Southeastern Pain Managment Center - Bristol Dr. Moore

Posted in the Bristol Forum

yes

Christiansburg, VA

#1 Apr 14, 2013
I have an appointment to this clinic from my PCP.

My appt. is with Dr. Moore. I have mri and ct scans showing the following. I have hemangioma tumor on my spine, narrowing of the spinal canal, spurring on vertebrae, Cortical Atrophy,DDD, and broke I my neck and had surgery on my right leg in 1996 from injuries in a MVA accident. I have severe peripheral nueropathy which I take Gabapentin for and my PCP gives me Ultram for other pain, which is barely helping me. So my PCP referred me to this Pain Clinic. Since 1996 I have been totally disabled.

Can anyone tell me what to expect at this clinic under Dr. Moore's care?

They could not tell me at the clinic what the first visit was going to cost me, and only said that I would have to wait and see what Medicare covered.

I went last year by referral to Dr. Gutti in KY, and he ordered Epi shots to my back. That cost me $275.00 for the first visit and a 4.5 hour round trip drive for the shots and they only helped some in my back.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
hmm

Glade Spring, VA

#2 Apr 14, 2013
yes wrote:
I have an appointment to this clinic from my PCP.

My appt. is with Dr. Moore. I have mri and ct scans showing the following. I have hemangioma tumor on my spine, narrowing of the spinal canal, spurring on vertebrae, Cortical Atrophy,DDD, and broke I my neck and had surgery on my right leg in 1996 from injuries in a MVA accident. I have severe peripheral nueropathy which I take Gabapentin for and my PCP gives me Ultram for other pain, which is barely helping me. So my PCP referred me to this Pain Clinic. Since 1996 I have been totally disabled.

Can anyone tell me what to expect at this clinic under Dr. Moore's care?

They could not tell me at the clinic what the first visit was going to cost me, and only said that I would have to wait and see what Medicare covered.

I went last year by referral to Dr. Gutti in KY, and he ordered Epi shots to my back. That cost me $275.00 for the first visit and a 4.5 hour round trip drive for the shots and they only helped some in my back.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Go somewhere else
Twilight

Bristol, VA

#3 Apr 14, 2013
yes wrote:
I have an appointment to this clinic from my PCP.
My appt. is with Dr. Moore. I have mri and ct scans showing the following. I have hemangioma tumor on my spine, narrowing of the spinal canal, spurring on vertebrae, Cortical Atrophy,DDD, and broke I my neck and had surgery on my right leg in 1996 from injuries in a MVA accident. I have severe peripheral nueropathy which I take Gabapentin for and my PCP gives me Ultram for other pain, which is barely helping me. So my PCP referred me to this Pain Clinic. Since 1996 I have been totally disabled.
Can anyone tell me what to expect at this clinic under Dr. Moore's care?
They could not tell me at the clinic what the first visit was going to cost me, and only said that I would have to wait and see what Medicare covered.
I went last year by referral to Dr. Gutti in KY, and he ordered Epi shots to my back. That cost me $275.00 for the first visit and a 4.5 hour round trip drive for the shots and they only helped some in my back.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
I go to this pain center and they have really helped me. I see Dr. Aguirre. Just make sure if they put you on pain meds that you are very careful and take them exactly like prescribed. If you are short even one pill, you will be kicked out.
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#4 Apr 15, 2013
My pcp made my appointment with Dr. Moore, so I can't get an appointment w/ Dr. Aguire.
Have you or anyone you know seen Dr. Moore?
help

Johnson City, TN

#5 Apr 15, 2013
Jeb71 wrote:
My pcp made my appointment with Dr. Moore, so I can't get an appointment w/ Dr. Aguire.
Have you or anyone you know seen Dr. Moore?
You will only see dr Aguirre once every 6 months
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#6 Apr 15, 2013
So what you mean is I have an appointment next month with Dr. Moore, but I would see Dr. Aguirre every six months?
What did it cost for the first/initial visit?
What do they do on the first visit?
I have medicare.
help

Niota, TN

#7 Apr 15, 2013
Jeb71 wrote:
So what you mean is I have an appointment next month with Dr. Moore, but I would see Dr. Aguirre every six months?
What did it cost for the first/initial visit?
What do they do on the first visit?
I have medicare.
Yes. Medicare what is your usually specialist copay? That is what u pay
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#8 Apr 15, 2013
help wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Medicare what is your usually specialist copay? That is what u pay
Well, thanks for telling me that Medicare has a specialist copay.

The copay is calculated by what the doctor does, in addition to the office visit, so it can vary greatly.

That is why I asked in the first place, what do they usually do when seeing this practice the first time, without knowing that, I have no way of knowing what the 20% copay would be. I cannot predict what they will do, but people who have been there could tell me what they did when they "first" went there so I could make a rough estimate of what I would owe the second visit.

Like order new MRI's, C-Scans, X-Rays, Blood work, physical therapy, initial evaluation cost there (varies widely among specialist), etc..
pain

United States

#9 May 16, 2013
a lot of money to have to pay.
Dr Who

United States

#10 May 16, 2013
My pcp referred me to Dr. Aguirre specifically but when I got my appt. it was another Dr. who does not specialize in my type of pain. How can you change Dr. without causing trouble or getting kicked out? I like this Dr. but he just stares at his computer and then blows me off sometimes. I don't think he is really listening to me.
hhii

Glade Spring, VA

#11 May 17, 2013
Fail a drug test your done take more pills your done not do what he asked your done simple

“Can Travel. Need Dr.”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12 Sep 28, 2013
is this place still open>? need more details. need to remain on methadone.
LPN Pain Manager

Abingdon, VA

#13 Oct 8, 2013
gregorysmith wrote:
is this place still open>? need more details. need to remain on methadone.
No you want to remain on methadone. Methadone use should be tapered off with a result of no use. Jumping from Doctor to Doctor to remain on methadone is just supporting another drug habit.
Mark

Duffield, VA

#14 Oct 8, 2013
Not near a harmful as drinking to escape your problems. For some folks the problems of life are still there when youve tapered off the meds. Thats just silly. The stress of this crap world were living in have created many of our drug related issues today.
spmc

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2013
there is no dr moore at spmc which is now wellmont pain management. Is there another spmc?
pain dr

United States

#16 Dec 30, 2013
is there a dr harland simpson in bristol who does pain management? who runs that other pain clinic on 11w other than wellmont pain manag. or southeast pain is there old name I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bristol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walmart rednecks (Aug '13) 23 hr Mee 20
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Tue gwsbadass 1,360
Macados (Jul '12) Tue nunya 14
snitches in Bristol (Jan '11) Mon Trp 45
2014 Bearcat football Mon Football fan 45
Olivia Caridi - WCYB Sep 28 Tom 10
YouTube Outage Sep 27 Well 4

Bristol Jobs

Bristol People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bristol News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bristol

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]