Lawsuit trial is a year away

Published on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 RAVENNA: A trial date of May 27, 2009, was set in the $150 million wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of slain Kent State University student Sarah Positano. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

#1 May 20, 2008
Hmmm, I had no idea the Positano's family were experts on swat team operations and hostage situations.

They should be applaudin' the efforts of the police, instead of condemnin' them.
The truth

Akron, OH

#2 May 20, 2008
So the star witness is going to be James Trimble himself. The Chief has denied sending a SWAT officer into the house. James Trimble murdered this families daughter and they are hoping that they can win this lawsuit based on his testimony. Holy smokes, this is just odd.
Jaime

Canton, OH

#3 May 20, 2008
I do feel for the family, but having a family member murdered does not ENTITLE you to 150 million dollars! I seriously hope this case is dismissed and this family learns to deal with their loss in a healthy way!
Chris_B

Shippingport, PA

#4 May 20, 2008
I feel bad for the SWAT team, those guys have split seconds to make decisions. If they thought for a millisecond they were going to lose that girl, then of course they are going to bust in.

And Betamax, you can't fault the family for this lawsuit. Nobody deserves to lose a son/daughter in that manner. The people that are responsible for this is the State of Ohio and their probation system. This guy should still have been in prison, but he wasn't. And of course I am sure they were bullied and threatened retribution by the State if they continued to include them as defendants. It's a GD joke, Trimble and the State are the two at fault here.

And I hope that hostage negotiator can eventually find some kind of peace of mind after he/she was under the impression a deal had been reached.
Puleeez

Canton, OH

#5 May 20, 2008
My dead daughter is now my cash cow!
The Reaper

Akron, OH

#6 May 20, 2008
There is a lesson in this for all of us. We are worth more dead than alive.
Emma

Cleveland, OH

#7 May 20, 2008
It is not the Swat's fault this man decides to kill this woman and others. He was off his meds, and his mother knew this. I also feel bad for the family, but no amount of money received will bring their love one back.
concerned citizen

United States

#8 May 20, 2008
Betamax wrote:
Hmmm, I had no idea the Positano's family were experts on swat team operations and hostage situations.
They should be applaudin' the efforts of the police, instead of condemnin' them.
why should they applaud the swat team that was outside and heard the shot and her scream and waited 7 1/2 hour to come in?
Brubaker

Kent, OH

#9 May 20, 2008
Concerned...your facts are way off. The SWAT team did not hear her screams. They heard one shot, after Trimble agreed to a two hour time limit. Trimble then began shooting at the Police outside. How were they supposed to know if she was dead or alive? He ws holding the gun, he pulled the trigger-end of story.
concerned citizen

United States

#10 May 20, 2008
the firing of a shot from inside a hostage situation changes the game. so you are saying the correct response was to do nothing for 7 1/2 hours? the firing of a shot didnt suggest she was in danger?

anyway, I am not going to debate the case. the family has a right to sue and a jury will decide after hearing evidence
Exasperated

United States

#11 May 20, 2008
No amount of money is going to compensate anyone for the loss of their child. So, the goal is probably not the money. It's more likely that the grieving family really wants two things: for the legal system to declare to the world how wronged the family has been; and for someone to be forced to learn a lesson. It's unfortunate that we sometimes have to dole out justice in dollars and cents, but it still beats the living daylights out of the even less civilized alternatives.
Ahau Kin

United States

#13 May 20, 2008
"There is a lesson in this for all of us. We are worth more dead than alive."

Forsooth. But only if you retain a really good lawyer.

I particularly like the 'dead daughter cash cow' comment. I think that hits it on the head. Naturally nothing can bring her back. But that much cash would be pretty satisfying, don't you think?

Since: Mar 07

Wadsworth, OH

#14 May 20, 2008
Concerned Citizen (of Indianapolis), he fired close to one hundred shots while he had a hostage. Which ONE killed Sara?
I guess if you didn't live in Indiana, and read our local papers, you would have a better idea of what happened, and could make an intelligent comment.
January 22, 2004, read up.
Brubaker

Kent, OH

#15 May 20, 2008
January 21/22, 2005 is the correct date...and silence dogood is right. There were over 100 shots fired. The cops didn't know if she was alive or not. Ed Meyer has always slanted every article towards the police acting wrong. He knows the police won't comment on pending cases, so he takes one side of the story, spins it and somehow gets it past the editors. Trimble was holding the gun and pulled the trigger...on all three victims.
concerned citizen

United States

#16 May 20, 2008
Silence Dogood wrote:
Concerned Citizen (of Indianapolis), he fired close to one hundred shots while he had a hostage. Which ONE killed Sara?
I guess if you didn't live in Indiana, and read our local papers, you would have a better idea of what happened, and could make an intelligent comment.
January 22, 2004, read up.
so let me understand this - the guy was in the house with a hostage blazing away and the swat team thought "oh she is in no danger - we will just sit til dawn" give me a break - the recording of her screams is from the phone and one of the officers heard it first hand. they chose not to use their toys and invade - ok, that was their choice and the family disagrees aqnd has filed suit - their right to do so. a jury will decide this
Animal lover

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#17 May 20, 2008
I get the impression, that some of the comments made here are from the cops that were there that nite???
concerned citizen

United States

#18 May 20, 2008
Animal lover wrote:
I get the impression, that some of the comments made here are from the cops that were there that nite???
they want to create that impression, don't they?
Animal lover

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#19 May 20, 2008
how do you really feel about this case??? Concerned citizen
concerned citizen

United States

#20 May 20, 2008
Animal lover wrote:
how do you really feel about this case??? Concerned citizen
I feel horrible the way I did when I first read about it the way this innocent girl died at home in pain and fear.........
I feel the police faced a horrible situation that taxed all their skill and courage.......
I feel that the parents must have almost passed out when they got the news..........
I fell they have a right to file a suit......
I feel that, amidst the drugs and alchocol, Trimble became a monster.......
Tired of the BS

Dayton, OH

#21 May 20, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
the firing of a shot from inside a hostage situation changes the game. so you are saying the correct response was to do nothing for 7 1/2 hours? the firing of a shot didnt suggest she was in danger?
anyway, I am not going to debate the case. the family has a right to sue and a jury will decide after hearing evidence
In case anybody else besides this idiot doesn't know, Trimble was firing shots all night long. There wasn't just one shot that was heard. He was firing continously throughout the ordeal. At least read what little facts have been put out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brimfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten indicted in Akron dog-fighting case Thu Duke For Mayor 3
I can tell you're Democrat Dec 17 Undercover Brother 6
ANOTHER boosh for prez…. Dec 16 Undercover Brother 1
Senate Report on CIA Dec 16 Undercover Brother 4
Review: Rubber City Pizza Dec 14 unhappy customer 1
Tallmadge police arrest Akron man in theft of p... Dec 14 Lucas Mccain 1
Debate: Marijuana - Brimfield, OH Aug '14 Cassandra 2
Brimfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web