Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Judged:

The new Mix teen club is opening in Johnson City on Oct. 3. Located at 410 E. State of Franklin (mapquest). Opening night will be for ages 13-17. Bring school ID/DL/Permit. Nothing like it within a 4 hr. drive. There will be promoters at the Bristol Mall tomorrow and out and about the area so be on the look out. Bring the flyer and get a drink on the house. Cost is only $10 and will be from 8-Midnight. Hope to see you there.
Big Mama

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

What is a "Mix" teen club?

Mix of what...?
ISO

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Judged:

Big Mama wrote:
What is a "Mix" teen club?
Mix of what...?
MIX is just the name of the club. Please don't think of it in a negative way. Thanks for asking.
Blondie101

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

When will it be open? I'm 15 going on 16 and looking for a place to come on my 16th birthday with my friends to have fun.
anonmous

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

what goes down there and maybe you should take the hrs down to 7 to 10
anon

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

Big surprise, someone already crying about the hours of operation....

Good luck to your business, teens need something exciting to do in a controlled environment around this dull town..

Kids are going to stay up late anyway..
Bobbie

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

yeah as nice as it would be to have something for the kids to do i don't think midnight is a good time. but if people actually parent their own kids they can set the hours for their own kids.
but most likely with some of the ignorant parents around here there will be 13 year olds out til midnight
anon

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

And if It's not a school night, or It's on the weekend you think there is a problem with staying out late in a controlled environment?

Tighten the screws some more. Why don't ya? I think we've found our problem with kids these days right here... But by all means, get all conservative on me next.
bobbie

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

anon wrote:
And if It's not a school night, or It's on the weekend you think there is a problem with staying out late in a controlled environment?
Tighten the screws some more. Why don't ya? I think we've found our problem with kids these days right here... But by all means, get all conservative on me next.
13 year olds do not need to be out with 17 year olds at midnight. and exactly WHO is controlling the environment? when it comes to MY under age children I control the environment.
one of the problems with "kids these days" is their parents dont PARENT. they let the school do it or the club owner or whoever they dump their kids off on. hell some of them are only 15 or 16 years older than their kids so what the hell do they know anyway?

i'll keep my screws as tight as they need to be depending on the child. i think we're doing ok. we have 2 out of college and doing very well. one in her senior year of high school. we have had none get pregnant. get anybody pregnant. no going to jail. no cussing. no violence. no drinking before they were legal and no drug use. so ummmm yeah.....i'll keep my screws just as tight as they need to be to raise decent productive human beings
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

So, you're saying that the midnight hour goes hand in hand with drug use, pregnancy, sex, stds, bad grades, or any law breaking activities?

I'm pretty sure all of these things can be accomplished in broad daylight... Or at 8 pm if that helps you understand any clearer.

Congratulations on being able to raise 2 kids to be productive members of society even with their likely sheltered childhoods. Then again, maybe they weren't as sheltered as you would like the young ones to be nowadays, because the 80s was a completely different ball game.

I hope it works out for you, because the ones brought up with the strongest moral values forced upon them and the more sheltered they are...well, when they rebel, It's typically all out. Then you have a real problem on your hands
bobbie

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

anon wrote:
So, you're saying that the midnight hour goes hand in hand with drug use, pregnancy, sex, stds, bad grades, or any law breaking activities?
I'm pretty sure all of these things can be accomplished in broad daylight... Or at 8 pm if that helps you understand any clearer.
Congratulations on being able to raise 2 kids to be productive members of society even with their likely sheltered childhoods. Then again, maybe they weren't as sheltered as you would like the young ones to be nowadays, because the 80s was a completely different ball game.
I hope it works out for you, because the ones brought up with the strongest moral values forced upon them and the more sheltered they are...well, when they rebel, It's typically all out. Then you have a real problem on your hands
LOL! no i'm not saying that the midnight hour goes hand in hand with sex and drugs. i am saying a 13 year old is not mature enough to be out at midnight with 17 year olds.
i guess you can say my kids were sheltered. i knew where they were and who they were with. we kept them busy with sports and school activities and i personally think that when they are busy they don't have time to play with sex and drugs. and yes one of them tried to rebel. we spoke to him like a human being and told him what we expected from him and what he could expect from us. our kids were probably spoiled but not rotten. they were not brats. they were taught how to act in public. they were taught yse sir and no sir (and mam) and please and thank you. were they angels? hell no. they are people and like all people they make mistakes. but i think if my 13 year old was hanging out in the middle of the night with 16-17 year olds the mistakes would have been bigger and there would have been a lot more.
so judge me however you want. they are my kids so its really my business how i raise them. and i figure if i don't have to go to jail on visitation day to see my kids and if i don't have to raise my own grandchildren i must be doing something right.
uncle waffen

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

Can we drink cocaine and snort beer at your establishment?
Bobbie

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

uncle waffen wrote:
Can we drink cocaine and snort beer at your establishment?
probably. i heard there was male beating the crap out of a female in the parking lot fri or sat night. then some guys started beating up the male for beating the female. the police we not called and no "adults" stepped in to help. so i'm guessing IF THIS IS THE SAME PLACE you can do whatever.

but i must confess i don't know if this is the same club.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bristol Discussions

Search the Bristol Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 hr ahop71 124,441
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr land owner 8,501
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr In medicine 8,471
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 9 hr NTMD8OR 58,288
visiting 15 hr OMG 3
PRIVATE RESIDENCE RESTORED 924 Maryland Avenue (Oct '08) 17 hr travis 10
Cops watching 420? (Sep '13) 20 hr Getting his payday 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bristol Jobs

•••
•••
•••