Letter Box

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

This morning, I tried to explain to my daughter the importance of the same sex marriage debate.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Apr 09

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

"Respect for privacy and looking out for each other are Vermont values of not interfering in how each of us lives his or her life, as long as it is not harmful to others, and yet, all of us rallying to each other's defense if person or property is at risk."
Thank you, Rep. Moran.

I hope Rep. Garrecht's constituents will take a long hard look at his agenda and vote him out next time. His inability to think straight should be an alarm bell- what else is on his agenda that he'd impose if given the chance? This man hates our freedom. Would he have fought to keep slavery too?
PLAIN JANE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

I'm still waiting for my mother to explain the birds and bees to me. at this point in life I don't think it matters any more but I always enjoyed a good bedtime story. my mother told me the slavery one I think it invovled a guy named toby that couldn't run oh well maybe this week mom will let it rip happy dreams
flyboy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Equal rights are for all legal citizens. Thats all I have to say with any thread that is about marriage for gay/lesbian couples.
Lin

Winnsboro, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Rev,
You have no scientific evidence to prove that homosexuality is caused by environment, or that it is a choice. Your very own words about ex-gays being, "haunted," proves that their sexual orientation is innate, they are just choosing to act against it.

For you to say with any authority that it is a choice would mean that you personally had a choice in your sexual orientation, and I can presume you chose to live a straight life. That by the way, does not mean you are straight, it means you are bisexual.

Really, the question of choice is irrelevant anyway, as is your personal religious views on it. Your religion, by the way, is most definitely a choice, and yet it is protected by law.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

What a contrast in the latter two letters: one graced by reason and intelligence, the other by superstition and ignorance. That the elected official is the better guarantor of freedom is a testament to the wisdom of the voters of Vermont and a sad reflection on the congregants of the "reverend's" church.
Simple Simon

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

PLAIN JANE wrote:
I'm still waiting for my mother to explain the birds and bees to me
Sometimes, when a man loves a woman, he will put bees in her vagina, and then she will need a bird to pick them out. Sometimes, while the bird is picking out the bees, it will lay an egg. This egg will become a tiny person living rent-free in your stomach for up to nine months. Eventually the tiny pewrson will come out and then you have the option to keep them in your puch for another 3 months, if desired.
Simple Simon

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

PLAIN JANE wrote:
I'm still waiting for my mother to explain the birds and bees to me.
When a man loves a woman, he will put bees in her most private of places, and then she will need to get a bird to peck them out. Sometimes that bird will lay an egg in her love canal and when that egg hatches, a tiny person will take up residence in the woman's belly for up to 9 months. At the end of the ninth months the tiny person must leave but the woman has the option to keep him in her pouch for an additional 3 months.

'Hope this helps!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Brattleboro Forum right now

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Last Employees Licenced at VY? 45 min I Know More Than You 20
The Real New Hamspire 1 hr REAL New Hampsturds 4
Election Spoiler Hillary Clinton 2 hr Burn the NWO Witch 9
Can't trust VT 4 hr Flat lander 2
School Stabbing: Time to Register Knives /Fed S... 10 hr Flat Lander 26
Vermont police release ID of man shot by officer 11 hr Mike Mulligan 26
2014 Marathon Tue Flat Lander 1
•••
•••