrow around 6 pm, or later, the official results of the recall vote will be announced. I return you now to your regularly-scheduled fantasy.
cometland

Euless, TX

#54607 Jun 4, 2012
Young Person wrote:
<quoted text>The context is intended to appeal to the such readers attention.
M
my intentions are good.
My head hurts. "My campaign is based on truth and solutions to the way". Huh? Doesn't matter to me, I suppose. It just seems like a person running a campaign might tell the reader what issues he / she believes in and what his or her goals are. I'm not sure what your posts are telling me.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#54608 Jun 4, 2012
Young Person wrote:
<quoted text> The context is intended to appeal to the such readers attention.
M
my intentions are good.
You've pegged the B S meter on at least your last several posts here. I continue to not buy into your "young American Michelangelo" schtick. In demand, your opinion sought, on this issue or for that? Yeah, right... The "Young Person" you make believe you are here wouldn't be flying under the public's radar. If it helps you to make believe here, go for it...

#54609 Jun 4, 2012
On May 31, Romney paid a surprise visit to Solyndra. My guess is that he thought that he might be able to take over the company, secure some large loans, and file bankruptcy, as he has enjoyed doing in the past.

He might have the opportunity to fire some more employees, too, as well as take away their retirement funds.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/05/31/romn...
cometland

Euless, TX

#54610 Jun 4, 2012
Why is everybody so wrapped up in the Scott Walker election? Maybe I'm a but too simplistic, but the rhetoric here and elsewhere seems to be that his winning or losing will somehow validate the national platform of one side or the other. My knee-jerk reaction is that I'd like to see him win, but if he doesn't, I can't say that it makes a whit of difference to me.
I'm amused at the commentators that make the leap that based on the result of this election, we can extrapolate a Romney / Obama election result.

Since: Feb 11

Columbia, MO

#54611 Jun 4, 2012
The company, Konarka Technologies,“filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection and will cease operations, lay off its 85 workers and liquidate”:

“Konarka has been unable to obtain additional financing, and given its current financial condition, it is unable to continue operations,” CEO Howard Berke said in a statement.“This is a tragedy for Konarka’s shareholders and employees and for the development of alternative energy in the United States.”

The demise of Konarka could become a hot topic on the campaign trail because Romney personally doled out a $1.5 million renewable energy subsidy to the Lowell startup in 2003, shortly after taking office on Beacon Hill.

Konarka is the second Massachusetts solar company, along with Evergreen Solar and Beacon Power, to receive taxpayer dollars under Romney’s tenure and subsequently declare bankruptcy.

Romney, meanwhile, routinely dismisses the nation’s 3.1 million clean energy jobs, even as clean energy is booming in Massachusetts. The industry has created 64,000 jobs across the energy efficiency and renewable energy sectors.
Dawg Delusions

Rock Port, MO

#54612 Jun 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Should Walker lose tomorrow, you are left with two choices:
1. Slink away like you always do when you lose, or
2. Start screaming "voter fraud" as you often do
I am betting on No. 1.
When he wins what re you going to say Dawg ????? You, of all people always have a deflection,an excuse, or someone to blame(Bush-capitalists-rich people-slave owners,etc...)

#54613 Jun 4, 2012
cometland wrote:
Why is everybody so wrapped up in the Scott Walker election? Maybe I'm a but too simplistic, but the rhetoric here and elsewhere seems to be that his winning or losing will somehow validate the national platform of one side or the other. My knee-jerk reaction is that I'd like to see him win, but if he doesn't, I can't say that it makes a whit of difference to me.
I'm amused at the commentators that make the leap that based on the result of this election, we can extrapolate a Romney / Obama election result.
The governor generated a lot of heat and light by taking away from the teachers union the long-standing practice in Wisconsin of collective bargaining.(And unconstitutionally allowed the police and fire unions to keep collective bargaining, which IMO violates equal protection under the laws as provided in the 14th Amendment.)

I thus conclude that you are not a "blue-collar" worker, but are a so-called "professional." Were you a working person, you would understand.

The Republicans universally would like to remove as much power from unions as they can, so that they can be able to pay workers less money, and thus make more profit for their greedy companies (or greedy states).

Even Herman Cain complained to a conservative news reporter that he "started to see how minimum wage legislation was impacting [Cain's] ability to keep Godfather’s [Pizza] going," when Cain was CEO of Godfather's.

Shame on Herman Cain, who came from a share-cropper family background, but as CEO wanted to pay his employees "slave wages." Mr. Cain should be a better person than that, in any event, regardless of his family background.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/cain-d...

(Extrapolation of the Gov. Walker recall election is not likely to be correct, although conservative Neo-CONs and many in the Republican Party would like to see such an extrapolation, if Walker wins, which has a good chance. The election will be determined by how many workers are upset enough to come out and vote tomorrow.

There is yet another joker in the deck, however: Even if Walker skates by in the recall election, voters will have yet another chance to get rid of him in November. How many times can Walker raise $21 million, most of which came from outside of Wisconsin?)

#54614 Jun 4, 2012
Dawg Delusions wrote:
<quoted text> When he wins what re you going to say Dawg ????? You, of all people always have a deflection, an excuse, or someone to blame (Bush-capitalists-rich people-slave owners, etc...)
I will say, "Walker won. But wait until November, and see if he wins then."

If I have an "excuse," it will be that the anger generated by Walker's unilateral actions in destroying long-standing collective bargaining rights was dissipated over the intervening months by those affected workers and other concerned citizens of Wisconsin. Hopefully, they will still be as incensed as they were months ago. Another item of interest is the $21 million of campaign contributions given to Walker for his recall election campaign. Around 80% of those contributions was from outside of Wisconsin (look up the percentage). In November, can Walker raise another $21 million? Stay tuned.

Wisconsin voters have two chances to get rid of Walker this year. Tomorrow is their first chance.
cometland

Euless, TX

#54615 Jun 4, 2012
<quoted text>The governor generated a lot of heat and light by taking away from the teachers union the long-standing practice in Wisconsin of collective bargaining.(And unconstitutionally allowed the police and fire unions to keep collective bargaining, which IMO violates equal protection under the laws as provided in the 14th Amendment.)

I thus conclude that you are not a "blue-collar" worker, but are a so-called "professional." Were you a working person, you would understand.

The Republicans universally would like to remove as much power from unions as they can, so that they can be able to pay workers less money, and thus make more profit for their greedy companies (or greedy states).

Even Herman Cain complained to a conservative news reporter that he "started to see how minimum wage legislation was impacting [Cain's] ability to keep GodfatherÂ’s [Pizza] going," when Cain was CEO of Godfather's.

Shame on Herman Cain, who came from a share-cropper family background, but as CEO wanted to pay his employees "slave wages." Mr. Cain should be a better person than that, in any event, regardless of his family background.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/cain-d...

(Extrapolation of the Gov. Walker recall election is not likely to be correct, although conservative Neo-CONs and many in the Republican Party would like to see such an extrapolation, if Walker wins, which has a good chance. The election will be determined by how many workers are upset enough to come out and vote tomorrow.

There is yet another joker in the deck, however: Even if Walker skates by in the recall election, voters will have yet another chance to get rid of him in November. How many times can Walker raise $21 million, most of which came from outside of Wisconsin?)
You have a habit of taking things I say and turning making some pretty big leaps. I say that I don't give a whit whether the guy wins or not, and mock the idea that it amounts to some validation for the left or right, and you deduce from that that I can't possibly be "blue collar". Well, you're wrong again. I am mid management in a union-heavy industry, and I spend more days getting dirty than I do being a "professional". Nice try, though.
The real USA First

Saint Louis, MO

#54616 Jun 4, 2012
cometland wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a habit of taking things I say and turning making some pretty big leaps. I say that I don't give a whit whether the guy wins or not, and mock the idea that it amounts to some validation for the left or right, and you deduce from that that I can't possibly be "blue collar". Well, you're wrong again. I am mid management in a union-heavy industry, and I spend more days getting dirty than I do being a "professional". Nice try, though.
Vomitland...give it a rest!

Columbia, MO

#54617 Jun 4, 2012
Even if Walker wins tomorrow he'll have to step down when the Feds indict him on corruption charges this month.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/edito...
cometland

Springfield, MO

#54618 Jun 4, 2012
The real USA First wrote:
<quoted text>Vomitland...give it a rest!
Give what a rest?

Columbia, MO

#54619 Jun 4, 2012
BrainDead Liberals

Sparta, MO

#54620 Jun 4, 2012
MSNBC ON OBAMA’S WISCONSIN RECALL NO-SHOW

It is a bad sign for Obama that his team decided to keep him out of Wisconsin. Obama doesn’t want to be associated with the Democrats loss in the Scott Walker recall. Bottom line is that if he had shown up to help his allies in the state, he would have likely had zero impact. It is great to see the liberals over at MSNBC nervous about what this means for the fall elections. I believe it doesn’t look good in Wisconsin for Obama come November.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/msnbc-obamas...
The real USA First

Saint Louis, MO

#54622 Jun 4, 2012
BrainDead Liberals wrote:
MSNBC ON OBAMA’S WISCONSIN RECALL NO-SHOW
It is a bad sign for Obama that his team decided to keep him out of Wisconsin. Obama doesn’t want to be associated with the Democrats loss in the Scott Walker recall. Bottom line is that if he had shown up to help his allies in the state, he would have likely had zero impact. It is great to see the liberals over at MSNBC nervous about what this means for the fall elections. I believe it doesn’t look good in Wisconsin for Obama come November.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/msnbc-obamas...
Well I believe you're completely-full-of-shit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 6 hr hahaha 3,194
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Tue Go Blue Forever 590
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... Mon FyI 304
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Sep 23 Jenny 6,937
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 20 Obama Bitches 10,212
moving to hume Sep 16 aly 1
Fire Aug '14 aKnell 1

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Bates County was issued at October 01 at 9:50PM CDT

Butler Dating
Find my Match

Butler Jobs

Butler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Butler News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Butler

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]