Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,791)

Showing posts 135,801 - 135,820 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153259
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that in the future you need to outline the acceptable response parameters in you posts. Also, unclenching your rectal sphincter once in a while and relaxing enough to get a JOKE might be a good ideal too. As an added benefit, it will also reduce your blood pressure.
I did not know you see homosexuals as a "JOKE"!

How sad...
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153260
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Silly fundies."
-Idiots with no real arguments, scream "fundies"
"Prove it IS a choice."
-LOL Really? So 2 + 2 = 4 is a CHOICE now? I take it the Earth chose to be sphere too, since it's based on fact & not feelings...LOL You queers have very queer logic...ROFL
"The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of proof."
-CORRECTION: The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of TRUTH.
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation."
-Ever wondered why? I know. It's because perverts are constantly changing their sexual orientation. It's pointless counting the # of queers in a city when some of them quit being queers.
"Spit in the face of EVERY legitimate medical and psychological and scientific professional organization. Go ahead."
-From what I read, the homosexual lifestyle decreases the lifespan of people to 30 yrs. And many are at higher risks at contacting AIDS & other STDs, & I got all this information from medical & psychological sites.
"Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
-LOL Really? So being raped, raised with a mother AND father, being abused by a partner doesn't make resort to homosexuality?---which by the way are all SOCIAL, HORMONAL, & DEVELOPMENTAL influences. What about Planned Parenthood talking to children about the ways queers have sex? And some of these kids are as young as 5 yrs old! Also why are queers pushing for lesbian acceptance, it seems to be something common among teenage girls? Speaking of teens, why are queers pushing their queer agenda onto girls? Sounds almost like homosexuality is a LEARNT behavior.
"Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles"
-Because they DO, moron.
"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-LOL So teaching teenagers (who btw are still in the process of finding their identities & places in life) about queerism doesn't or won't confuse them? LOL COOL STORY BRO. It clearly is a choice.
"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-Many homosexuals who were raped & abused as children would disagree with you.
WTF is this incomprehensible pile of shit? Are you trying to COMMUNICATE something or did this message post accidentally while you where you cleaning you keyboard?

Oh for frucks sake little man! Can you PLEASE ask your grand kids to teach you how to use the QUOTE feature?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153261
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>I did... and to answer the question Pro Choice is just that choice being able to make a decision and not be told what to do.
Pro Choice, I get it!

Just like,

Pro Choice to own guns.
Pro Choice of Prayer in School.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153262
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

8

7

7

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is this incomprehensible pile of shit? Are you trying to COMMUNICATE something or did this message post accidentally while you where you cleaning you keyboard?

Oh for frucks sake little man! Can you PLEASE ask your grand kids to teach you how to use the QUOTE feature?
This is one of your jokes also, right?
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153263
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know you see homosexuals as a "JOKE"!
.
No, but I do think that ham sandwich eating fundie hypocrites are pretty flucking hilarious.

Apparently, in addition to unclenching your azz, you also need to take a reading comprehension class.
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153264
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of your jokes also, right?
No. I do try to post my responses appropriate to the intellectual level of the post I am responding too. In the case of "this guy" I have learned to dumb my comments down to just above grunting as he is an absolute moron.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153265
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>No, but I do think that ham sandwich eating fundie hypocrites are pretty flucking hilarious.

Apparently, in addition to unclenching your azz, you also need to take a reading comprehension class.
This is a joke to, right?
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153266
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a joke to, right?
The same tired ass attempt at a joke THREE TIMES? Seriously? BTW, it's "too" not "to" and you REALLY need to do something about that stick up you ass ASAP.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153267
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>"So why is it people need proof that it is a choice in order to believe it is or isnt?"
-No proof = no evidence. If we didn't have proof for the things we analysis, measure, & observe, then we would still be in the stone age. If we didn't have anything to prove, then we wouldn't need to rely on experiments, data, & measurements. If you have a hard time understanding any of this, then take a science class during your time.

"But when someone asks for proof of God or Jesus and they can not produce it they say it is Faith and you do not need proof?"
-LOL "Faith"? Faith is a personal belief. We can't prove there is a God or Jesus because we don't have the technology. And just because there is no physical proof of something doesn't always mean it doesn't exist. Remember when everyone thought the earth was flat? We weren't able to prove it wasn't until we started taking people up into space. Also, if atoms are neither created nor destroyed, then where did they come from? They obviously came from somewhere since they do exist. For all we know, a supreme being may have been responsible for the creation of the multiverse. Why is it hauntings occur & how? There are many questions in science that we can't explain.
exactly and that is why try can't prove it isn't a choice because we don't have technology yet. See we are agreeing on something

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153269
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro Choice, I get it!
Just like,
Pro Choice to own guns.
Pro Choice of Prayer in School.
I live in Texas of course I am all for owning guns right?! Well actually I am.
No to the prayer in school. You can choose to have a silent prayer but you cant make everyone else be there and participate. if they do not participate they get scolded or told they are going to hell becuase they are not praying and proving what a good Christian they are for everyone to see.
Religion is a choice and believing is a choice but Prayer in Public Schools should not happen. Public schools are funded by tax dollars so schools can not have any role in promoting any religion with in its walls.
Tiny Dancer Rahm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153271
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a virgin or a eunice?
The others were too nice to say anything, but "eunice?" Really?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153272
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

8

7

7

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The APA's position on why or what causes one's sexual orientation is IRRELEVANT to one's ability to be a good parent.......hell, straights who have children time and again prove that just because one can have a natural child, doesn't necessarily mean they should!!!!
The APA hasn't revised anything by the way.......they have always stated that no one truly knows why some people are Gay or Lesbian, while some are straight.........they have also stated that one's sexual orientation is a complex matter.
Now, you can continue to post your lil rants, but all you prove is how much of a hateful person you are........especially because you have issues with your own identity......seek help, it might help you not to be so hateful!!!
If the APA never implied gays are "Born this way" where does the LGBT get "Born this way" from?

Lady Gaga ...?

And if you're calling me "hateful" what do you call a person who says all homosexuals are pedophiles?

I don't do that.

Finally, if you don't know what causes a person's sexual orientation why are you telling us people like Chaz Bono and Perez Hilton should be able to adopt - that they won't sway the child's sexual orientation?

In other words, you can't have it both ways, fella. You can't tell us a parent's sexual orientation has no affect on the child then assert you don't know what causes the child's sexual orientation.

If you don't know what causes a child's sexual orientation, how can you say the parent's sexual orientation doesn't cause it?

DUR ...

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153273
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Dan Cathy said and did nothing wrong. If you sit back while they extort him to stop protecting marriage today, they'll go after you tomorrow.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153274
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
If the APA never implied gays are "Born this way" where does the LGBT get "Born this way" from?
Lady Gaga ...?
And if you're calling me "hateful" what do you call a person who says all homosexuals are pedophiles?
I don't do that.
Finally, if you don't know what causes a person's sexual orientation why are you telling us people like Chaz Bono and Perez Hilton should be able to adopt - that they won't sway the child's sexual orientation?
In other words, you can't have it both ways, fella. You can't tell us a parent's sexual orientation has no affect on the child then assert you don't know what causes the child's sexual orientation.
If you don't know what causes a child's sexual orientation, how can you say the parent's sexual orientation doesn't cause it?
DUR ...
Well we can say with some certainity that the parents sexual orientation doesnt cause it because most of the LGBT community grew up with heterosexual parents and seeing heterosexuals kiss/hold hands/show affection in public and tv and that didnt cause us to be straight so the reverse would also be true right?!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153275
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

8

7

7

Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we can say with some certainity that the parents sexual orientation doesnt cause it because most of the LGBT community grew up with heterosexual parents and seeing heterosexuals kiss/hold hands/show affection in public and tv and that didnt cause us to be straight so the reverse would also be true right?!
Wrong.

And that's because the unknown still remains the additional kids who'd have grown up gay had both parents been gay.

But thanks for illustrating the problem with the way the LGBT answers these questions. As you show above, time and again we get your kind of foggy thinking from the LGBT.

They call it "science." It's actually ignorance masquerading as science.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153277
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Silly fundies."
-Idiots with no real arguments, scream "fundies"
"Prove it IS a choice."
-LOL Really? So 2 + 2 = 4 is a CHOICE now? I take it the Earth chose to be sphere too, since it's based on fact & not feelings...LOL You queers have very queer logic...ROFL
"The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of proof."
-CORRECTION: The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of TRUTH.
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation."
-Ever wondered why? I know. It's because perverts are constantly changing their sexual orientation. It's pointless counting the # of queers in a city when some of them quit being queers.
"Spit in the face of EVERY legitimate medical and psychological and scientific professional organization. Go ahead."
-From what I read, the homosexual lifestyle decreases the lifespan of people to 30 yrs. And many are at higher risks at contacting AIDS & other STDs, & I got all this information from medical & psychological sites.
"Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
-LOL Really? So being raped, raised with a mother AND father, being abused by a partner doesn't make resort to homosexuality?---which by the way are all SOCIAL, HORMONAL, & DEVELOPMENTAL influences. What about Planned Parenthood talking to children about the ways queers have sex? And some of these kids are as young as 5 yrs old! Also why are queers pushing for lesbian acceptance, it seems to be something common among teenage girls? Speaking of teens, why are queers pushing their queer agenda onto girls? Sounds almost like homosexuality is a LEARNT behavior.
"Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles"
-Because they DO, moron.
"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-LOL So teaching teenagers (who btw are still in the process of finding their identities & places in life) about queerism doesn't or won't confuse them? LOL COOL STORY BRO. It clearly is a choice.
"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-Many homosexuals who were raped & abused as children would disagree with you.
Um... where did I write anything about 2+2=4 being a choice, or the shape of the earth? You make shit up and then bitch at me for it? What are you, nuts?

And PLEASE, Mary, do try to stay up to date. Even EXODUS INTERNATIONAL stopped using that silly "life span" propaganda from Paul Cameron. It simply isn't true.

No. being raped or molested doesn't make someone a homosexual. Gee... you are just FULL of misinformation, aren't you?

No... education doesn't confuse. It teaches the FACTS. Facts which you don't like. Tough.

LEARNT? ok... I see the problem here. How can I expect you to grasp a complex subject when you don't even have the basics down? There is NO EVIDENCE that homosexuality is "learned" behavior. It's not even a behavior. It's about who you are sexually attracted to, and THAT cannot be taught or learned. It simply is.

But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your prejudice. This is America. You are free to hold any bogus opinion you want. Just don't be surprised when people make fun of your delusion. Do you know what a delusion is? A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the
contrary. By the way, you have no valid evidence.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153278
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You catch on quickly.......lol!!!
Basically a person's sexual orientation is NOT a choice, but who they actually opt to be intimate with is........and that is just as true for heterosexuals as it is for Gays and Lesbians!!!
Stop twisting what the APA says.

Firstly, it says for "most" sexual orientation wasn't a choice. Most is not "all" -- you know this, yet keep promoting the lie that sexual orientation wasn't a choice for "all" people and that makes you a despicable liar.

Secondly, the fact that sexual orientation is not choice for most people in no way, size, shape, or form supports your "born this way" lie.

And this is perhaps the bigger of your lies: you took your revision of the APA's "not choice theory" and twisted it into the "born this way" lie.

You engaged in this fraud to convince school boards and adoption agencies "gay friendly" curriculum and men who dress in penis suits have no impact on the child's sexual orientation.

The APA never said this and you need to stop telling school boards and adoption agencies it did.

Once again, here's what the APA said:

What causes a person to have a particular sexual orientation?
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Spike

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153279
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Another day, another squating poster fromthe past and there foolish racists comments or postings.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153280
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... where did I write anything about 2+2=4 being a choice, or the shape of the earth? You make shit up and then bitch at me for it? What are you, nuts?
And PLEASE, Mary, do try to stay up to date. Even EXODUS INTERNATIONAL stopped using that silly "life span" propaganda from Paul Cameron. It simply isn't true.
No. being raped or molested doesn't make someone a homosexual. Gee... you are just FULL of misinformation, aren't you?
No... education doesn't confuse. It teaches the FACTS. Facts which you don't like. Tough.
LEARNT? ok... I see the problem here. How can I expect you to grasp a complex subject when you don't even have the basics down? There is NO EVIDENCE that homosexuality is "learned" behavior. It's not even a behavior. It's about who you are sexually attracted to, and THAT cannot be taught or learned. It simply is.
But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your prejudice. This is America. You are free to hold any bogus opinion you want. Just don't be surprised when people make fun of your delusion. Do you know what a delusion is? A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the
contrary. By the way, you have no valid evidence.
But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your prejudice.
What "facts" you shitheeler?

You don't present facts -- never do you support what you're saying with cites. All you do is tell us something is a fact and we're supposed to believe you.

Well, I don't.

Cite your claim that homosexuality isn't a "learned behavior."

Back it up, or stop spewing your pap.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153281
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

6

6

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"So why is it people need proof that it is a choice in order to believe it is or isnt?"
-No proof = no evidence. If we didn't have proof for the things we analysis, measure, & observe, then we would still be in the stone age. If we didn't have anything to prove, then we wouldn't need to rely on experiments, data, & measurements. If you have a hard time understanding any of this, then take a science class during your time.
"But when someone asks for proof of God or Jesus and they can not produce it they say it is Faith and you do not need proof?"
-LOL "Faith"? Faith is a personal belief. We can't prove there is a God or Jesus because we don't have the technology. And just because there is no physical proof of something doesn't always mean it doesn't exist. Remember when everyone thought the earth was flat? We weren't able to prove it wasn't until we started taking people up into space. Also, if atoms are neither created nor destroyed, then where did they come from? They obviously came from somewhere since they do exist. For all we know, a supreme being may have been responsible for the creation of the multiverse. Why is it hauntings occur & how? There are many questions in science that we can't explain.
No dear. There ARE scientific explannations. You just don't like them, and I seriously doubt if you could do the math involved as proof. It MUCH, much easier to blame it on a "supreme being."

No, I don't remember when everyone thought the earth was flat. I wasn't alive then. Educated people have known the earth was a sphere since the third century BC.

Atoms are never created nor destroyed? Where did you get THAT one? The correct version is ENERGY is neither created nor destroyed, it merely changes form.

From your posts, it is apparent that you have a wealth of misinformation. You are sitting in front of a computer. USE IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 135,801 - 135,820 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burbank Discussions

Search the Burbank Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 min Samuel 17,772
'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 54 min Hung n horny 1,839
Miley Cyrus Shares Photo Of Duck-Face Oxygen Ma... 2 hr Miley Cyrus 1
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) 2 hr squeezers 76
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr Foes 15,666
How can I get that girl in 9 days? 10 hr Rajiv Gupta 6
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr Lug Heads 7,300
•••
•••

Burbank News Video

•••
•••

Burbank Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Burbank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••