Pit Bull Kills Dog; Starts Family Fight

Sep 19, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson

“We have complained the dog was off just a month ago. They're not in compliance; they just got written a ticket.”

The Rankin County sheriff's department is investigating a pit bull attack that occurred Tuesday evening. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
nha61303

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2007

Judged:

Some pit bulls are not bad it is all in the way that you raise them there is no way that rcso will get my dogs ok if you raise them mean hell yea they will be mean if you don't well you know the answer to that!!!!!!
shay18

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Judged:

I think people are going outrageous over things now days if the pitbull had visted this the ladies house before and never bothered her small dog then it was an accident i know she may be upset but there comes a time where you have to move on its sad that her dog died but then again it is not serious enough to filling charges againts the pitbulls owner
pic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Judged:

For shay18: It is to bad that this pit bull didn't kill your animal.
Val lynn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Judged:

I have had an incident 5 years ago where my Dog was attacked in my own yard!! A Pitbull, Female was following it's master down our street and you know how dogs will bark at each other? Well My Dog Seen her and she came over to my dog to the fence!! I didn't see the initial attack but I looked out and My Dog was being held by the pitbull by her neck!I was so scared so the guy came over to his dog and I told Ginger to stay still and my poor Dog was just sitting there and Luckily or by the Grace of God and I know God helped me that day, We got his dog off my dog and Later on I called the Police and the animal shelter. WEll they couldn't find the dog and I know why!!! The Guy hid his dog out at a friends. So MY DOG HAD TO BE QUARANTINED AT MY VETS!! Talk about unfair>? and the other dog let go, Sounds like My Dog was the victim and the predator was let go ? sound familar ?? I am lucky to have my Dog today and I hate to say buy I will' I HATE PIT BULLS!! The people that have them Don't treat them right and they make money off the fights !! They are mistreated and therefore they attack!! I don't have any Sympathy for them or there owners !!! Sorry!! Every time I see one I want to ban them!!! THEY SHOULD BE BANNED!!
Angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Judged:

I think all Pit Bulls should be banned.Thank God that it wasn't a child at that front door when it opened.If they will attack a dog,it can attack a child.I don't like them because they are mean animals.Some people say that you don't know unless you have raised them the right way,but I have senn them raised the right way and they still been known to turn on people and animals.
Even on their own owner! These dogs should be banned here in mississippi.
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

My dog was killed Sunday. She was the meekest dog, such a sweetie. We used to joke that she was almost human, by her reaction to all situations. I am so sad, I can't keep from crying. There is no justice, She was attacked three times, I did not witness the fourth, the final. Therefore there is no 'evidence' that it was my neighbors dog! I miss her terribly, I am terrified to go outside because of these animals. I carry a bat to check the mail.

I wish I could bring her back, but I really wish I could cause these animals to be put down.

Since: Jul 08

Brandon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Judged:

To all the pitbull lovers out there I will tell you this, that if your pitbull came to my house and killed my 2 labs I guarantee I would come to that house where that pitbull came from and will kill it. No questions to the owner I would Kill it. Promise. They all need to be banned. They are a dangerous animal and one day they will turn on you...just a matter of time. Its ashame that people have a dog that they cant even let other people get close to it because it might turn on them. Ban all pitbulls or put them in cages with a concrete floor and a roof so they cant get out.
E GAT

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

Judged:

The blatant discrimination and ignorance in this forum makes me sick, I mean sentences like "The people that have them Don't treat them right and they make money off the fights !!" might be a legitimate argument for some of you, but I personally think it's ridiculous. Also, to the person who said "if your pitbull came to my house and killed my 2 labs I guarantee I would come to that house where that pitbull came from and will kill it. No questions to the owner I would Kill it. Promise." Good luck with that, here in MS we have castle doctrine, if you came to my house to kill my dog, and you were in my yard, I would smoke you, call the cops, and go back inside to watch TV. If you want to have vicious dog legislation that registers dogs that have been involved in previous altercations and then penalizes them on a second offence that makes perfect sense, but breed specific legislation is discrimination. There are bad dogs and good dogs in every breed. Get your heads out of your asses people.

Brandon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Judged:

Hey MR E Gat, take a look at this link:

http://pantagraph.com/articles/2008/09/15/new...

This is what happened to a 4 month old girl killed by the families 2 pitbulls. A family pet. Great dogs arent they...I guess they are in your blind eyes. Hope if you have them that one day they turn on you and not an a child or another animal. People like you who defend them saying, not my dog or there are good and bad animals in every breed, are the reasons why there needs to be manditory restrictions. You can say all you want about how stupid people like me sound, well go tell that to that 4 month old girls family.

Have a great day.
PITLOVR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

Only me in 39047

Imagine if a red-haired person attacked a child, would the community ban all red-haired people? If a truck driven by a drunk driver were involved in a fatal accident, would the community ban trucks? The answer is a simple and resounding “no” and it should be the same for our pet companions.

Restrictions placed on a specific breed fail to address the larger problems of abuse, aggression training, and irresponsible dog ownership. Again, breed alone is not an adequate indicator of a dog's propensity to bite. Rather, a dog's tendency to bite is a product of several factors, including but not limited to:

· Early socialization, or lack thereof, of the dog to people.

· Sound obedience training for recognition of where he or she "fits" with regard to dominance and people, or mistraining for fighting or increased aggression.

· Quality of care and supervision by the owner, current levels of socialization of the dog with his or her human family.

· Whether the dog has been spayed or neutered.

If the goal is to offer communities better protection from dogs who are dangerous, then thoughtful legislation that addresses responsible dog ownership is in order. Legislation aimed at punishing the owner of the dog rather than punishing the dog is far more effective in reducing the number of dog bites and attacks. Well enforced, non-breed-specific laws offer an effective and fair solution to the problem of dangerous dogs in all communities.

No dog is inherently dangerous. The same cannot be said for irresponsible breeders and owners. These humans are the real threat and Breed Specific Legislation does not change that!

Brandon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Judged:

PITLOVR wrote:
Only me in 39047
Imagine if a red-haired person attacked a child, would the community ban all red-haired people? If a truck driven by a drunk driver were involved in a fatal accident, would the community ban trucks? The answer is a simple and resounding “no” and it should be the same for our pet companions.
Restrictions placed on a specific breed fail to address the larger problems of abuse, aggression training, and irresponsible dog ownership. Again, breed alone is not an adequate indicator of a dog's propensity to bite. Rather, a dog's tendency to bite is a product of several factors, including but not limited to:
· Early socialization, or lack thereof, of the dog to people.
· Sound obedience training for recognition of where he or she "fits" with regard to dominance and people, or mistraining for fighting or increased aggression.
· Quality of care and supervision by the owner, current levels of socialization of the dog with his or her human family.
· Whether the dog has been spayed or neutered.
If the goal is to offer communities better protection from dogs who are dangerous, then thoughtful legislation that addresses responsible dog ownership is in order. Legislation aimed at punishing the owner of the dog rather than punishing the dog is far more effective in reducing the number of dog bites and attacks. Well enforced, non-breed-specific laws offer an effective and fair solution to the problem of dangerous dogs in all communities.
No dog is inherently dangerous. The same cannot be said for irresponsible breeders and owners. These humans are the real threat and Breed Specific Legislation does not change that!
Pitlovr, you want to take a human and compair them to an animal?! All dogs are hunters, they have that in their blood, DNA. Yes I know there are alot of people out there that train their dogs to fight or even kill. I think they should be put under the jail with 6 feet of concrete. I understand that you and alot of others love their pit, but it is just a matter of time till his animal instinct comes out and hope no one is killed by him/her. A pit was breed to fight and protect and with the numbers of imbreeding its made them that more dangerous. Look I know a friend I have has one and he never abused it always babied it, well one day it turned on him gave him over 20 stiches. He still has the dog, if it was mine he would be smelling the bottom side of a dirt hole. Look at stats of dog attacks and see what is the #1 breed that attacks and kills. A PIT. You can correct a normal dog without recourse but a pit if you try to correct it, it just gets more pissed. They are a dangerous animal and something needs to be done about them rather it be eliminate them or make it where they have to be in a cage with a top to it. I would hate to know I had to keep my pet locked up like that. The people out there who own Pits are living in denial, my dog wont hurt no one, well many many many other people have said the same thing and now they have a dead kid, friend or whatever. Good luck!!!
Jonesy

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Judged:

That is such BS. I mean living denial? A pitbull is just as normal as a Poodle. People who go around saying the breed is monster are in living denial.. Screw your statistics. I mean if a dog is good at something and they are put in the hands of bad people then it wont be good... PItbulls are strong pwerful animals and in the wrong hands that raw fact will be exposed. BUt do you blame them for doing what they are trained to do? You my friend.. You are in denial statin biased opinions. If you want to check something.. Check the stats on how many inbred pitbulls live.. But its not important. What is. A baby boy is dead, and sois yet another beautiful animal.. Nothing is more dangerous than intentional stupidity..
Leslie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

Judged:

I think it is said that in our society today that people judge just by reputation and bad seeds. Not all bit bulls are dangerous and prone to attack. Any animal, no matter the size, is prone to attack. It is just in there nature. It is how they are treated and raised that make the difference. It is the same for people.
Everyone is outraged and wants pitbulls banned. However, cars killed people (children) and animals every year and you don't see the same outcry to ban cars.
Thank God it wasn't a child but all should not be punished for the bad deed of one.

Brandon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Judged:

Yes I agree the pitbull lovers are in denial! But thats ok maybe their pit will turn on them. Maybe we should let all the murders out, let terrorism strive, hell let all dangerous crimes go without recourse. After all the pitlovers are comparing cars to pits when it comes to killing people. So yeah lets just go without any laws and maybe the pit lovers will be happy. Screw all the facts, deaths, injuries because its just a normal dog!!!

No common sense at all with these people!!!!!
RANKIN COUNTY RESIDENT

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

It seems fairly easy to tell the difference between pitbull owners who are doing right and owners who are doing wrong. All you have to do is look at the dogs living environment, and the dogs themselves. That is what they do in other states, it's called investigating. You can't ban a breed of dog, that is a racist thing to pursue, but that is par for the course here in Mississippi. I am not from here, and this place seems like a third world country. People need to get with the times.
Pearl Ms

Robinsonville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

It looks like to me people would have better things to do than sit around passing judgement on dog owners, than trying to make this world a better place to live, and become kinder to others.
byram

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

pitbulls where not breed to fight dumb people converted them to fight. Chows where breed to fight wanna ban them too? How about the polar bear also.Any dog will bite no matter what the breed is.There should be regulations not bans.

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

Only me in 39047 wrote:
Hey MR E Gat, take a look at this link:
http://pantagraph.com/articles/2008/09/15/new...
This is what happened to a 4 month old girl killed by the families 2 pitbulls. A family pet. Great dogs arent they...I guess they are in your blind eyes. Hope if you have them that one day they turn on you and not an a child or another animal. People like you who defend them saying, not my dog or there are good and bad animals in every breed, are the reasons why there needs to be manditory restrictions. You can say all you want about how stupid people like me sound, well go tell that to that 4 month old girls family.
Have a great day.
and once again, you are talking about 1 incident... you cannot judge an entire breed because some have attacked.
thats like me saying ban all white people because some are rapists.
you will never get it.
the only people on here that hate pits, are the ones that have never known one.
C rock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

ShOuT OuT 2 AlL Mi PiT LoVeRs!!!!!!!!!

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

If this does not explain it to you in lamen terms, then I don't know what will.
You are hopeless...
Never even known a family Pit Bull, yet you have so many negative things to say about them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brandon Discussions

Search the Brandon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bryant protests immigrant children being housed... 2 hr opg 2
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 3 hr Laws 1,970
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr truth told 18,589
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Mon WorldWatchDetroit TueLIVE 1,020
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) Jul 27 Steve B 11
Perfectly thin xtreme diet pill (Dec '13) Jul 25 SaraSoCal 6
What are the 10 safest places in Mississippi? Jun '14 Val 1
•••
•••
•••
Brandon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brandon Jobs

•••