More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 298)

Showing posts 5,941 - 5,960 of9,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Raydot

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

We are being invaded by green hoppers. Now what the fck. I mean come on. First it's the squirrels, then it's the birds, and the frost. And now the invasion of green hoppers. I've about had it. What is happening to this country? Why can't I grow a G D fruit orchard without some G D...(excuse my french) fricking problem. Everything starts out fine, blossoms galore and then G D here comes something. What the BLEEP!! Sure it was summer time this winter, but the orchard somehow adjusted, and the fruit, unbelievable. I had to perch branches up to keep the not yet ripe fruit from breaking branches and then out of know where G D motha BLEEP!! green BLEEP hoppers everywhere. They ate every BLEEP!! G D BLEEP!! leaf off the trees. BLEEP!! This is just BLEEP!!! I mean what the BLEEP!! am I gonna do now? The only BLEEP!! thing they didn't eat were the marijuana plants, What the BLEEP!!
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Raydot wrote:
We are being invaded by green hoppers. Now what the fck. I mean come on. First it's the squirrels, then it's the birds, and the frost. And now the invasion of green hoppers. I've about had it. What is happening to this country? Why can't I grow a G D fruit orchard without some G D...(excuse my french) fricking problem. Everything starts out fine, blossoms galore and then G D here comes something. What the BLEEP!! Sure it was summer time this winter, but the orchard somehow adjusted, and the fruit, unbelievable. I had to perch branches up to keep the not yet ripe fruit from breaking branches and then out of know where G D motha BLEEP!! green BLEEP hoppers everywhere. They ate every BLEEP!! G D BLEEP!! leaf off the trees. BLEEP!! This is just BLEEP!!! I mean what the BLEEP!! am I gonna do now? The only BLEEP!! thing they didn't eat were the marijuana plants, What the BLEEP!!
My only guess is that there is just something about you that pisses Mother Nature off.
Zap

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

LOL, Hey Army, I think it's his
BLEEPING attitude
Zap

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

7 users right now, lowest I've ever seen. You guys in summer school?
Zap

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Here is your chance, mother nature is really hot.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

I think sending a virus to Iran's computer system is a good thing, but altering Jan Brewer's video to make her look even uglier, is dirty pool.

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Old Army wrote:
I think sending a virus to Iran's computer system is a good thing, but altering Jan Brewer's video to make her look even uglier, is dirty pool.
And the liberal news media alters George Zimmerman's picture to make him look white and alters the 911 call to make him sound racist. Just to try and make it look like a white on black crime. That's about as chicken siht as it gets. I hope these people at the news get sued big time.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Oh and I thought is was that strong wind that blew my satellite dish out of kilter. Turning the receiver off and on did the trick. Then again, it may have been the black birds. (Anyone heard from Raptor, surely she's thawed out by now.)
Churmudgeon

Oxford, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

How is everyones gardens doing? Mine is pretty good. Ive been out picking those big worms off the tomato plants. The ducks like those worms. Its been very hot 96 today. I freeze plastic jugs of water and put them in the dog house to keep the dogs cool. It works really well for rabbits also. we now have two baby deer that we are bottle feeding. Both are bucks. Eny road this thread is almost to 6000 post.
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Churmudgeon wrote:
Eny road this thread is almost to 6000 post.
6356 or so maybe? Almost(:
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

It sure looks dry outside, we need rain. Temp got up to 75 degrees today, in my man cave.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Ive just came back inside. Ive been outside since daybreak cutting up scrap iron. It already got too hot 85 degrees. I went by the garden and picked off 3 more tomato worms. They are a larva for a moth. My pasture is dry no dew on the ground this morning. We have 14 head grazing on 120 acres and they have the grass ate down pretty good. lots of those white egrets have came and ate the grasshoppers. Used to be We had a big flock of over 100 wild turkeys that would eat the grasshoppers. However many folks spread chicken litter on their pastures. Turkeys are very sucepetiable to pullorium diseases . The chicken house diseases killed all the young newly hatched turkey,s .Now the older dirds have died off and we only see a half dozen or so.

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

We need rain to get this burn ban off. Or it's going to be a boring 4th of July without fireworks.
Zap

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Old Army wrote:
I just wonder how many re-furbished nukes Russia is trying to return to Iran.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Amanda two wrote:
We need rain to get this burn ban off. Or it's going to be a boring 4th of July without fireworks.
Yep If there is a burn ban and no fireworks they will hafta blame this years bird kill on sumthin else.
Paul

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Don't have time to read all the other comments. In 2010, there were 2,000 birds that fell AND thousands of fish that went belly up. This was due to Phosgene gas confiscated from Iraq and dumped from planes coming out of PB Arsenal. John Wheeler was murdered two days later for attempting to expose this. In 2011, they killed some birds with fireworks to throw people with short attention spans and memories off the trail.
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Paul wrote:
Don't have time to read all the other comments. In 2010, there were 2,000 birds that fell AND thousands of fish that went belly up. This was due to Phosgene gas confiscated from Iraq and dumped from planes coming out of PB Arsenal. John Wheeler was murdered two days later for attempting to expose this. In 2011, they killed some birds with fireworks to throw people with short attention spans and memories off the trail.
Okay, lets confiscate "Phosgene" gas from Iraq, transport it to Pine Bluff Arsenal, Arkansas. load it onto planes (how many planes?), take a little detour to Beebe, Arkansas (to refuel at Litle Rock AFB) to see if we can kill about 2,000 blackbirds and starlings, then dump the shit in the Arkansas River and kill thousands (okay, hundreds) of drum fish. The beauty of this poison is that it will only kill one human, John Wheeler. To complete the plan, we have to wait a year and hire some punks in Beebe to kill just a few more black birds with fireworks and fool KATV, Channel 7 to build the story up for a month then KTHV and KARK, trying to get viewers, will chime right in. There is a danger that we will be exposed by "Paul", but if he hasn't convinced everyone that he knows who shot John F. Kennedy and J.R. Ewing after all this time, we should be safe.
Zap

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Yep, what you said.
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Amanda two wrote:
You and Churmudgeon will be happy to know that Beebe and five other White County, Arkansas cities will have fireworks displays on Independence Day despite the burn ban. However, no blackbirds will be killed legally because the season only runs from Midnight December 28th to Midnight January 3rd. Crow season is year-round, so conspiracy buffs can eat their fill.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Churmudgeon will be happy to know that Beebe and five other White County, Arkansas cities will have fireworks displays on Independence Day despite the burn ban. However, no blackbirds will be killed legally because the season only runs from Midnight December 28th to Midnight January 3rd. Crow season is year-round, so conspiracy buffs can eat their fill.
Thats good new,s. Our two bottle deer are healthy & growing. I bought a gaggle of geese yesterday. I wanted then because they make a racket when someting is sneaking around. remember its illegal to hunt crows on sunday & monday. I like to hunt then from a deer blind placed upwind from dead rotting carrion. its almost as much entertainment as a sittin on the porch with a 12 pack and watching the bug zapper.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,941 - 5,960 of9,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Brinkley Forum right now

Search the Brinkley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 24 min Reality Check 27,874
m barnes 1 hr Sodone 4
Possible New Mayor 2 hr Tenant 33
Brinkley Chicks 9 hr umm 7
Who do you support for U.S. House in Arkansas (... (Oct '10) Mon Citizen 466
Court says utility must disclose ratepayer's info Apr 13 Larry Bob 2
sheriff race Apr 13 Larry Bob 18
•••
•••