dana

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

jayar i luv ur pics, do u think u can find an old pic of ps 73 on macdougal street in brooklyn?
Jayar

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

dana wrote:
jayar i luv ur pics, do u think u can find an old pic of ps 73 on macdougal street in brooklyn?
Check the photo album Dana, 1931 and the school today.
Carol

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Jayar wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the photo album Dana, 1931 and the school today.
your pics are real real nice... was that train going to Bargain Town USA. i got my first bike there... all workers wore red ..white shirts and the building was that color too. if i remember well enough...
Jayar

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
your pics are real real nice... was that train going to Bargain Town USA. i got my first bike there... all workers wore red ..white shirts and the building was that color too. if i remember well enough...
Kosciusko station would be the stop if you were going to Bargain Town.
The next stop was Myrtle Ave, I lived on Kosciusko St. and would take the train to Bushwick H.S. Glad you like the pictures, enjoy.
Carol

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Jayar wrote:
<quoted text>
The next stop was Myrtle Ave, I lived on Kosciusko St. and would take the train to Bushwick H.S. Glad you like the pictures, enjoy.
Good ole Gen. Kosciusko had a station named after him... I posted PS #56 Ms Coco class of 1955.. is that her ? seems everyone in here is is older then me {62}? lol I went to Franklin K Lane. but lived on Jefferson and Bushwick Ave. use to go to Bushwick HS park alot. had friends that lived across the St. from the park... PS if you took the De Kalb Ave bus and the Wilson Ave bus would you be able to go to Bushwick HS too ?? just testing my BRAIN. to see if i am still smart or not lol
Carol

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Jayar wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I was telling my husband which comes from Colorado about the leather straps on the Myrtle Ave station upper level that went to Jay St. last yr {2011} went on a vacation to NY from Texas we both went to the Board of Education on Livington St.he was amazed at tall the old trains and the fire alarm box and old buses they had ..Juniors cheese cake on Flatush ave does nto taste the same...even went to Coney and the franks taste awful now .. even Rockaway looks different the fishing in Sheepsherd is not the same any more even.. no so many fish on the boats to be caught. do they still go out to Cap Tree LI anymore ? leave from Brooklyn /Queens 12 yrs and it changed so much ....so disappointed..
Robin

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Love this photo! Lived in the Bushwick projects late 60's, early 70's...the family house is on Bleecker and Evergreen. My family still lives there. Always recognized the red and white striped "Buy Rite" building on my way to my aunts house at the Gates Avenue stop. Most of the time, we just walked from Flushing Avenue up Bushwick Avenue to my aunt's house. I recognize the steeple from the church as well. There is a white church on Himrod Street and Bushwick I think....great memories!
Jayar

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Robin wrote:
Love this photo! Lived in the Bushwick projects late 60's, early 70's...the family house is on Bleecker and Evergreen. My family still lives there. Always recognized the red and white striped "Buy Rite" building on my way to my aunts house at the Gates Avenue stop. Most of the time, we just walked from Flushing Avenue up Bushwick Avenue to my aunt's house. I recognize the steeple from the church as well. There is a white church on Himrod Street and Bushwick I think....great memories!
South Bushwick Reformed Dutch Church, aka, Second Reformed Church of Bushwick and as White Church,was organized in 1851, by twenty of the neighboring farmers. The church was erected 1852-53 on the
southwest corner of Himrod Street, upon 6 lots of land presented by Andries & Abraham STOCKHOLM.The centre of the church marks the dividing line between the two farms. Inside the original
structure the line was marked by a row of iron columns running down on either side of the main body of the church. The Sunday School was added in 1881 and the wings to the main building in 1883.
Robin check for pictures on this site.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Brooklyn Forum right now

Search the Brooklyn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Fresh performing at Milkriver nightclub! 1 hr Hitman 4
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 8 hr cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 8 hr sdd 755
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 9 hr Wake up 669
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr land of the slaves 6,371
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 13 hr voter 6,366
•••
•••

Brooklyn News Video

•••
•••

Brooklyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brooklyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE