Sheriff's Election - Taney County Missouri - Aug 7, 2012

Posted in the Branson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 May 1, 2012
I think a major issue in this race is who can think outside of the box and rectify this communities crime in a manner that will be effective as we continue to grow.

In business I find that someone with a broad perspective is generally the best when you need new ideas.

The fact that Edmonds has a citizens perspective, a basic law enforcement perspective and was a veteran in an actual war - may be exactly what is needed to oversee the changes that obviously need to be made in this county to bring us up to par with counties of our size and larger in major cities.

Branson will continue to grow, with that the population, businesses will grow with it. If we do not obtain a modern day philosophy to deal with the crime in this county SOON, we will never be able to "catch" up.

I am not here to offend the other two candidates, but I think their years here in a small community in basically one role - without a real "Warrior" mentality - will not help propel us towards a brighter and safer future.
Bransonite

United States

#2 May 13, 2012
I know Jimmy and Steve.Steve always did his job and was nice about doing it.Jimmy did his job when he was not too tired and his potty mouth was bad.
I do not know this other guy but out of Steve and Jimmy I would take Steve any day he would do the job right.
Lady in Red

Branson, MO

#3 May 13, 2012
Time for Jimmie to hang it up!
Branson Res

Branson, MO

#4 Jul 12, 2012
I agree, Steve is a professional, Jimmy is a small time politician. We need to change, no offence to anyone, but the community has changed in the lase 12 years, and the methods and attitudes of the department have not.
Neal jordon

Euless, TX

#5 Jul 18, 2012
I have seen Taney county deputies in action. They rig up false charges against people they don't like. They file false reports they lie We need a new sheriff will a standard of integrity. Our sheriff thinks he is running mci. Family and friends perhaps that is why he tolerates the deviates that he hires. I have told the females in my family not to interact with the deputies. If you need a cop call a trooper
Come on

Branson, MO

#6 Jul 18, 2012
Steve is a professional??? and Jimmie is a small time politician??? They are exactly the same person in different suits. Steve brags about how Jimmie trained him and all of thier statements in the paper and in ads are almost word for word - i think they share a brain.
George Elliot

Branson, MO

#7 Jul 19, 2012
Then lets change for the sake of change. Who told Jimmy we would pay him for his whole life?
Keeter Skeeter

Branson, MO

#8 Jul 20, 2012
You can hear all the Sheriff guys talk online at

http://www.krzk.com/conversation_with_the_can...

Make an informed decision
Branson Native

Branson, MO

#9 Jul 30, 2012
We have suffered enough. Most people fear and hate the Taney county Sheriffs.
This is natural since they abuse our trust. Get rid of Jimmy and fire them all.
read this

Branson, MO

#10 Jul 30, 2012
Branson Native wrote:
We have suffered enough. Most people fear and hate the Taney county Sheriffs.
This is natural since they abuse our trust. Get rid of Jimmy and fire them all.
deputies REFUSED x 3 to enforce a court ordered child visitation.Law biding folks need help too. Jimmie was called 3 times but never returned one call.
i Know

Branson, MO

#11 Jul 30, 2012
read this wrote:
<quoted text>deputies REFUSED x 3 to enforce a court ordered child visitation.Law biding folks need help too. Jimmie was called 3 times but never returned one call.
This lame duck, good ole boy, lazy, intimidater of good law abidin people needs to get voted OUT.
Milo Jacobson

Branson, MO

#12 Jul 30, 2012
Russell runnin so scared never had any competition for the seat before. Now he has two. And those two are stickin it out to the end. Guess they have bigger balls than Jimmie thought - you know he tried to intimidate or pay them off to not run or drop out.

Get this asshole outta office!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 31, 2012
Milo Jacobson wrote:
Russell runnin so scared never had any competition for the seat before. Now he has two. And those two are stickin it out to the end. Guess they have bigger balls than Jimmie thought - you know he tried to intimidate or pay them off to not run or drop out.
Get this asshole outta office!!!
MEDS....ask to increase the dosage
True Citizen

Branson, MO

#14 Jul 31, 2012
If the preident only gets two terms, why would we give Jimmy 4? Get rid of him...
Honest Lady

Branson, MO

#15 Jul 31, 2012
I got pulled over by a deputy in Taneyville. He was a wierd guy did not give me a ticket. Stared at my breast the whole time and asked me out! Told him I was married and did not date fat guys anyway!
scared resident

Branson, MO

#16 Jul 31, 2012
I have family and close friends that work in sherrifs dept 2 different counties in mo (1 IS the sherrif in his). They all say Taney county dept. has the worst reputation or the MOST corrupt in the state. We the voters are the only ones to help/fix this.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 31, 2012
Honest Lady wrote:
I got pulled over by a deputy in Taneyville. He was a wierd guy did not give me a ticket. Stared at my breast the whole time and asked me out! Told him I was married and did not date fat guys anyway!
Bull. what was his badge number?
Believer

Branson, MO

#18 Jul 31, 2012
scared resident wrote:
I have family and close friends that work in sherrifs dept 2 different counties in mo (1 IS the sherrif in his). They all say Taney county dept. has the worst reputation or the MOST corrupt in the state. We the voters are the only ones to help/fix this.
So true get this crap outta here!
Deputy Luttrell

Branson, MO

#19 Aug 1, 2012
bang bang

Since: Jul 12

United States

#20 Aug 1, 2012
read this wrote:
<quoted text>deputies REFUSED x 3 to enforce a court ordered child visitation.Law biding folks need help too. Jimmie was called 3 times but never returned one call.
Its a court order then its civil not criminal. Can you show me a Missouri statute that a deputy can infornce a court order for custody. The only court order I know of they can enforce is a order of protection. So I do believe the deputies were in the right. So leave your redneck imbread family problems out of the public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,288
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 16 hr Foster 3,191
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 18 hr Go Blue Forever 590
branson is racist (Jun '07) Tue scooby 41
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... Mon FyI 304
Holder Sun Eric Holder 4
Illegals Sep 28 They are Trash 5
Branson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Branson Jobs

Branson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Branson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Branson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]