Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
ozark mom

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Aug 18, 2012
Two homeless people are at this moment are sheltering in front of the thrift store because the major of the church has said they can not help them. He will not help them because they are not married. He says that they are a Christian group so they can't help them.
Think for a moment how much money goes into this charity..only to turn away the needy because the major has played God and judged them sinful.
The store alone brings in over three thousand dollars a day.
Monday morning I will be calling the head office and explaining why they will no longer get a penny from me.

Rogers, AR

#3 Aug 19, 2012
the gamma house and alpha house are better for homeless than salvation army anyways... because gamma and alpha are ran locally with some government aid... which makes it more livable conditions. whereas salvation army are all donations and their conditions are the best (i mean they are okay considering its better than the streets) but maybe you or someone know can let that couple stay at your home or their home until they get ahold of the director of the houses...better than leaving them on streets and posting about it on topix... That's what i would do.
jeff eeame

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Aug 21, 2012
The Salvation Army sells their free merchandise on Ebay.The good stuff never hits the floor.If you shop their you are an idiot.

Rogers, AR

#5 Aug 21, 2012
wow, i wish I would have read my post before posting. I said that salvation army has the best living conditions in their "shelter", I meant to say arent** and Jeff is right they are just as bad as goodwill. Charging outrageous prices for stuff they get for free and not mention used... So sad. I just put my stuff out on the road and people take it, I like to give not rip people off.
just sayin

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Aug 24, 2012
So many things are done in the name of Christianity when in fact it is just for self gain. Find someone truly in need who are not able to do for themselves and donate to them. That way, you know it is going where it is needed. not lining someones pocket.

Since: Oct 12

Belleville, IL

#7 Nov 1, 2012
Here's what I can tell ya....My house was wiped out in the Gassville tornado and the Salvation Army and local churches were head and shoulders above any other aid in the area. FEMA is the biggest government scam ever! They actually came to my house and reclaimed a case of water they had given 30 minutes before because we were insured....That's a joke! I will donate to nothing except a local church or Salvation Army!
luke the drifter

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Nov 1, 2012
i recently lost my bussiness so me and my bussiness partner went to apply for the bell ringing job which i found out they wont hire you unless you are christian, and they ask for tax papers i dont trust anyone with that
Mountain Home Poster

Hardy, AR

#9 Nov 1, 2012
So if I am Catholic I can't be a bell ringer?:( so not fair...I guess the mormons,babtist, islamic and muslims and so on are out to. YEP NOT FAIR,is this considered a christian cult or club thing then AND we are not in the club- OR WHAT?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bull Shoals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for young freaky ladies who can keep a ... 3 hr John 2
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr guest 29,638
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr Still Listening 9,873
Lake monday 7 hr guest 12
looking for love... (Feb '14) 8 hr big richard 13
find me Chris partee 12 hr me 9
Mikayla Watkins 13 hr Friend 12
•••
•••
•••

Bull Shoals Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••