Shadow Lakes Flea Market

Posted in the Braidwood Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
HEMI

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 20, 2012
 
Shadow Lakes annual Memorial Day Weekend Flea Market...this up coming Saturday!! 8am-2PM!!! Come and support my favorite charity...ME!!!

Lots of neat stuff this year Antiques, unique crafts, candy, baked goods, household items, good friends, and lots more!!!! It is going to be a hot sale that day some come early!!
E Z E

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 20, 2012
 
Yes come and look at how this place has gone to hell.A week before Memorial day and the weeds have not been cut one time.Now I see they are looking to hire someone to cut the weeds.The front of my place looks like a swamp.The last week of may and now they are looking for help.This is just B.S. I have told them I would do it for free ,But no they have to play games.This is why 25% on the homes are for sale. 10 years ago this was a wonderfull place to live now it,s the pits.
yup

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

shadow lakes sucks. buncha gated community hill billy's. that place was a dive 10 years ago and is a dive still today.
HEMI

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 21, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Sorry you feel that way, thanks for adding nothing to my post by the way!!! Its only Memorial day lest you relax. It was a early spring with no ice on the lake the weeds were growing long before years past. As for the weed boat they just got it back from being repaired a few weeks ago.(If you went to the meeting or cared you would have known that)

As for 25% of the homes for sale....there is always 10-15 percent for sale here they are summer homes for most people. Yes there are a lot for sale but there are lots of homes for sale in Naperville and Lemont so your point is mute.
E Z E

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 21, 2012
 
The weed boat has been sitting in the water for over 2 weeks now with no to run it why?I went to the office and said I would run it for free but it still sits.We have a open house in June when people look at swamp we have for channel they turn around and go home.Fish and Swim off your pier my butt.
HEMI

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 21, 2012
 
I was just trying to promote the Flea Market...Not complain. If you want why not start your own to complain about things.
yup

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 21, 2012
 
he is just trying to let people know that they will be coming to a jungle of weeds when they attend your flea market. just giving them a friendly heads up. some people dont get to go into your gated community and have high expectations. when they get there they will see that the place is an unmaintained dive and it might shock them.

he obviously takes pride in his home and community and has offered to voulenteer his time and effort to make it nice for everyone, but has been turned down. he sounds like a decent dude to me. just frustrated as hell. quite honestly i would be too. nothing pisses me off more than weeds growing like crazy and uncut grass. its one of the simplest things someone can do to make their home and community look nice and liveable.
Mike

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 22, 2012
 
Yup has only negative comments, I assume his life revolves around a sh*tty childhood. Im from San Diego and im 21 and I love Shadow Lakes. What do you say now? I've been farther up a tree than you've been out of town Mr. Yup. Keep your ignorant filled comments to yourself. Or better yet come down to Shadow Lakes and let everyone else know how you feel about them yourself.
Whats up your but

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 22, 2012
 
Mike wrote:
Yup has only negative comments, I assume his life revolves around a sh*tty childhood. Im from San Diego and im 21 and I love Shadow Lakes. What do you say now? I've been farther up a tree than you've been out of town Mr. Yup. Keep your ignorant filled comments to yourself. Or better yet come down to Shadow Lakes and let everyone else know how you feel about them yourself.
Looks like ur the a@@hole here.
Mike

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 22, 2012
 
Whats up your but wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like ur the a@@hole here.
Please do elaborate.
yup

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 22, 2012
 
sticks and stones dude.
EZE

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 23, 2012
 
Mike wrote:
Yup has only negative comments, I assume his life revolves around a sh*tty childhood. Im from San Diego and im 21 and I love Shadow Lakes. What do you say now? I've been farther up a tree than you've been out of town Mr. Yup. Keep your ignorant filled comments to yourself. Or better yet come down to Shadow Lakes and let everyone else know how you feel about them yourself.
Your 21 so you live with ma and dad right? The people that live year around think the rest of us are trash.Who pays 75% of the dues? WE DO.Is it so much to ask that when we,People that are still working, Come down find are weeds cut so we can get are boats out? That our kid s can fish or swim like the ads say? I will be down Friday and will report next week. If the weeds are cut and the place looks good I WILL SAY SORRY.
Just Courious

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 24, 2012
 
If your having candy and baked goods I hope there getting a health permit. Il law says you have to have a permit to sell any edible food including candy so hope to see the permits in place this weekend
Mike

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 26, 2012
 
EZE wrote:
<quoted text>Your 21 so you live with ma and dad right? The people that live year around think the rest of us are trash.Who pays 75% of the dues? WE DO.Is it so much to ask that when we,People that are still working, Come down find are weeds cut so we can get are boats out? That our kid s can fish or swim like the ads say? I will be down Friday and will report next week. If the weeds are cut and the place looks good I WILL SAY SORRY.
Get a grip on reality BRO, Who says I live in Shadow Lakes? Who says I don't own my own house, bought a new car, and make 80k a year rather than moving back to San Diego? Hmm... Please elaborate on what you do. Shadow Lakes Assoc. makes a profit, sure, but remember you don't pay water, garbage and maintenance fee's directly, its a lump sum, not to mention personnel to run the place. Take into consideration some other alternative scenarios the Assoc. encounters before you set speculation as fact. I'm positive having your lakes look like crap is a huge priority to fix in the budget, remember people leaving doesn't give profit. So maybe there maybe some reasons that it haven't been done.
EZE

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 9, 2012
 
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip on reality BRO, Who says I live in Shadow Lakes? Who says I don't own my own house, bought a new car, and make 80k a year rather than moving back to San Diego? Hmm... Please elaborate on what you do. Shadow Lakes Assoc. makes a profit, sure, but remember you don't pay water, garbage and maintenance fee's directly, its a lump sum, not to mention personnel to run the place. Take into consideration some other alternative scenarios the Assoc. encounters before you set speculation as fact. I'm positive having your lakes look like crap is a huge priority to fix in the budget, remember people leaving doesn't give profit. So maybe there maybe some reasons that it haven't been done.
I guess I f/up Your 21 years old you make 80k a year and you drive your new car into Shadow Lakes to see how the poor people live? As you say over and over You don,t say we pay you say you pay, It,s our lakes not your lakes.Oh what do I do ? 28 years 150 .
mad max

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 10, 2012
 
well im 25 years old and im broke as a joke. think you guys could loan me some money till the fill up my link card?
junie

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 14, 2012
 
who is the dick driving up the walking bridge? How can anyone think they are cool driving a golf cart. Take that golf cart to the bad lands and see how cool you are. Mess up the walking bridge?? Get a job you stupid hick. Tear up your own stuff. I pay my dues and love SL. Just need to get rid of a few of you. Ya can't fix stupid.
Born to be wild is about motorcycles not golf carts you fool.
junie

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 14, 2012
 
HEMI wrote:
Sorry you feel that way, thanks for adding nothing to my post by the way!!! Its only Memorial day lest you relax. It was a early spring with no ice on the lake the weeds were growing long before years past. As for the weed boat they just got it back from being repaired a few weeks ago.(If you went to the meeting or cared you would have known that)
As for 25% of the homes for sale....there is always 10-15 percent for sale here they are summer homes for most people. Yes there are a lot for sale but there are lots of homes for sale in Naperville and Lemont so your point is mute.
The fishing is amazing with the weeds being not cut. It's nature and deal with it. Cook fish and enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Braidwood Forum right now

Search the Braidwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
drug test 57 min Mike 3
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,055
Why is Wilmington so backward? (Oct '07) 3 hr Lettuce be serious 166
school fees (Sep '13) 7 hr Timely Words 37
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
Lock your doors Gardner--Scheel is back (May '12) 14 hr Yep 60
Golden Mine 21 hr off oak 2
•••
•••
•••
Braidwood Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Braidwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Braidwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••