West Burlington auto shop employee admits stealing cash

Full story: Des Moines Register

West Burlington, Ia. - A West Burlington woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from the auto shop where she worked.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2011
upset customer

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Why did it take a major corporation such as Carquest 20 months to figure this out. Sounds to me like they need better auditors. Also where was the Manager of the store when this was happening? Oh yeah I forgot Brian Fox only collects his check as was rarely at work.Shame on Carquest.
shame on carquest

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

shame on Carquest. Come on 20 months to catch her. This is Iowa and mom and pop shops who depend on this money to feed and cloth their families.
more to the story

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

The manager, a regional manager, and a auditor knew in july 2008 she was working in other employees cash drawers, and they were coming up short and nothing was done. So you reap what you sow. The only problem here is the customers were cheated. The manager allowed this to happen. so why is he still employed?
new information

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Heard from Gidget's cousin her and Brian had a thing that is why it took so long for Carquest to catch her. They need to fire him now. Wonder how much she gave him????? not only money wise either. Keep your zipper up Brian and this would not have happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim "Mina Kaye" (Jan '13) Aug 18 MissLovewell 6
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 11 Go Blue Forever 63
Review: Hansen Law Offices Aug 7 Mark 1
Debate: Marijuana - Burlington, IA (Sep '10) Jun '14 frank 19
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17

Search the Burlington Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Burlington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Burlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE