First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“thats cool”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 4, 2010
I honestly don't know what those lying murders at Massey are gonna do next. There have been rumors, but idk what is true and what is not. My grandmother called them a while back, and a man told her they were not interested in the lower end at all. And now they have already gave offers to two people in the lower end. So, idk what to think anymore. It is sad to see what is happening in Marianna. All I know is, don't trust those two-faced liars at Massey for a second
hey

Pineville, WV

#2 Oct 4, 2010
cant see how they can buy two of the lower houses and not all of them then who knows lets guess who their are buying

“thats cool”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 5, 2010
By watching what the way they have been acting, they might try to by out every one eventually .
Clinton

Ashburn, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2010
I've lived and grown up in Turkey Creek my entire life.During that time I've had to drive either to Whitesville or Boone co., or even as far as Charleston in order to feed my family, and provide just like my Dad and many of the fine people that are retired in Marianna right now.Now, finally I have a job at Wyoming 2 and am getting to spend time with my family like I should. The law says due to all the recent mine accidents we must apply more rockdust in the mines than ever before. We are doing all we can to control it, but even when we aren't dusting at all some persons drive by and see the water mist coming out of the return shaft and slope canopy and assume that we have no concern for no one, when in reality it's water coming up in the air. I wish that we could let community come and see for themselves that what I'm saying is true. But, some people would still complain, you can't please everyone, but we try. I know all the people in Marianna and lower Turkey Creek and have nothing but the utmost respect for all of these people, they have worked hard all of there lives and just don't want see there rights and property being abused. I also remember when all the mines shut down around here and hearing all the old timers hoping there would be something for there boys to have to work at so they wouldn't have to move far from home. I invite anyone with a miners certificate to come the mine and apply we are always needing people, granted they can pass a drug test. Please try to work with us, because as a member of the community and member of Wyoming 2, if things don't improve with the community and us, they may sell out and then Lord knows what kind of coal company will be running it then. By the way Massey is going to put in 2 deep mines, 1 behind the church and 1 right behind where the old tipple used to set. They also are going to put in the largest prep plant that when it's complete, will be the largest Massey has. I hope the best to everyne and have a good nite, gotta go to work early in the morning.
wyo2

Christiansburg, VA

#5 Oct 10, 2010
when we get clinton underground he will be able to tell you more,as for now he we keep you up to date with whats going on outside.we have been think about letting him run for gov.of marianna.he like giving orders but if he doesn't get the gov. job we let stay here.we have to get him his own phone line....
really

Welch, WV

#6 Oct 10, 2010
wyo2 wrote:
when we get clinton underground he will be able to tell you more,as for now he we keep you up to date with whats going on outside.we have been think about letting him run for gov.of marianna.he like giving orders but if he doesn't get the gov. job we let stay here.we have to get him his own phone line....
Learn to spell and make since of your statement b4 you trash talk somebody!! As for Clinton he is a good person and he does give a crap about other people. He was just stating his opinion on the subject just like everyone else on here.::::::)))
wyo2

Christiansburg, VA

#7 Oct 10, 2010
i was just stating a fact.
Chuck

Welch, WV

#8 Oct 14, 2010
I am from Mill Creek and I, too, work at Wyoming 2. Brooks Run is an outstanding mining company that consistently tries to do the right thing for both its miners and the surrounding community, and I am grateful to work here because I no longer have to drive for hours every day to have a good paying job and benefits for my three children. People who are complaining about excessive rock dust coming from our mine are mistaken and are confusing the water mist coming from the return shaft with dust. I have worked in several mines and I have never seen another company put so much effort into controlling dust. Brooks Run works hard to maintain a high standard and is the kind of company we need in our community.
home girl

AOL

#9 Oct 16, 2010
Chuck wrote:
I am from Mill Creek and I, too, work at Wyoming 2. Brooks Run is an outstanding mining company that consistently tries to do the right thing for both its miners and the surrounding community, and I am grateful to work here because I no longer have to drive for hours every day to have a good paying job and benefits for my three children. People who are complaining about excessive rock dust coming from our mine are mistaken and are confusing the water mist coming from the return shaft with dust. I have worked in several mines and I have never seen another company put so much effort into controlling dust. Brooks Run works hard to maintain a high standard and is the kind of company we need in our community.
Boy is that whats on my car,Wish it would run off.Water spray doesn't go 300 feet from the mines does it,I have a lot to learn.
mick

Christiansburg, VA

#10 Oct 16, 2010
you do have alot to learn.
snowboss

Ashburn, VA

#11 Oct 16, 2010
home girl wrote:
<quoted text>Boy is that whats on my car,Wish it would run off.Water spray doesn't go 300 feet from the mines does it,I have a lot to learn.
Obviously, you've never worked in or around the coalmines.If you did you would know if you have air blowing on a mist of water it will go up in the air, and if the wind blows it's just like a cloud, it will go wherever it takes it.
home girl

AOL

#12 Oct 17, 2010
snowboss wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, you've never worked in or around the coalmines.If you did you would know if you have air blowing on a mist of water it will go up in the air, and if the wind blows it's just like a cloud, it will go wherever it takes it.
Yea its black and white, When it falls on us.
Tripple Nickel

Ashburn, VA

#13 Oct 19, 2010
home girl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea its black and white, When it falls on us.
Well, I guess. You know it's all they can do to try to comply with the new laws. Ya'll complain about the dust getting on everything, but if the mines catches on fire and kills some of those boys ya'll be in line to call'em "murdering basterds"! Sounds like to me, you just want to whine.
U got it

Welch, WV

#14 Oct 19, 2010
Tripple Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess. You know it's all they can do to try to comply with the new laws. Ya'll complain about the dust getting on everything, but if the mines catches on fire and kills some of those boys ya'll be in line to call'em "murdering basterds"! Sounds like to me, you just want to whine.
You got that RIGHT !!! All they want is a free ride. Money for nothing .
poff

AOL

#15 Oct 19, 2010
Money for what where your mines but dust and coal on us, you guys knew this when the mines went in over there.Nobody got any money.They are saying same old thing.We'll take care of it, it will get better.Still waiting on getting better.If they are giving away money send me some i need a power washer.

“thats cool”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16 Oct 19, 2010
The reason I don't like massey is bc they destroyed something I love
Mike

Welch, WV

#17 Oct 19, 2010
Wow, you people never fail to amaze me. Why on earth would any of you think you should be paid money because you've suffered the awful damage of driving over the hundred yards of dirty public highway in front of Wyoming 2? No one in the Brenton area who still bothers to work outside the Oxy trade, and that's all 12 or so of them, should be asked to do the impossible and somehow make materials mined from the earth clean enough for you just so your car doesn't get dirty. Regardless of what they are or aren't doing or even if they work or don't, if you're bringing your car outside a garage and driving it on an actual real world road, it's going to get dirty. If having dust on your car represents a problem to you, you don't know how lucky you are so do a reality check and suck it up. If you can't, keep whining and hope the coal industry comes to a grinding halt. Maybe you'll be happier if your electricity stops working. If it does, you won't need a clean car because gas pumps don't run on batteries.

If you're upset about your dirty car, it's simple: don't cross the streak of dust. You are free to drive your car in the opposite direction. Someone like you is going to find a way to be horribly inconvenienced either way.
Marianna Coal Daddy

Ashburn, VA

#18 Oct 26, 2010
elrodismmmmmm wrote:
The reason I don't like massey is bc they destroyed something I love
We all lost someone in the explosion at Upper Big Branch, myself personally, I lost 29 brothers and 4 of the best friends and co-workers a person could ever wish for. Whatever or whoever you lost I am truely sorry and can only tell you the whole state mourns with you, I don't think we'll ever get over it. God bless you and your family.
Concerned

Ashburn, VA

#19 Oct 27, 2010
poff wrote:
Money for what where your mines but dust and coal on us, you guys knew this when the mines went in over there.Nobody got any money.They are saying same old thing.We'll take care of it, it will get better.Still waiting on getting better.If they are giving away money send me some i need a power washer.
Boy that would be the icing on the cake for you wouldn't it! What are ya'll going to do when you not only have 1 coal mine, but 4 more and a prep plant looking at you. You better get used to the idea this is COAL COUNTRY! When are you people going to get a new hobby besides always looking at the mines? I don't know, pick-up gardening, stamp collecting, anything, just leave those boys alone! Oh yeah, by the way, Lowe's has pressure washers on sale, so why don't you spend some that FREE money you get and go get yourself one, I bet you feel a whole lot better about yourself!!!!

“thats cool”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 27, 2010
Marianna Coal Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>We all lost someone in the explosion at Upper Big Branch, myself personally, I lost 29 brothers and 4 of the best friends and co-workers a person could ever wish for. Whatever or whoever you lost I am truely sorry and can only tell you the whole state mourns with you, I don't think we'll ever get over it. God bless you and your family.
thanks bro:)
But it's not only that. They have also screwed over my uncle. And what they are doing at marrianna Is so wrong. I love the moutains with everything in me, and I hate to see them get raped and destroyed. And it seems aweful funny that they Don't have enough money to keep there mines running safely, but they can buy out all these houses in Marianna. And I'm sorry for anyone that has to work for thoes crooks. God bless you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 11 min Cookie_Parker 13,437
coon branch 3 hr Scenic View 9
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr single91f 1,985
Welch Music Thread (Apr '12) 5 hr Old man- Bville 295
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 5 hr COOTERDOG 23,411
Jailtime or no Jailtime? 5 hr not fooled 8
Word assocation (Sep '07) 7 hr Mr_h 15,620
Brenton Dating
Find my Match

Brenton Jobs

Brenton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brenton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brenton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]