Iowa Man Shot By Police During Meth Investigation

Full story: WHOtv

Authorities say a Burlington man was shot and wounded by police who were investigating a methamphetamine operation near Wever in southeast Iowa.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2010
rich8063

Harvest, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 17, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sad to say but the meth head should have died. At least then we would be sure when he would not be able to sue and win for the officer doing his Job. He would not be able to get out and make more to sell to kids. And to all the people who think he can be cured work with a meth head they can not be cured the craving will get them again and again. If they stay clean GREAT more support for ya but sad to say they usually go back.
Really

Wahpeton, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 17, 2010
 
rich8063 wrote:
Sad to say but the meth head should have died. At least then we would be sure when he would not be able to sue and win for the officer doing his Job. He would not be able to get out and make more to sell to kids. And to all the people who think he can be cured work with a meth head they can not be cured the craving will get them again and again. If they stay clean GREAT more support for ya but sad to say they usually go back.
I disagree with you! Yes meth is a problem, however; These are the people YOU PRAY for instead of wishing them dead! I believe meth is one of the many plagues from the Bible. Lets invite God into the peoples lives instead of wishing death upon them! I had a family member who had a meth problem.....She found GOD and has not touched the stuff for 6 years! I don't see her ever going back! I have also worked with so called "Meth Heads" and yes they are a pain in the butt, but come on! Prayer does work! You are no better by wishing someone dead instead of doing the right thing! Maybe you need to find God! I will pray that you do! Good day!
Darwin Lee

Galva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 17, 2010
 
What if that person who was shot was your child or grandchild.Would you still feel the same way then?Thats what I thought!
lilmamma3

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 17, 2010
 
who cares!?! another worthless drug dealer put away!!! Be glad thats all he got! Sorry he is still alive!
lilmamma3

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 17, 2010
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you! Yes meth is a problem, however; These are the people YOU PRAY for instead of wishing them dead! I believe meth is one of the many plagues from the Bible. Lets invite God into the peoples lives instead of wishing death upon them! I had a family member who had a meth problem.....She found GOD and has not touched the stuff for 6 years! I don't see her ever going back! I have also worked with so called "Meth Heads" and yes they are a pain in the butt, but come on! Prayer does work! You are no better by wishing someone dead instead of doing the right thing! Maybe you need to find God! I will pray that you do! Good day!
FYI! i go to church every sunday and wednesday! don't start talking about God like he don't have a voice of his own!
The man did wrong! He needs to deal with what he has done!
How do fix all the poor babies that are born addicted to drugs that don't ask to have that life???
HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL THE REST OF HIS LIFE! I DON'T CARE IF HE IS A FATHER, GRANDPA, BROTHER OR SON!
Really

Wahpeton, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 18, 2010
 
lilmamma3 wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI! i go to church every sunday and wednesday! don't start talking about God like he don't have a voice of his own!
The man did wrong! He needs to deal with what he has done!
How do fix all the poor babies that are born addicted to drugs that don't ask to have that life???
HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL THE REST OF HIS LIFE! I DON'T CARE IF HE IS A FATHER, GRANDPA, BROTHER OR SON!
WOW! Do you not know how to read? I do not have a problem with the man going to jail!!!!! I had a problem with people wishing him dead! READ THE STORY RIGHT BEFORE YOU REPOST LITTLE ONE!
sheba

Plymouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Darwin Lee wrote:
What if that person who was shot was your child or grandchild.Would you still feel the same way then?Thats what I thought!
that man left my friends son to die in a wooded area in 1996 so what do you say to that!!!!!!!!!!
Derek

Monticello, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 17, 2010
 
Drug Addiction is Sad. Not only that it's a Disease! would u wish someone dead with cancer!
haley

Monticello, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 7, 2010
 
it doesnt matter if hes a meth head or anythin else. no one deserves to die. he deserves to rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life. As for your friend im am very sorry. ive heard the story. but when you are dealing with people who have an addiction they dont realize what they are doin...still no excuse, but bottom line is he doesnt deserve to die. and if he did sue everyone knows he wouldnt win. and lilmamma3 if you go to church why wish someone dead? is that somethin God would approve of? Do you think God would wish someone dead?
Masterbating Navigator

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 7, 2010
 

Judged:

7

3

1

I no longer try to make my own medicine. It is too much work getting all the equipment, and too many things to buy. The hard part is finding the anhydrous to steal. the farmers are making it harder to steal from their nurse tanks.
I do not use as much anymore, so I find it easier to buy off the street. It is also alot cheaper now, since there is so much of it
Wayne

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 18, 2010
 
I remember a person who was part of a church group at the Eve Free Church in Keokuk who were part of a drug free group. The night before this person died they met with a known drug dealer and were found dead the next morning from drug overdose. So sad but true. So much for addicts anonymous. Yes for the most part once a person starts on the path of illegal drugs the best thing for them is a bullet. It cures all fully including those with HIV. Of course those with HIV already have their death warrant. Those using illegal drugs are often late to work, irresponsible (after all they only live for the next fix), untrustworthy (they will sell their own mother for their next fix), extremely cleptomania (yes they will steel with no conscious), and dont mind involving others in their sickness (after all if you do it too, it can't be bad if I'm doing it too).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burlington Discussions

Search the Burlington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Burlington, IA (Sep '10) Jun '14 frank 19
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
Danville school board approves $6M in energy up... Feb '14 save some money 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Dec '13 fitness-guru 62
Transgender rights: Restroom battles emerge (Oct '13) Oct '13 TerryE 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Burlington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Burlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Burlington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burlington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••