Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#153272 Aug 6, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The APA's position on why or what causes one's sexual orientation is IRRELEVANT to one's ability to be a good parent.......hell, straights who have children time and again prove that just because one can have a natural child, doesn't necessarily mean they should!!!!
The APA hasn't revised anything by the way.......they have always stated that no one truly knows why some people are Gay or Lesbian, while some are straight.........they have also stated that one's sexual orientation is a complex matter.
Now, you can continue to post your lil rants, but all you prove is how much of a hateful person you are........especially because you have issues with your own identity......seek help, it might help you not to be so hateful!!!
If the APA never implied gays are "Born this way" where does the LGBT get "Born this way" from?

Lady Gaga ...?

And if you're calling me "hateful" what do you call a person who says all homosexuals are pedophiles?

I don't do that.

Finally, if you don't know what causes a person's sexual orientation why are you telling us people like Chaz Bono and Perez Hilton should be able to adopt - that they won't sway the child's sexual orientation?

In other words, you can't have it both ways, fella. You can't tell us a parent's sexual orientation has no affect on the child then assert you don't know what causes the child's sexual orientation.

If you don't know what causes a child's sexual orientation, how can you say the parent's sexual orientation doesn't cause it?

DUR ...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#153273 Aug 6, 2012
Dan Cathy said and did nothing wrong. If you sit back while they extort him to stop protecting marriage today, they'll go after you tomorrow.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153274 Aug 6, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
If the APA never implied gays are "Born this way" where does the LGBT get "Born this way" from?
Lady Gaga ...?
And if you're calling me "hateful" what do you call a person who says all homosexuals are pedophiles?
I don't do that.
Finally, if you don't know what causes a person's sexual orientation why are you telling us people like Chaz Bono and Perez Hilton should be able to adopt - that they won't sway the child's sexual orientation?
In other words, you can't have it both ways, fella. You can't tell us a parent's sexual orientation has no affect on the child then assert you don't know what causes the child's sexual orientation.
If you don't know what causes a child's sexual orientation, how can you say the parent's sexual orientation doesn't cause it?
DUR ...
Well we can say with some certainity that the parents sexual orientation doesnt cause it because most of the LGBT community grew up with heterosexual parents and seeing heterosexuals kiss/hold hands/show affection in public and tv and that didnt cause us to be straight so the reverse would also be true right?!

Atlanta, GA

#153275 Aug 6, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we can say with some certainity that the parents sexual orientation doesnt cause it because most of the LGBT community grew up with heterosexual parents and seeing heterosexuals kiss/hold hands/show affection in public and tv and that didnt cause us to be straight so the reverse would also be true right?!
Wrong.

And that's because the unknown still remains the additional kids who'd have grown up gay had both parents been gay.

But thanks for illustrating the problem with the way the LGBT answers these questions. As you show above, time and again we get your kind of foggy thinking from the LGBT.

They call it "science." It's actually ignorance masquerading as science.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#153277 Aug 6, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Silly fundies."
-Idiots with no real arguments, scream "fundies"
"Prove it IS a choice."
-LOL Really? So 2 + 2 = 4 is a CHOICE now? I take it the Earth chose to be sphere too, since it's based on fact & not feelings...LOL You queers have very queer logic...ROFL
"The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of proof."
-CORRECTION: The party making the claim is responsible for the burden of TRUTH.
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation."
-Ever wondered why? I know. It's because perverts are constantly changing their sexual orientation. It's pointless counting the # of queers in a city when some of them quit being queers.
"Spit in the face of EVERY legitimate medical and psychological and scientific professional organization. Go ahead."
-From what I read, the homosexual lifestyle decreases the lifespan of people to 30 yrs. And many are at higher risks at contacting AIDS & other STDs, & I got all this information from medical & psychological sites.
"Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
-LOL Really? So being raped, raised with a mother AND father, being abused by a partner doesn't make resort to homosexuality?---which by the way are all SOCIAL, HORMONAL, & DEVELOPMENTAL influences. What about Planned Parenthood talking to children about the ways queers have sex? And some of these kids are as young as 5 yrs old! Also why are queers pushing for lesbian acceptance, it seems to be something common among teenage girls? Speaking of teens, why are queers pushing their queer agenda onto girls? Sounds almost like homosexuality is a LEARNT behavior.
"Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles"
-Because they DO, moron.
"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-LOL So teaching teenagers (who btw are still in the process of finding their identities & places in life) about queerism doesn't or won't confuse them? LOL COOL STORY BRO. It clearly is a choice.
"most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
-Many homosexuals who were raped & abused as children would disagree with you.
Um... where did I write anything about 2+2=4 being a choice, or the shape of the earth? You make shit up and then bitch at me for it? What are you, nuts?

And PLEASE, Mary, do try to stay up to date. Even EXODUS INTERNATIONAL stopped using that silly "life span" propaganda from Paul Cameron. It simply isn't true.

No. being raped or molested doesn't make someone a homosexual. Gee... you are just FULL of misinformation, aren't you?

No... education doesn't confuse. It teaches the FACTS. Facts which you don't like. Tough.

LEARNT? ok... I see the problem here. How can I expect you to grasp a complex subject when you don't even have the basics down? There is NO EVIDENCE that homosexuality is "learned" behavior. It's not even a behavior. It's about who you are sexually attracted to, and THAT cannot be taught or learned. It simply is.

But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your prejudice. This is America. You are free to hold any bogus opinion you want. Just don't be surprised when people make fun of your delusion. Do you know what a delusion is? A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the
contrary. By the way, you have no valid evidence.

Atlanta, GA

#153278 Aug 6, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You catch on quickly.......lol!!!
Basically a person's sexual orientation is NOT a choice, but who they actually opt to be intimate with is........and that is just as true for heterosexuals as it is for Gays and Lesbians!!!
Stop twisting what the APA says.

Firstly, it says for "most" sexual orientation wasn't a choice. Most is not "all" -- you know this, yet keep promoting the lie that sexual orientation wasn't a choice for "all" people and that makes you a despicable liar.

Secondly, the fact that sexual orientation is not choice for most people in no way, size, shape, or form supports your "born this way" lie.

And this is perhaps the bigger of your lies: you took your revision of the APA's "not choice theory" and twisted it into the "born this way" lie.

You engaged in this fraud to convince school boards and adoption agencies "gay friendly" curriculum and men who dress in penis suits have no impact on the child's sexual orientation.

The APA never said this and you need to stop telling school boards and adoption agencies it did.

Once again, here's what the APA said:

What causes a person to have a particular sexual orientation?
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Spike

Covina, CA

#153279 Aug 6, 2012
Another day, another squating poster fromthe past and there foolish racists comments or postings.

Atlanta, GA

#153280 Aug 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... where did I write anything about 2+2=4 being a choice, or the shape of the earth? You make shit up and then bitch at me for it? What are you, nuts?
And PLEASE, Mary, do try to stay up to date. Even EXODUS INTERNATIONAL stopped using that silly "life span" propaganda from Paul Cameron. It simply isn't true.
No. being raped or molested doesn't make someone a homosexual. Gee... you are just FULL of misinformation, aren't you?
No... education doesn't confuse. It teaches the FACTS. Facts which you don't like. Tough.
LEARNT? ok... I see the problem here. How can I expect you to grasp a complex subject when you don't even have the basics down? There is NO EVIDENCE that homosexuality is "learned" behavior. It's not even a behavior. It's about who you are sexually attracted to, and THAT cannot be taught or learned. It simply is.
But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your prejudice. This is America. You are free to hold any bogus opinion you want. Just don't be surprised when people make fun of your delusion. Do you know what a delusion is? A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the
contrary. By the way, you have no valid evidence.
But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your prejudice.
What "facts" you shitheeler?

You don't present facts -- never do you support what you're saying with cites. All you do is tell us something is a fact and we're supposed to believe you.

Well, I don't.

Cite your claim that homosexuality isn't a "learned behavior."

Back it up, or stop spewing your pap.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#153281 Aug 6, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"So why is it people need proof that it is a choice in order to believe it is or isnt?"
-No proof = no evidence. If we didn't have proof for the things we analysis, measure, & observe, then we would still be in the stone age. If we didn't have anything to prove, then we wouldn't need to rely on experiments, data, & measurements. If you have a hard time understanding any of this, then take a science class during your time.
"But when someone asks for proof of God or Jesus and they can not produce it they say it is Faith and you do not need proof?"
-LOL "Faith"? Faith is a personal belief. We can't prove there is a God or Jesus because we don't have the technology. And just because there is no physical proof of something doesn't always mean it doesn't exist. Remember when everyone thought the earth was flat? We weren't able to prove it wasn't until we started taking people up into space. Also, if atoms are neither created nor destroyed, then where did they come from? They obviously came from somewhere since they do exist. For all we know, a supreme being may have been responsible for the creation of the multiverse. Why is it hauntings occur & how? There are many questions in science that we can't explain.
No dear. There ARE scientific explannations. You just don't like them, and I seriously doubt if you could do the math involved as proof. It MUCH, much easier to blame it on a "supreme being."

No, I don't remember when everyone thought the earth was flat. I wasn't alive then. Educated people have known the earth was a sphere since the third century BC.

Atoms are never created nor destroyed? Where did you get THAT one? The correct version is ENERGY is neither created nor destroyed, it merely changes form.

From your posts, it is apparent that you have a wealth of misinformation. You are sitting in front of a computer. USE IT.

Atlanta, GA

#153282 Aug 6, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically a person's sexual orientation is NOT a choice, but who they actually opt to be intimate with is........and that is just as true for heterosexuals as it is for Gays and Lesbians!!!
Fine, now cite your claim, you jackass.

And lyrics from Lady Gaga are not considered credible cites.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#153283 Aug 6, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What "facts" you shitheeler?
You don't present facts -- never do you support what you're saying with cites. All you do is tell us something is a fact and we're supposed to believe you.
Well, I don't.
Cite your claim that homosexuality isn't a "learned behavior."
Back it up, or stop spewing your pap.
Facts have NEVER stood in the way of your opinions before. What do you care? If someone claims that "homosexuality is a learned behavior" the burden of proof is theirs. They have no valid, scientific evidence to back it up. You don't get to make outrageous claims and then say "prove it's not true." Science doesn't work that way. If someone says being gay is a learned behavior, my response is "oh really? Where's your evidence?"
Spike

Covina, CA

#153284 Aug 6, 2012
You always need to point out the 'idiots' who post racist comments like the previous poster did nad has been doing for Oh so long.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#153285 Aug 6, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, now cite your claim, you jackass.
And lyrics from Lady Gaga are not considered credible cites.
Look it up from ANY Medical Professional organization. Oh wait, I forgot. You know better than they do, after all, look at your credentials.
Reality

Madison, WI

#153286 Aug 6, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
And that's because the unknown still remains the additional kids who'd have grown up gay had both parents been gay.
But thanks for illustrating the problem with the way the LGBT answers these questions. As you show above, time and again we get your kind of foggy thinking from the LGBT.
They call it "science." It's actually ignorance masquerading as science.
No Zippy she has a valid point. The simple fact is this, a vast majority of homosexuals where and are raised in heterosexual homes. Your notion that gayness is learned is lame at best. These children where raised around heterosexuals, given your some what ass backwards thought process, there would be no homosexuals. You yourself are your own example of how wrong you are.

Atlanta, GA

#153287 Aug 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts have NEVER stood in the way of your opinions before. What do you care? If someone claims that "homosexuality is a learned behavior" the burden of proof is theirs. They have no valid, scientific evidence to back it up. You don't get to make outrageous claims and then say "prove it's not true." Science doesn't work that way. If someone says being gay is a learned behavior, my response is "oh really? Where's your evidence?"
I see ...

So since we can't produce evidence showing homosexuality is a learned behavior, that means it isn't a learned behavior.

Is that your point, you imbecile?

Atlanta, GA

#153288 Aug 6, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>No Zippy she has a valid point. The simple fact is this, a vast majority of homosexuals where and are raised in heterosexual homes. Your notion that gayness is learned is lame at best. These children where raised around heterosexuals, given your some what ass backwards thought process, there would be no homosexuals. You yourself are your own example of how wrong you are.
Look, stupid, because 4 kids out of every 100 with hetero parents turn out gay, tells us nothing about how many kids would turn out gay were the parents gay.

Do you at least grasp that simple concept?
Reality

Madison, WI

#153289 Aug 6, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, stupid, because 4 kids out of every 100 with hetero parents turn out gay, tells us nothing about how many kids would turn out gay were the parents gay.
Do you at least grasp that simple concept?
I would take a wild guess at 4 out of 100, Homosexuality is not learned and you should know that. Have you accepted your bisexuality yest or are you still struggling with self hatred? I assumed that the time you where gone that you had put it to good use and found a Psychologists to help you.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#153292 Aug 6, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't catch on at all !!!
Rose, how can you say that when you made the choice to be a lesbian after being with a man and even became a mother. YOU MADE A CHOICE no ifs and or buts about it, so STFU with your lies and delusions. Damn you are getting stupider by the minute ... lol

Atlanta, GA

#153293 Aug 6, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text> I would take a wild guess at 4 out of 100, Homosexuality is not learned and you should know that. Have you accepted your bisexuality yest or are you still struggling with self hatred? I assumed that the time you where gone that you had put it to good use and found a Psychologists to help you.
And now -- after being shown how idiotic his claim is -- he abandons it altogether.

Honestly, Reality, if I had a nickel for each time I obliterated another of your half-baked LGBT claims, I'd be as rich as Rockefeller.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#153294 Aug 6, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I do try to post my responses appropriate to the intellectual level of the post I am responding too. In the case of "this guy" I have learned to dumb my comments down to just above grunting as he is an absolute moron.
You are kidding right ???? your responses have been null since you've been here. LMAO Go ahead, lets here your favorite gay ressponse ... you are sooooo predictable prove me rightg that you are stuck on stupid for life. You are the reason this country is in the dump

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It is customary for the men to pay 7 hr Spellbound 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr True blue 19,387
WARNING ALERT!: Ebola hits NYC: CrossFit Solace... 19 hr ALERT 1
Hollywood is Mutilating Women in the War on Women 20 hr Tnhellbilly69 4
Bob Hope Airport Is Major Asset To The Economic... Oct 1 hannahlou 1
Woman arrested for possession of drugs with chi... Oct 1 hannahlou 1
Burbank police officer commits suicide on publi... (Oct '09) Aug '14 Kmc audio 179

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 25 at 2:44AM PDT

Burbank News Video

Burbank Dating
Find my Match

Burbank Jobs

Burbank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Burbank News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burbank

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]