Write-in will win at least one Columbus Board of Education seat

Full story: DispatchPolitics

With absentee voting to begin Tuesday, the Columbus Board of Education race is shaping up as the year of the write-in, with six write-in candidates outnumbering the three names on the ballot.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Mac Apple

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Judged:

Why is Carol Perkins running? Wasn't she in trouble with her public employer for campaigning on state time on state computers. Nice role model for our children.
Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

'Cause she's a great Board President. At least she actually graduated from high school, unlike Mike Wiles (GED).
Mac Apple

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Bob wrote:
'Cause she's a great Board President. At least she actually graduated from high school, unlike Mike Wiles (GED).
But she has claimed she was close to a college degree two years ago. Still no dice. Has been working on a college degree for 15 years. Clueless.
Carl

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

I would like to know what each of the candidate feel about the video that’s being shown to grad school kids called the storyofstuff.
It can be seen at www.storyofstuff.com
fff

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

As an employee of the CCS. I can tell you any of the existing board members have no idea how to run a school district, especially the Superintendent.
Carols_a_fraud

Genoa, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

Yeah - I do remember Perkins adventures at COTA - over 1,400 personal emails for banking, joles to friends and poltical campaigning. COTA and the Dispatch swept that under the rug...meaning something smells funny around here.

Last month's Columbus Monthly even brought up Perkins unethical and possibly criminal activities...COTA's CEO Bill Lhota said that he was bending the rules for Perkins and his "no tolereance" ethics policy. What? So, no tolerance = tolerance? Does Carol have pictures of Lhota or what?

Write Perkins out, not in.
MJM

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

Bob wrote:
Are you aware that it takes a great deal more academic knowledge to receive a GED than it does to graduate from high school.
MJM

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

fff wrote:
As an employee of the CCS. I can tell you any of the existing board members have no idea how to run a school district, especially the Superintendent.
You are so right. Don't you think it is about time for the Superintendent to retire and spend time with the family. She has done nothing but mess up the district. It is rumored that she doing what she is able to for the city of Columbus, and absolutely nothing for CCS.
MJM

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

I think S. Groce may be aware of what is going on in the schools. The rest of the bunch is clueless. That Drummond lady is smart to give it up. The schools are failing all she along with the rest states is Gene Harris is doinga great job. I am not voting for Carol Perkins because she thinks Gene Harris is great. I think she stays in La La land. Everyone down there says yes to about everything Gene does. I know Gene does not want that Kambon lady on the board, because she willnot be able to play games with her. I think it is a shame the Chambers has allow her to mess up the schools. We did not know it then, but Bill Moss was aware of her abilities which is zero in effectively running a school district. Private industry would have fired her and her team of retired administrators, soon after the students made the mass exit to the charter schools.
MJM

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2009

Bob wrote:
What has she done that was so great? All she does is speak of Gene Harris being great. Neither has done ANYTHING that would be considered great. For both one may say that their ambition has exceeded their abilities. Gene is doing everything she knows to improve CCS. However no improvement. She has a useless team along with herself.
Mike

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2009

Bob wrote:
So why would graduating from High School, College, or a PhD be a requirement? The School Board has had those in the past and you see where we are at!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bryan Discussions

Search the Bryan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 1 hr mjjcpa 170
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Fri ha ha 25,331
brock Saunders Apr 16 lol 4
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Kasich reappoints local man to state council Apr 12 leave bellefontaine 1
amp plastics/dci plastics (Feb '13) Apr 7 QR interested 10
•••
•••
•••
Bryan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bryan Jobs

•••