Does anyone remember a local woman named Stella Wielatz?

Posted in the Brandon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NY couple seeks Stella W

AOL

#1 May 4, 2008
Hi Folks in Sunny Florida:
My husband and I are retired and love to pick up
interesting pieces of art in the Salvation Army
and thrift shops etc. Our budget is verrrrrrrrrrrrry small!! Recently we found a delightful little water color of a robin on a branch in a faux bamboo frame with the artist's
name beneath the robin: Stella Wielatz 1951. I did a little detective work on the web and found
out that a Stella Wielatz had died in Florida in
1994 and from one of the reference librarians online for Hillsborough county I got a small death notice that said she was an artist. How this little picture of hers ended up in the Hudson Valley I do not know but would love to be
able to get a couple more of her small works. I also found out that she is survived by a son Paul
C. Wielatz in the Brandon Tampa area. If I were a
hutzpa(spelling?) endowed person I would call him
but I do not wish to intrude on someone's privacy so if anyone out there has any information or may remember Stella or know her family maybe this forum can facilitate our wish to get a couple more of her pictures even if they
were but photocopies. And if Paul happens to see this-we adore the little picture that your mother
made-it is on our living room wall right now. Hope this little message to you all bears fruit.
Lisa M

United States

#2 May 14, 2008
I have one of her paintings-its a pretty landscape with a country road
NY couple seeks Stella

AOL

#3 May 14, 2008
Thanks Lisa M for your comment. You have me further intriqued. Did you buy the painting in Florida or did you find it serendipitously as my husband and I did? Did you know the artist personally?
How big and what medium is your work and did Stella sign and date it?
Rita Wielatz

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 May 29, 2008
Hello,
Wow, that is amazing. Stella was my grandmother. I'm so happy that you are enjoying her painting, she was a wonderful artist. my father died several years ago and I and my siblings do have some of her paintings. let me know if I can be of any further help. rwielatz@gmail.com
Catherine Wielatz

Dayton, OH

#5 Sep 18, 2008
How cool to find out that one of my relatives was an artist. Robert Wielatz is my dad. Thanks for sharing all.
Karen Starback

Sacramento, CA

#6 Dec 26, 2008
Catherine Wielatz wrote:
How cool to find out that one of my relatives was an artist. Robert Wielatz is my dad. Thanks for sharing all.
Wow, Robert Wielatz is my dad's name too. What a small world.
rita wielatz

Saint Petersburg, FL

#7 Feb 16, 2009
there can't be that many wielatz's out there, maybe we're all related?? Didn't robert wielatz have a brother named charles wielatz? he was my father's father (my grandfather).

rita
rwielatz@gmail.com
S Bennett

Dunn, NC

#8 May 19, 2009
Karen Starback wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! Robert Wielatz is my dad's name too!(Karen and Cathy ... those are my sisters' names too :)
S Bennett

Dunn, NC

#9 May 19, 2009
rita wielatz wrote:
there can't be that many wielatz's out there, maybe we're all related?? Didn't robert wielatz have a brother named charles wielatz? he was my father's father (my grandfather).
rita
rwielatz@gmail.com
The Robert Wielatz referenced by Karen, Cathy and I did not have a brother named Charles, but Ross Wielatz may have had a brother or relative named Charles...?
richard deslippe

Ottawa, Canada

#10 Jul 30, 2009
hello stella L. wielatz fans. im richard from ontario canada , my friends cleand out and old aunts house of stuff, in the i found a 10 x 13 acrylic with stellas business card on the back, it has her phone # and add. temple terrace fl. and dated 2-14-76.#95 and a price of $25.00 the painting is called , the waiting guitar. its a still life of a guitar on a chair, nice colors ,bright.im an art dealer ,i always look for originals.this was a great find for 5 bucks ah.thanks form canada ,antiquebossrich@yahoo.com
Native

Arlington, TN

#11 Aug 18, 2009
Karen Starback wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow this is a small world, my dads name is Robert Wielatz also.
Rita Wielatz

Tampa, FL

#12 Sep 3, 2009
We have alot of relatives in Canada. Last name was Gagnon or Derosier I think. I'll have to ask my mom. I remember as a kid a big family of our canadian cousins visited. they didn't speak much english. this was the side of the family that married the wielatz side.
cathy

Dayton, OH

#13 Sep 26, 2009
I didn't think there were that many Wielatz's out there. Who are all you people?
richard deslippe

Ottawa, Canada

#14 Oct 18, 2009
mr. ambrose gagnon. was my grade school teacher
Becky McCullough

Charlotte, NC

#15 Mar 4, 2011
I realize that this is March 2011, but I have a wonderful watercolor of a train that my mother bought for my grandmother. It is signed and dated by Stella Wielatz 1970. I don't want to sell it or get rid of it. Just wanted someone to know that we all love this painting and my 19 year old son has it hanging in his bedroom!
Thanks!
Mitch

Lutz, FL

#16 May 16, 2011
Rita Wielatz wrote:
Hello,
Wow, that is amazing. Stella was my grandmother. I'm so happy that you are enjoying her painting, she was a wonderful artist. my father died several years ago and I and my siblings do have some of her paintings. let me know if I can be of any further help. rwielatz@gmail.com
Do you know Mary Wielatz of Tampa? I also,enjoy one of Stella's paintings painted in 1975.
Mitch

Lutz, FL

#17 May 16, 2011
I found one of Stella's paintings. Do you know about Mary Wielatz. Is She related to Stella?
rita wielatz

Tampa, FL

#18 Aug 17, 2011
Mary wielatz is Stella's granddaughter and also my sister. She still lives in Tampa.
Janet

Hyattsville, MD

#19 Feb 13, 2012
I found Stella Wielatz painting in Tampa at a Thrift Store on Nebraska Ave. I often visit Tampa to visit family, I now live in Washington DC. I acquire this painting back in the late 80's. I had hang it up in my cubicle at the Dept of Labor. The painting is on a block of wood. I bought it because it remind me of my home town. The scene is of two people resting on trees. Trees that seem to be frail with moss. Since retired, I now have it hanging in my bedroom.
Jennifer and James

Wesley Chapel, FL

#20 Oct 19, 2012
We have a wonderful picture of a boat in a harbor. God bless this woman as her memory lives on forever in her art.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 12 hr Real Person 2,482
dover area gangs and plant city (Jul '09) 21 hr fuhkuall 3
Review: Late Hour Urgent Care Ctr - Luis A Agui... (Jan '11) Sep 11 DMR 3
'100 percent authentic Mexican' Taco Rey expand... Sep 11 Seth Ashford 2
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sep 8 Liberal forever 2,972
Seffner shooting suspect arrested in Plant City Sep 6 M kish 1
Review: BayFlower Moving Group (Oct '13) Sep 5 Brandon Wells 91
•••
•••
•••

Brandon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Brandon People Search