United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Go, just go. It is nice to finally have a book store back in Bristol. Nice layout, very comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. Nice staff, good selection of books, she can have your special orders within 24 hours. Awesome to have a book seller back in Bristol. So I'll say it again.
Go!! Just GO!!!!!
Brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

Judged:

Please, please, please, everyone ...*support* our new local bookstore!! I recall picking my jaw up off the parking lot asphalt when I saw the bookstore moved into this retail space! A wonderful and *much-needed* addition to Bristol. Let's all support locally-owned business, everyone ... my very best to The Noble Scholar.
bristolboy1982

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Judged:

I went there on Wednesday the 29th. The people working there were very rude. I wasn't even acknowledged when I walked in. They only asked if they could help me find anything when I was getting ready to leave. Never again. I will continue to buy my books at Borders at the Meriden Square Mall.
JEL67

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Judged:

BristolBoy, I've never gone into a Borders and been welcomed or acknowledged whatsover. At least the folks in Nobel asked you if you needed help. I've wandered in Borders for quite awhile and no one ever has asked if I needed help. Not sure where your definition of "rude" comes from.
bristolboy1982 wrote:
I went there on Wednesday the 29th. The people working there were very rude. I wasn't even acknowledged when I walked in. They only asked if they could help me find anything when I was getting ready to leave. Never again. I will continue to buy my books at Borders at the Meriden Square Mall.
Adam

Farmington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

I was just in the store, and the staff greeted me, and were very helpful.

There hasn't been a bookstore in Bristol since I've lived here, I couldn't believe it when I saw their sign on Rt. 6 (they really need a bigger "real" sign). It's a great little store. I bought a paperback and a few giftcards for Christmas, then special ordered another book.

I hope they get all the support they need.
Bryon Bristol CT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

It's a GREAT little store! Home town type atmosphere unlike the sterile Borders of the world. Friendly staff and Wi-Fi offered for free too! Thank you for opening in Bristol. I'm sure many people are as happy with your decision as I am.
BristolLocal

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Only have gone there twice, first time a very nice woman was on the floor stocking books and what not, she greeted me when i arrived and asked several times if she could help..... second time i walked in and 3 or 4 people were hiding behind the desk reading, not one greeted me or my friends, after 10 minutes on my way out one finally asked if i needed anything, won;t go back..
ELLIE

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Sorry to say that I was not impressed with my visit to your bookstore over the weekend.
I was completely ignored.
No other patrons were in the store.
No "Good afternoon and how are you today?"
"If you need any help, just let me know"
Both workers were behind the counter.
One reading with her legs up and the other in front of the computer.
When I inquired regarding a book they both were uninteresed and appeard bothered.
It is a darling store and one that is very needed in the city.
With the unemployment at an all time high, I am sure one could find many who were willing to provide a more welcoming atmosphere.
JLM

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

This book store is great! It's awesome to have a bookstore in Bristol. The service was great. I was greeted immediately, and wasn't pestered by the staff trying to sell me stuff. I had a relaxing experience, and walked out with some great buys. The Noble Scholar has a wide selection for a small store.
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

It is so nice to once again have a good bookstore
in Bristol. The staff was informative without being pushy. The general atmosphere was relaxing & comfortable. I'll be going back.
Carmela

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Disappointing -- so nice to see a local bookstore go in, and so sad to see that the staff and owner are completely disinterested in their customers.
ECorey

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

For a new business, trying to get settled in while making ends meet, stellar employees are not realistic. What is important is the quality and variety of the product provided, and the prices of those products. You are no longer having to drive out of your way to access new stock. If your every desire was not catered to... well, hate to be rude, but get over it. WHERE do you go that every whim you have is taken care of for you? Barnes and Nobles? Hah, not likely.

Give the store some time to get established, and get a little revenue, so that they can make the upgrades that they need to be a first rate establishment. Turning up your snotty little noses at people trying to get started is how big business ate the little guy to begin with.
Reader

Guilford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

I still have yet to visit! They moved to the S&S plaza over in Forestville, correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 18 at 7:59PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bristol Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bristol People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE