Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

john bender wrote:
Bristol, Va. is actually the nicest part of bristol....It's were all the high rent lives..bristol tn. is another story.
Not exactly... Tara Hills out by the country club a pretty ritzy neighborhood... its on Tn side...
keen eye

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

This episode was not filmed in Bristol seeing as how Bristol does not have Palm trees growing rampant. The show mentions Bristol numerous times, it mentioned someone being born at Johnson Memorial in Bristol (not Johnston), they did a really good job striping the police cars to look like Bristol VA units, but to the keen eye it was not actual Bristol VA police cars. The cars on this show had a 1/2 blue & 1/2 red light bar (Virginia police cars have not displayed red lights since the late 80s) and one of the cars shown displayed a car number of 864. The way BVPD numbers their cars is 3 or 4 digits: the last 2 digits is the sequential number of how many cars were purchased that year, and the digits before that is the year it was purchased. Example: car number 703 is the third car purchased in 2007, 1005 = 5th car purchased in 2010. The car on the show #864 - there was NOT 64 cars purchased in 2008 (or any other year for that matter).
third eye

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

keen eye wrote:
This episode was not filmed in Bristol seeing as how Bristol does not have Palm trees growing rampant. The show mentions Bristol numerous times, it mentioned someone being born at Johnson Memorial in Bristol (not Johnston), they did a really good job striping the police cars to look like Bristol VA units, but to the keen eye it was not actual Bristol VA police cars. The cars on this show had a 1/2 blue & 1/2 red light bar (Virginia police cars have not displayed red lights since the late 80s) and one of the cars shown displayed a car number of 864. The way BVPD numbers their cars is 3 or 4 digits: the last 2 digits is the sequential number of how many cars were purchased that year, and the digits before that is the year it was purchased. Example: car number 703 is the third car purchased in 2007, 1005 = 5th car purchased in 2010. The car on the show #864 - there was NOT 64 cars purchased in 2008 (or any other year for that matter).
well thank you for all your brilliant observations. who gives a crap??????????
Christa4011

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Bristol Girl wrote:
I missed this episode can anyone tell me the name of it so I can watch it?! I would really like to see it!
And I too have very nice teeth!(:
The Episdoe is called "Remembrance of Things Past"
Bristol gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

I was excited to hear that they had chosen to do an episode using Bristol, Va as the location. I watched the episode twice trying to get a glimpse of anything recognizable from Bristol. I was very disappointed that I did not. I googled a street name that was mentioned, because it sounded unfamiliar, and found no such street in Bristol. Oh well, it was kind of neat to be mentioned. As for the derogatory remarks on here about Bristol, pure ignorance.
DIRTY COPS EVERYWHERE

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Forgot to mentiong thats its full of Dirty cops too..........Bristol VA & Bristol TN cops..........
WinterHawk99 wrote:
Yes ,,, I grew up there ...Beautiful mountain country. Town is full of college grads, Drs Attorneys, Teachers, Authors and great business people. We have nice clean hair and beautiful teeth. Criminal Minds was abut the exception to all rules.
Lovy

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Christa4011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Episdoe is called "Remembrance of Things Past"
Puts me in mind past of a dirty school board office and detention center personnel mess. Mr. Nash and Danko lady affairs.
BFD

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

ljc83 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, we exist lol... ever heard of Bristol Motor Speedway. Like for Nascar? Bristol is on the Tenn/Va state line. Im actually trying to find this episode to see if it was really filmed here.
I live in t he area and I saw the episode. Yes it was filmed in Bristol, used Bristol VA Police cars and I knew some of the Bristil Police shown.
BFD

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

keen eye wrote:
Your eyes are not as keen as you think, just like on the ID channel a couple weeks ago, the Washington Co Sheriffs Dept was filmed onn the trucker "Gobble: who killed the women and left one at exit ten. They used the Exit 29 truck stop as part of the story and used the current cars Wash Co has. Not to say they may not have inserted a scene from out of the region, but it was here.
keen eye

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

I'm not going to argue. Call the police department and ask them and they will tell you no. Like I said, NONE, I repeat NONE of Bristol Virginia's police cruisers have a 1/2 red - 1/2 blue light bar, they are all blue all the way.
Old Timer

Forsyth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

The show was not filmed in Bristol VA PERIOD. If you think that is was please tell a scene that shows any part of Bristol VA or even Bristol TN for that matter.

Keen eye is correct about the police car numbers and they only use all blue lights. Also they wear gray shirts with a gray strip on the pants not tan shirts. The station is no where close to their police station.

BFD, I noticed that you did not use BVFD or BTFD so I am taking it that you are really not even from the area. Again if so please tell me where any part was filmed. The streets listed on the show are not in the city or around, the 24207 zip code on the hospital information is not a real zip code. If you are a fireman in the area it is sad that you don't even know your area enough to know the streets.
Bristol gal

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Judged:

Who cares if it was filmed here or not. Half the shows & movies these days are never filmed where they say they take place, so why argue over it? I just think it's cool they talked about this lil town in a popular tv show!
Blue Eyes

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

To the Smart*ss named Getoffmylawn, you are so childish and immature. I use to live in Bristol and it is a much better place to live than your crummy little Dingmans Ferry. Yes I have been by there too as I have lived in Pa as well, however you all are so ignorant. You think that running a car through a mud hole six inches deep is mudding and a truck pull is hooking two trucks together with a chain and burning out there tires on pavement. Well got news for you, come to VIRGINIA and let a real country gal/guy show you what real country rednecking is. Until then get a life and stop cracking on people you dont know and havnt seen. Alot of you people in PA live in places we Virginians would never think existed unless it was condemned.......
Episode Info

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Plot Summary for
"Criminal Minds" Remembrance of Things Past (2010)

The team is still adjusting to the loss of JJ from the unit, she who was transferred to the Department of Defense against her own wishes. The BAU's next case takes them to Bristol, Virginia, where young blond women are abducted from highly public locations. They are tortured and sodomized before being murdered by electrocution, their bodies dumped in a common location. They were forced to telephone a loved one to tell them of their impending death. This case is reminiscent of a sixteen year old cold case that Rossi worked on, the unsub of the cold case nicknamed the Butcher, who killed over a ten year period in the Bristol area. The primary difference between this new case and that of the Butcher is that the Butcher's victims were forced to say in their telephone calls that they enjoyed it. The BAU believe these new killings are the work of copycats, as they know there are two unsubs. Two of the major reasons they believe so is that the Butcher's profile had him as a narcissist who would not work with another, and had him as a then middle aged man who could now not physically abduct the young women due to his advanced age. But Rossi's gut feeling tells him that the Butcher is involved in these new killings. Rossi has to figure out how to reconcile the two sets of profiles. Written by Huggo

When several women are found murdered in a similar fashion, Rossi revisits a cold case that has haunted him for 25 years, causing him to suspect that the original killer is at work again. Written by CBS Publicity

Plot Synopsis:

Bristol, Virginia -- A family is about to drive to a football game when mom realizes that dad has left the tickets inside... See more (warning! contains spoilers) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1716861/synopsis
katie

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Bristol Girl wrote:
I missed this episode can anyone tell me the name of it so I can watch it?! I would really like to see it!
And I too have very nice teeth!(:
Remembrance of Things Past - episode: 124 original air date 10-06-10
robin

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

getoffmylawn wrote:
<quoted text>some of you need teeth to eat the corn out of you shit.
At least we can spell and don't sound like an ignorant person who probably has more issues than the entire town of Bristol put together. Sad that you feel you need to belittle people you know nothing about just to feel good about yourself. Totally off the topic of Criminal Minds, but maybe that's because of your ignorance.
OceanLady

Georgetown, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

It's on A&E right now.
Hello

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

It's on right now, too on A & E
Watcher

Church Hill, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

They did a few location background shots in Bristol Va, that's about it. The rest of it was done either on a back lot or the location in Canada where they usually film. None of the principal actors from the show even set foot in Bristol. I do remember driving downtown and them having certain roads blocked off and both WCYB and WJHL making a big deal about a shooting crew from Criminal Minds shooting here. (Just a little FYI, they also made a big deal about them only shooting on the VA side because Sullivan County wouldn't issue the permits, but Bristol VA did.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Bristol Forum right now

Search the Bristol Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah 2 hr afrojack 163
JMH Rumor 2 hr Oh my 4
SWVA Paramedic Program 4 hr Grad 6
Abingdon people suck . 16 hr Oh my 9
Julie Newman..WCYB (Mar '13) Mon Carl 19
what happened to highlands fellowship (Feb '12) Mon Marie 49
Vape Aloud Sun BananaHammock 13
•••
•••