'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 1,878)

Showing posts 37,541 - 37,560 of139,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“"who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you even serious???
It may very well be a womans right to choose to have the baby or not, But it's not the same as basically selective birth tofy..
Again I call B/S..
I love my sisters, Do you????
Another manufactured controversy
perpetuated by Anti-abortion activists!
I'm calling B/S on this one.
Statistics do not indicate that the US has a problem with sex-selective abortions, nor do they indicate an increasing gender discrepancy in the American birth rate. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control, the sex ratio — the number of baby boys born per 1,000 baby girls — has actually been decreasing slightly but steadily over the last 30 years. In 1983, 1,052 boys were born for every 1,000 girls born in the US; in 2009, 1,048 boys were born for every 1,000 girls. This is only indicative of a “growing problem” if by “growing problem" it's growing anti-abortion rights talking points...blah,blah,blah...

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Hey wrote:
Did you also know that Bill Clinton tried to get Hillary to run against Obama in 2012???
And?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

I have a problem with abortion.If one wants to abort due to the sex of the child,I personally think that is wrong.Who cares what I think>Now if the parents have some deformed,some health problems for the Mother,a child that is apparently dying,then these reasons are for them to determine for themselves,not for the LAW,not for us to decide.Mostly,I think most of the people in this Country would believe in staying the Hell out of what other persons do in these circumstances.And,who knows,I have been wrong before.Doesn`t change how one thinks.
Curious

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Hey wrote:
GENDERCIDE
Another new and chilling Live Action film shows gendercide being promoted in a New York City Planned Parenthood clinic. A woman undercover says if she is pregnant with a baby girl, she would want to abort and instead have a boy. The Planned Parenthood worker counsels her about how to terminate her pregnancy, late term, based on sex-selection.
On Monday, Dan brought you a video from Live Action showing an Austin, Texas Planned Parenthood employee counseling a young woman about how she could have a late term abortion if her baby was a girl rather than a boy.
Legislation coming up for a House vote would make it a federal crime to carry out an abortion based on the gender of the fetus. The measure takes aim at the aborting of female fetuses, a practice more common to countries such India and China, where there is a strong preference for sons, but which is also thought to take place in this country.
The mainly Republican supporters of the bill characterized the vote as a sex-discrimination issue at a time when Democrats are accusing Republicans of waging a war on women. Abortion rights advocates argued that the bill exploits the problem of selective abortion to further limit a woman's right to choose.
But of course, it looks like the do nothing Democrat controlled Senate will allow the war on baby girls to continue. Pro-abortion groups are already screaming about the bill and ironically calling it discrimination.
Marcia Greenberger, co-president of the National Women's Law Center, said the bill fosters discrimination by "subjecting women from certain racial and ethnic backgrounds to additional scrutiny about their decision to terminate a pregnancy."
How low are you willing to stoop with attacks on women's health care, nothing seems to be beneath you! Here is an idea for you and your right-wing ilk:
Vote straight Republican, the more religious and conservative, the better. Deregulate banks and Wall Street, abolish corporate taxes altogether. Deport 11 million illegals, bust every union in the country, make abortion illegal, wipe out medicare, welfare and food stamps, drill and frack in all 50 states, build coal plants everywhere and disband the EPA, invade Iran and Syria with boots on the ground simultaneously, and make Chrisianity and school prayer mandatory, burn every book that hints at evolution, lower the minimum wage, raise taxes on the poor and lower them to 2% for the rich, oh one more thing –‘open carry’ in every state. That’s how we get our country back – God is on our side!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

you tell that so funny ...
Hey

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How low are you willing to stoop with attacks on women's health care, nothing seems to be beneath you! Here is an idea for you and your right-wing ilk:
Vote straight Republican, the more religious and conservative, the better. Deregulate banks and Wall Street, abolish corporate taxes altogether. Deport 11 million illegals, bust every union in the country, make abortion illegal, wipe out medicare, welfare and food stamps, drill and frack in all 50 states, build coal plants everywhere and disband the EPA, invade Iran and Syria with boots on the ground simultaneously, and make Chrisianity and school prayer mandatory, burn every book that hints at evolution, lower the minimum wage, raise taxes on the poor and lower them to 2% for the rich, oh one more thing –‘open carry’ in every state. That’s how we get our country back – God is on our side!
What the hell does womens health care have to do with it ???

And your over exageration of the rest is just funny....
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

There are many theories about why Mitt Romney is embracing Donald Trump, especially after Trump reaffirmed his conviction to CNN this afternoon that President Obama was not born in the United States. But what do the real birthers think of the sudden, renewed attention? We spoke to some of the theory’s top advocates to find out.

http://www.salon.com/2012/05/29/birthers_chee...

Calif Mike
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 07:12 PM EDT

@ ALEX SEITZ-WALD,

“Orly Taitz, the dentist cum lawyer cum California Senate candidate who has filed numerous colorful lawsuits challenging Obama’s birth certificate, is thrilled.‘Romney is correct, this is long overdue,’ Taitz told Salon.‘I do believe that the Romney campaign is sending a message that they are questioning Obama’s eligibility.’”

Alex, you forgot to mention that Orly Taitz is also a real estate broker.

As far as Obama’s eligibility, the focus is misplaced.

I am sure that you and many of your readers think that if Obama was born in Hawaii, everything is just peachy. Not quite. A person running for or being president of this country is supposed to be a natural born Citizen.

The following is one of the latest attempts to clarify this issue.

“S. 2128 (108th): Natural Born Citizen Act

108th Congress, 2003–2004

A bill to define the term "natural born Citizen" as used in the Constitution of the United States to establish eligibility for the Office of President.

Introduced:

Feb 25, 2004

Sponsor:

Sen. Don Nickles [R-OK, 1981-2004]

Died (Introduced)

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress, which serves Congress. GovTrack did not write and has no control over these summaries.

2/25/2004--Introduced.

Natural Born Citizen Act - Defines the constitutional term "natural born citizen," to establish eligibility for the Office of President, as:(1) any person born in, and subject to the jurisdiction of, the United States; and (2) any person born outside the United States who derives citizenship at birth from U.S. citizen parents, or who is adopted by the age of 18 by U.S. citizen parents who are otherwise eligible to transmit citizenship.”

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/108/s21...

The right way would have been a Constitutional Amendment, but this would have been a good start.

So don’t blame Taitz, Trump or Farrah.
Blame the Congress.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Court Order Allows Topix Website Depositions

Last week, Foster asked for and received a court order to allow depositions to be taken of Topix, LLC officers,.... and individuals," in order to identify sources of the damaging postings, including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

The words of some people in postings of Greenville Topix threads amount to nothing less than "emotional terrorism," Foster said.

http://www.greenevillesun.com/Local_News/arti...
Hey

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Ain't no worries about Obamas food stamp program ceasing..

He's trying to put us all on them...

Thank God, Only 5 months till November..

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

color wtf two wrote:
<quoted text>You are certifiably ca-razy and there is no point trying to have a discussion with you, coming from the place you're at dude. I can see that. You've been sincerely brain-washed and I hope you don't get too sick when Obama wins the election.'Night all! Sweet dreams!
Obama won't get but 45 percent of the vote at the most.
Romney by a landslide.
And, you forgot to answer the question in the post. Prove Obama is something other than a Marxist communist. I'll help you. Here's the post again:
We see one every time Obama shows his Marxist communist face on television.
Let's go over who Obama associated with....
Frank Marshal Davis, William Ayers, Vallerie Jarrett, and on and on and on.
Tell us about the capitalist mentors of Obama, dupe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Another manufactured controversy
perpetuated by Anti-abortion activists!
I'm calling B/S on this one.
Statistics do not indicate that the US has a problem with sex-selective abortions, nor do they indicate an increasing gender discrepancy in the American birth rate. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control, the sex ratio — the number of baby boys born per 1,000 baby girls — has actually been decreasing slightly but steadily over the last 30 years. In 1983, 1,052 boys were born for every 1,000 girls born in the US; in 2009, 1,048 boys were born for every 1,000 girls. This is only indicative of a “growing problem” if by “growing problem" it's growing anti-abortion rights talking points...blah,blah,blah...
Don't hide behind statistics.
The issue is, is the sex of the child a legitimate condition to allow abortion?
It's a simple question.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

OPERATION FAST AND FURIOUS UPDATE

Ken Berwitz

Sunday, 03 June 2012

THOMAS SOWELL CALLS OUT ERIC HOLDER

Ken Berwitz

The brilliant scholar and philosopher, Thomas Sowell, has called out the disgraceful toady and Obama sock-puppet, eric holder. And, it being Thomas Sowell doing the calling-out, he does it just about perfectly.

Here are some key excerpts from Mr. Sowell's deconstruction of holder.....but you do yourself a major favor and use the link I've provided to read every word:

----------

Here is the latest news about the Operation Fast and Furious scandal.

With the addition of Tom McClintock (R-CA), the number of congresspeople who are demanding that Attorney General eric holder resign, have signed a no-confidence resolution against him, or both, is now up to 132: 129 house members and 3 senators. That is just about one fourth of the entire congress of the United States.

http://partisan.blogs.hopelesslypartisan.com/...
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell does womens health care have to do with it ???
And your over exageration of the rest is just funny....
The right-wingers have really no clue what Plant Parenthood is all about - how strangely sad
Chill Out

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Hey wrote:
Ain't no worries about Obamas food stamp program ceasing..
He's trying to put us all on them...
Thank God, Only 5 months till November..
So you want to blame Obama for the Food Stamps increase?

The Treasury Department put the ‘total lost household wealth’ resulting from the “Bush Recession” at $19.2 trillion.
Gross Domestic Product:
The report notes the massive difference between the actual and potential GDP — now estimated at about $2.6 trillion, according to a January Congressional Budget Office report.
Unemployment:
The rate peaked at 10.1 percent in October 2009, but it’s still at 8.1 percent today. That’s 12.5 million people who are out of work, not saving for retirement and not contributing to the GDP.
Government bailouts:
The government has poured about $23 trillion into a host of programs and bailouts.
Lost household wealth:
With home prices tanking, the report estimates a loss of $7 trillion in the real estate industry. The stock market decline has brought another $11 trillion in losses, and retirement accounts have lost $3.4 trillion.
Human suffering:
It’s hard to put a dollar value on this. But the report found plenty of grim data to offer some insight: The Census Bureau’s 2010 estimate of 46.2 million people in poverty is the “largest number in the 52 years for which poverty estimates have been published.”

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hide behind statistics.
The issue is, is the sex of the child a legitimate condition to allow abortion?
It's a simple question.
It's a simple question alright one that only exists in the minds of the regressive right.
Who primitive attitudes they wish on push on society.To
Limit proper education in such matters as to control behavior to suit
their distorted view of what freedom really is!

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
The right-wingers have really no clue what Plant Parenthood is all about - how strangely sad
They're regressive "AnnAgain" who live or wish to live in some time warp! They think Leave it to Beaver was how things really
were!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of Plant Parenthood.

Now Planned Parenthood is a different story.

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Idea's move a NATION FORWARD...If it wasn't for the New Deal
and it's Social Agenda.
You regressive wouldn't have a pot to pee in and you know it.
Don't stifle ideas embrace them move forward always move forward.
Sitting on your porch waiting for good times???
Is that what your about?
Jumping on every fantasy contrived by some goofball
with nothing better to do....Please?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does women`s health care have to do with any of the above?
Although,a lot of what you think should be so done may have some legitimacy.Vote straight Republican is a good start.Most of the rest is B/S.

coolorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

The ignigma...why you would choose to stand pat and let the rest of the world move froward is beyond me?
What's to be gained from freeze frame?
This country will always evolve and you must evolve with it or be left in the dust of ideologies lost.
You bellow fears of things that do not exist.Only
in make believe worlds of false prophets which words you follow so you may echo with some kind of perverted pride that your on the side of righteousness!
Why you fear change is puzzling to me?
Because all things change no matter what!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,541 - 37,560 of139,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Brooksville Forum right now

Search the Brooksville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
math teacher 7 min curious 1
redbone 19 min impartial observer 13
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 29 min From Boston 16,033
jr henderson jailtime or rat 34 min qtap 1
porter ray covert 39 min Cricket 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,256
greg trapp ... opinions? 13 hr really 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brooksville Jobs

•••
•••
•••