Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform

Full story: TIME.com 18,911
Missouri voters go to the polls Tuesday for the first-in-the-nation referendum on President Obama's health care plan. Full Story
oh ya

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19650 Oct 22, 2012
very true

Saint Louis, MO

#19651 Oct 23, 2012
OK folks aint nothin free.
Weknowbetter

San Jose, CA

#19652 Oct 23, 2012
How can such a reputable company (FHTM) which is supposedly built on religious principles of honesty and ethics tolerate having their leaders with such horrid backgrounds?

"Todd Rowland's mistress is married to a convicted child molester and sexual predator. Thats right - the infamous Woodson Gardner's husband Clay is a felon".

Wappapello, MO

#19653 Oct 23, 2012
The healthcare system needs reform. No I am not "irresponsible" because I have no healthcare, I am one of those people who fall between the cracks. Too poor to afford my own and too (LOL)rich for welfare.The jobs that have health care packages are not close to home so it cost more to get to work than I would make. In today's economy Gasoline is on the top of my budget,then housing,electricity ,etc. Anyone have any other bright Ideas?????
Norton

Leavenworth, KS

#19654 Oct 23, 2012
NewBIE wrote:
The healthcare system needs reform. No I am not "irresponsible" because I have no healthcare, I am one of those people who fall between the cracks. Too poor to afford my own and too (LOL)rich for welfare.The jobs that have health care packages are not close to home so it cost more to get to work than I would make. In today's economy Gasoline is on the top of my budget,then housing,electricity ,etc. Anyone have any other bright Ideas?????
I understand you are in a difficult position, however, I don't think Obamacare is the answer. What people don't realize is that this thing is not just about healthcare. There is much more involved that would have devastating affects on all of the middle income people. Whatever middle income is anymore! What used to cost $100 in groceries, now costs $175-200 in the last 4 years! I don't see anything getting better unless we have a presidential change and hopefully that will help.........but not an instant fix I am sure.

If the government controls healthcare, they control our lives. It would just be the beginning of telling us what we can and cannot do. Rather scary!

CHEERS!

gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19655 Oct 23, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you are in a difficult position, however, I don't think Obamacare is the answer. What people don't realize is that this thing is not just about healthcare. There is much more involved that would have devastating affects on all of the middle income people. Whatever middle income is anymore! What used to cost $100 in groceries, now costs $175-200 in the last 4 years! I don't see anything getting better unless we have a presidential change and hopefully that will help.........but not an instant fix I am sure.

If the government controls healthcare, they control our lives. It would just be the beginning of telling us what we can and cannot do. Rather scary!

CHEERS!
Inflation under Obama has been less than Bush, or Clinton.

Where do you people get these funky numbers?

Let me guess, personal experience?

You shop all over the nation throughout the year and compare prices of every retail item month over month and year over year. Wouldn't it be great if there was already a group of people out there that did that?

Even Romney just sticks to gasoline, because to say that inflation in general is higher than previous years would just be an outright lie! And Romney would never want to lie or mislead the public about Obama's record.

If Romney gets elected, will fox call him a failed president if things don't improve within 6 weeks? Or is that just reserved spin for presidents that don't cater to Australian news mogels?
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19656 Oct 23, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you are in a difficult position, however, I don't think Obamacare is the answer. What people don't realize is that this thing is not just about healthcare. There is much more involved that would have devastating affects on all of the middle income people. Whatever middle income is anymore! What used to cost $100 in groceries, now costs $175-200 in the last 4 years! I don't see anything getting better unless we have a presidential change and hopefully that will help.........but not an instant fix I am sure.

CHEERS!
Obamacare doesn't give control of healthcare to the government, just oversight. Your policy will still be through a private insurer, that insurer just has rules to follow to benefit the patient.

Like no lifetime maximum coverage, preexisting conditions will be covered, they can't drop your coverage or increase your rates like they have been able to in the past.

There will be no incentive for insurers to deny treatments to patients just so they can save a buck and pay out bigger bonuses to the executives. They will be held to 80-85 percent of all premiums paid going to patient care, if they make over that amount, it goes back to the people paying premiums, via cut check or lowered premiums for the next year.
Norton

Leavenworth, KS

#19657 Oct 24, 2012
[QUOTE who="gullible much? "]<quoted text>
You shop all over the nation throughout the year and compare prices of every retail item month over month and year over year. Wouldn't it be great if there was already a group of people out there that did that?
Even Romney just sticks to gasoline, because to say that inflation in general is higher than previous years would just be an outright lie! And Romney would never want to lie or mislead the public about Obama's record.
If Romney gets elected, will fox call him a failed president if things don't improve within 6 weeks? Or is that just reserved spin for presidents that don't cater to Australian news mogels?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, you have plenty of money and don't pay attention to prices or you don't shop much. Yes, I know from personal experience how much prices are going up.

How could anybody clean up this mess in 6 wks? I believe Obama is the professional liar here.
CHEERS!
gullible much?

United States

#19658 Oct 24, 2012
Norton wrote:
If Romney gets elected, will fox call him a failed president if things don't improve within 6 weeks? Or is that just reserved spin for presidents that don't cater to Australian news mogels? "

Apparently, you have plenty of money and don't pay attention to prices or you don't shop much. Yes, I know from personal experience how much prices are going up.

How could anybody clean up this mess in 6 wks? I believe Obama is the professional liar here.
CHEERS!
I have plenty of money, but more than that, I have plenty of time to do the research into inflation numbers, it took me 5 minutes to find the numbers and a couple hours to do a little math.

The CPI is what your espousing has increased more under Obama than previous administrations. It's just not a fact, even figuring in the price increase in gas, this administration still has less of an increase than most others.

Here, I'll help you with the first step with a nice link, but I've tried in the past to help NeoCons through the math, but basic addition and subtraction seem to be beyond most of them.

http://www.bls.gov/cpi/#tables

And Fox was complaining about Obama not making strides in the economy 6 weeks after inauguration.
Look it up, it's not my expectations, it's apparently the conservatives expectations. Romney will make strides quickly, just not in the right direction.
Hmm

Euless, TX

#19659 Oct 25, 2012
We all had better open our eyes to this because of it's supposed to be such a good thing then why will all government employees have a different health plan other than all us simple minded americans. Better nip it In the bud now while we can or we will really be in another world of hurt caused by our goverment that knows what's best for all human kind. By the way how many of you realize that when social security and Medicare is taken out of your paychecks that your employer has to match it. You pay $100 and your employer has to pay $100 (just an example). But that's alot of your own money that you could be investing and probably actually do a better job at it
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19660 Oct 25, 2012
Hmm wrote:
We all had better open our eyes to this because of it's supposed to be such a good thing then why will all government employees have a different health plan other than all us simple minded americans.
They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

As for privatizing social security? If everyone were great investors like you, then it would work perfectly. However, a majority of Americans would just spend the extra money every month, and then still depend on you, me, and government programs, to take care of them when they get to old to work.

Privatizing won't save anyone any money in the long run, forcing them to pay upfront is the only way to keep them from forcing us to pay more later.

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!

Hmm

Euless, TX

#19661 Oct 25, 2012
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

As for privatizing social security? If everyone were great investors like you, then it would work perfectly. However, a majority of Americans would just spend the extra money every month, and then still depend on you, me, and government programs, to take care of them when they get to old to work.

Privatizing won't save anyone any money in the long run, forcing them to pay upfront is the only way to keep them from forcing us to pay more later.

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name![/QUOTE]
Not gullible - have actual facts my nephew just found out today that at the beginning of the year his insurance for himself is going to cost him $6000.00 for his and only his Obamacare health insurance. You say get educated do you even know why health insurance was even started? I am not a Liberal, Conservative, democrat or a Republican - I AM AN AMERICAN !
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19662 Oct 25, 2012
Hmm wrote:
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!"

Not gullible - have actual facts my nephew just found out today that at the beginning of the year his insurance for himself is going to cost him $6000.00 for his and only his Obamacare health insurance. You say get educated do you even know why health insurance was even started? I am not a Liberal, Conservative, democrat or a Republican - I AM AN AMERICAN !
Why is he choosing to chang his plan? And what is Obamacare health insurance? Exchanges won't even be set up until 2014, and you can't sign up for much of anything until the fall of 2013. Sounds like his employer is ripping him off, the rates for my associates will be increasing .08 percent next year. As opposed to average year over year increases of 8-15 percent.

What he is experiencing has nothing to do with HR 3590.. Or he's just making crap up about it to rip on the administration.

I'm all for ripping on the administration for the things they have screwed up, never feel the need to make crap up as I go along.
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19663 Oct 25, 2012
Hmm wrote:

Get educated!

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!"

Oh, it was started as a way to increase hospital revenue in the early twentieth century.

Saint Louis, MO

#19664 Oct 27, 2012
no no no
Norton

Leavenworth, KS

#19665 Oct 27, 2012
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>
They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.
Get educated!
But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!
[/QUOTE]

If the government had taken care of social security and medicare funds, we wouldn't be in this mess. The President and Congress will not have the same insurance as everybody else. The people that have medicare now will not be affected. It's the younger ones, and because soc. sec and medicare are in trouble..........running out of funds..........there needs to be something done. We can't keep borrowing or printing money! You need to do some more research! Conservatives are the ones looking ahead. There is no magic bullet!

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19666 Oct 27, 2012
Norton wrote:
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>
Get educated!
"

If the government had taken care of social security and medicare funds, we wouldn't be in this mess. The President and Congress will not have the same insurance as everybody else. The people that have medicare now will not be affected. It's the younger ones, and because soc. sec and medicare are in trouble..........running out of funds..........there needs to be something done. We can't keep borrowing or printing money! You need to do some more research! Conservatives are the ones looking ahead. There is no magic bullet!

CHEERS!
Congress and the President will be buying insurance on the exchanges, the same as every other federal employee. If you're research is that far off on something as simple as that, then it rapidly deflates any air, in the other opinions you espouse.

As for "we can't keep borrowing and printing money"? Is your recommendation that this administration should have cut 7 trillion from government spending? Putting our unemployment at 15-20%?

They didn't grow the government like Bush did! They simply kept it the same size, a little less if you figure inflation.

Neither party looks to the future, but people like you, that feel a need to throw obvious lies out there to support your party of choice disgust me.
Norton

Leavenworth, KS

#19667 Oct 27, 2012
Congress and the President will be buying insurance on the exchanges, the same as every other federal employee. If you're research is that far off on something as simple as that, then it rapidly deflates any air, in the other opinions you espouse.
As for "we can't keep borrowing and printing money"? Is your recommendation that this administration should have cut 7 trillion from government spending? Putting our unemployment at 15-20%?
They didn't grow the government like Bush did! They simply kept it the same size, a little less if you figure inflation.
Neither party looks to the future, but people like you, that feel a need to throw obvious lies out there to support your party of choice disgust me.
[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree with you! However, you are right on one thing. Nobody seems to be looking to the future except.......Romney!

CHEERS!

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

#19668 Oct 27, 2012
Norton wrote:
"

I respectfully disagree with you! However, you are right on one thing. Nobody seems to be looking to the future except.......Romney!

CHEERS!

CHEERS!
I like how people now consider lying and opinion interchangeable.

And you can respectfully disagree with me, the numbers, and the facts, all you want, it doesn't make you anything other than a spreader of known lies and deceitful tactics, to try to argue for the unarguable positions of your party.

Romney can't see what his positions will be a day in the future, let alone having a plan for that future.

Please if your so did of his plan, what is it?

A tax break, that is paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code, is no tax break at all, he's effectively saying he'll give a 20% tax break across the board, but after he closes loopholes, nobody will pay less in taxes? What's the point? Just leave it like it is and save a bunch of everyone's time!

What are his other great plans?
Norton

Olathe, KS

#19669 Oct 29, 2012
I like how people now consider lying and opinion interchangeable.
And you can respectfully disagree with me, the numbers, and the facts, all you want, it doesn't make you anything other than a spreader of known lies and deceitful tactics, to try to argue for the unarguable positions of your party.
Romney can't see what his positions will be a day in the future, let alone having a plan for that future.
Please if your so did of his plan, what is it?
A tax break, that is paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code, is no tax break at all, he's effectively saying he'll give a 20% tax break across the board, but after he closes loopholes, nobody will pay less in taxes? What's the point? Just leave it like it is and save a bunch of everyone's time!
What are his other great plans?[/QUOTE]

Romney understands what it will take to fix this economy that is so messed up. Will it happen overnight.........NO! Obama has had 4 yrs. and keeps getting us deeper and deeper in debt and Obamacare is a biggy! You apparently don't understand that somebody has to pay for Obamacare. It's not free! It will be just like an added tax. I trust Romney more than Obama and his associates, that are scary to say the least.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I guess that is what democracy is all about. Much better than a dictatorship that might be in the works.

CHEERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown's stepfather investigated 10 min Union Jak 36
Driving While Black - And Poor 13 min payme 54
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 21 min Lawrence Wolf 336
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 24 min Police Crimes 1,546
Threat Fulfilled?: Farrakhan Said 'We'll Tear T... 1 hr Just a thought 6
Black People 1 hr Huh 14
White people are our natural enemies. 4 hr Isaiah 29-13 3,040
Bridgeton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web