Jail For Man That Sparked Amber Alert

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo 60
David Grover is going to jail for the next three to six years. He's the man that prompted authorities in North Tonawanda to issue an Amber Alert back in April for a four year old girl. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A Concerned Father

Allegany, NY

#1 Jul 26, 2007
This guy should have got more than 6 years! It's a slap on the hand for parents everywhere who have had something like thios happen to them! My kids were abducted by their mother and what a ho she turned out to be! Instant Karmas Gonna Get Ya!
Nicole

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 26, 2007
As once D.J's girlfriend and also a friend, my heart goes out to him, for he isn't a bad person. He was always very caring and a person who would do anything for anyone and I am sure as he had stated, he never intended to harm that little girl, drugs or not, he doesn't have it him.
I wish him all the best for a better future and my heart also goes out to the family of that little girl, that all her fears go away, so she to can go on with a normal and happy childhood.
Kim Lancaster

Orchard Park, NY

#3 Jul 26, 2007
A Concerned Father wrote:
This guy should have got more than 6 years! It's a slap on the hand for parents everywhere who have had something like thios happen to them! My kids were abducted by their mother and what a ho she turned out to be! Instant Karmas Gonna Get Ya!
your right...as you can see the system screwed up again...pretty sickening aint it. I hope you get your kids back

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jul 26, 2007
Nicole wrote:
As once D.J's girlfriend and also a friend, my heart goes out to him, for he isn't a bad person. He was always very caring and a person who would do anything for anyone and I am sure as he had stated, he never intended to harm that little girl, drugs or not, he doesn't have it him.
I wish him all the best for a better future and my heart also goes out to the family of that little girl, that all her fears go away, so she to can go on with a normal and happy childhood.
He's not a bad person? Are you serious? Well, you are seriously naive!
This man took 4 year old girl from her grandmother's house without permission. The parents had said that he was getting toooo close to her and they tried to stop it and forbade him from coming over. And forbade him access to Serenity. This grown man took a child expressly against the wishes of her parents.
And what grown man likes to play video games with a little child, who is not his own?
This man has and probably still has a fixation on this child. This is not normal behavior. And for the parents to say that Serenity has nightmares - well that doesn't mean that he harmed her, but she knows deep down in her psyche that something was not right about David. Why was she crying when she was released into her mother's arms? If David was such a good friend and Serenity was comfortable around him to go for ice cream, she would not have been crying when he brought her home.
Something fishy going on with that guy.
B in lancaster

Lockport, NY

#5 Jul 26, 2007
As a father of three little boys, I understand this whole incident from a parents perspective, but having said that, How the hell does he get 3 to 6 for this when a minister is murdered in cold blood and his wife who killed him gets off with less then that. Mr. Capozzi was in jail for life for rape. Now obviously rape is awful but life for rape and murderers are getting off after just a couple years. What the hell is wrong with our system? It is so political and affected by liberal judges who haven't a clue what the real world is about.
A Concerned Parent

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jul 26, 2007
I beleive there should be some type of reinforcment for familys once people like this are released back into society. Who is to say something like this would not happen again! There should be some type of predator listing for people who have endangered or abducted a child like this case. I want to know if a person in my community has been in prison for kidnapping, abduction, and endangering a child like this. What can be done to protect our children in this world?
A Concerned Parent

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jul 26, 2007
Any suggestions?
angry person

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jul 26, 2007
Nicole wrote:
As once D.J's girlfriend and also a friend, my heart goes out to him, for he isn't a bad person. He was always very caring and a person who would do anything for anyone and I am sure as he had stated, he never intended to harm that little girl, drugs or not, he doesn't have it him.
I wish him all the best for a better future and my heart also goes out to the family of that little girl, that all her fears go away, so she to can go on with a normal and happy childhood.
If in fact he was such a good person why did he downgrade you, cheat on you, and put you in harms way. If I recall you where the person whom went out a two story window naked running down the street with cut and bruses due to not wanting to have intercourse with david grover. He also brought you to a drug house, robbed the man and left you there. Did he not?
If you think this is ofencive maybe you should speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!
Anne

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jul 27, 2007
I don't feel this man deserves 6-7 years in jail. When a convicted child molester from Orchard Park(Daniel J. McCarthy) only served 6 months in jail. This molester is more of a threat to society than this man.
inkling

Buffalo, NY

#10 Jul 27, 2007
What did he really do though? The girl was unharmed, correct? Six months may've been more appropriate than six years. Of course, he should still have the "potential molester alert" put out on him in whichever neighbourhood he lives in for the rest of his life though. i like those. They really deal the sex offender a serious and long-lasting blow.
JUST A FRIEND

Fairport, NY

#11 Jul 27, 2007
WHAT DAVID DID WAS WRONG. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. NONE WHAT SO EVER. HOWEVER, PEOPLE NEED TO THINK FOR THEM SELVES AND NOT ON WHAT SOME JOURNALIST WHO DOESN'T KNOW EITHER SIDE OR PARTY WRITES. I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR THAT THE LITTLE GIRL HAD TO GO THROUGH THE EXPERIANCE AND IS STILL EFFECTED BY IT. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AN EYE OPENER FOR MOMMY AND DADDY TO STOP THERE INNER RING GAMBLING CIRCLES AND COCAINE ABUSE. THEY SAY THAT EVERY THING BAD HAS A POSITIVE. I HOPE THERE IS ENOUGH MOTIVATION HERE FOR THE PARENT TO TAKE THE OPPURTUNITY TO BE THE BEST PARENTS THEY CAN BE NOW. MY PRAYERS DO GO OUT TO BOTH THE PLATTS AND THE GROVER FAMILIES.
JUST A FRIEND

Fairport, NY

#12 Jul 27, 2007
OH AND BY THE WAY... NICOLE YOU STUCK YOUR NECK OUT THERE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WITHOUT CONCEALING WHO YOUR ARE I GIVE YOU SO MUCH RESPECT FOR THAT. AS FAR AS ANGRY PERSON GOES.... I LOVE HOW YOU HAVE TO TAKE SOMEONE'S SINCERE POST WHO IS NOT BEING BIAS BUT JUST SPEAKING HER FEELINGS AND TWIST THEM INTO SOME 9TH GRADE LET ME TELL THE WORLD YOUR PERSONAL LIFE BUSINESS AND THEN HIDE BEHIND A NAME LIKE ANGRY PERSON..... SOUNDS MORE LIKE ENVIOUS PERSON OR COWARDLY PERSON TO ME. THIS IS NOT A POST ABOUT DJ AND NICOLE'S RELATIONSHIP... ITS ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS ON THE SITUATION AND THE SENTENCE. GROW UP....

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jul 27, 2007
well, a regular soap opera going on there.
Hope this shakes everyone around Serenity up enough to put down their crack pipes and grow up.
JUST A FRIEND

Fairport, NY

#14 Jul 27, 2007
AGREED AN OBSERVER
christa platts

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jul 27, 2007
I am quit distrubed that people such as angry person, and a friend could write such things. Personally its ashame because of one persons problam they blame both patries. I would like to thank nicole as well for epressing her feeling and hoping everything to be fine with my daughter.
For those other people who can make faulse acussations on both parties you should've at least put a name to go with the writting unless you where worried it wasnt the truth. Thank you to everyone who in fact did help locate my daghter and my prayers go out to david grover.
a loving family

AOL

#16 Jul 27, 2007
to the veiwers, the platts family is a loving and caring family and very overprotective family, nor do they do drugs....it ashame that david grover family and friends are saying things that are not true,,, in fact david grover does have a drug problem, fact david grover was in prison before for masturbating in front of a little girl, and police picked he up in bushes nuded, that my friends is public records,,if david grover didnot take the plea that case would have been brough into this case and david grover would had gotten 25 years or more,, so its ashame that that other case could not be brough in because of him taken the plea.... i also hope we gets every thing coming to him in prison.....
A OUTSIDER

United States

#17 Jul 27, 2007
Some Loving Family Lies Lies LIES
a family friend

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jul 27, 2007
inkling wrote:
What did he really do though? The girl was unharmed, correct? Six months may've been more appropriate than six years. Of course, he should still have the "potential molester alert" put out on him in whichever neighbourhood he lives in for the rest of his life though. i like those. They really deal the sex offender a serious and long-lasting blow.
you claim "the girl was unharmed" wrong. Poor Serenity was harmed. Emotionally, she is having a difficult time sleeping and carrying on with life. What a horrible situation for a little girl to deal with at only 4 years old. What a horrible situation poor Crista is dealing with. How can you protect your children when they are so scared even in their own home, usually their safe zone. You need to really think about what you say. If your child does not sleep, how can you? Do you have children? You would know if you did. Besides, this is not Grover's first federal offense. He already showed his colors. Take all the facts into consideration. Truthfully he should have gotten the maximum sentence. This is the second time he is blaming drugs, poor excuse. Next time will he kill someone and still blame drugs?
Gerry- a family friend

Syracuse, NY

#19 Jul 27, 2007
I am so amazed at how people who do not even know all the facts can throw in comments concerning this situation. As far as Mom and Dad, I have never seen any more loving parents. They are always concerned about their family. I do agree with one post, which mentioned they were over protective. Good parents are at the stage. Children are small and need constant care. As parents we should do all we can to keep them safe from what could be. I believe Christa and Jay did their best. Grover was told to stay away, but he didn't. where do you even see gambling or drugs? The only drugs present was with David Grover. No one else. How can working be confused with drugs or gambling? Not everyone works 9-5. I suppose no one ever makes friends with people they work with? They found his friendship to be a hazard, so he was told to stay away. Apparently their feeling towards him were true. They didnt trust him, and he proved he was a threat to their safety.
JUST A FRIEND

Fairport, NY

#20 Jul 28, 2007
Gerry- a family friend wrote:
I am so amazed at how people who do not even know all the facts can throw in comments concerning this situation. As far as Mom and Dad, I have never seen any more loving parents. They are always concerned about their family. I do agree with one post, which mentioned they were over protective. Good parents are at the stage. Children are small and need constant care. As parents we should do all we can to keep them safe from what could be. I believe Christa and Jay did their best. Grover was told to stay away, but he didn't. where do you even see gambling or drugs? The only drugs present was with David Grover. No one else. How can working be confused with drugs or gambling? Not everyone works 9-5. I suppose no one ever makes friends with people they work with? They found his friendship to be a hazard, so he was told to stay away. Apparently their feeling towards him were true. They didnt trust him, and he proved he was a threat to their safety.
OK OK, DAVE GROVER HAS BEEN OPENLY ADDICTED TO DRUGS FOR YEARS... EVEN WHEN THE PLATTS MET HIM. YES DAVE HAS BEEN IN JAIL BEFORE... AND YES THE PLATTS FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED GROVER... SO STOP WITH THE SLANDER.. FOR REAL... EVERYONE... AND AGAIN LET ME CLERIFY WHAT DAVE DID IS WRONG... NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER.. I DO NOT AGREE OR SUPPORT WHAT HE DID... BUT I DO SUPPORT TRUTH.... PUT DOWN THE POKER CHIPS, UNROLL THE DOLLAR BILLS... AND STOP WITH THE SLANDER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo: City of G__________ N_________rs 51 min Buck Rohde 3
2014 Forum Personality Of The Year 1 hr factcheck 12
Leo Cudney Accusations 1 hr Lung Crow 1
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 3 hr Hellraiser 469
Php 9 hr danpwrbottom 1
Amherst NY does not need low income housing 14 hr Buck Rohde 12
Mafiasos eluding the law 14 hr Buck Rohde 4
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Buffalo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Buffalo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:37 am PST