concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

Just wondering what everyone thinks about this family court judge....
Bias

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

I think her judgement in some cases have been prejudice against certain individuals based on personal opinion instead of the actual facts of the case.

Since: Feb 08

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

Bias wrote:
I think her judgement in some cases have been prejudice against certain individuals based on personal opinion instead of the actual facts of the case.
I have heard that about her in a couple of cases.
repetition huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

gran54 wrote:
<quoted text> I have heard that about her in a couple of cases.
I have also heard the same thing..So what is that saying about our court system? I was told she wasn't much on women who had more power than her and if you ended up in her courtroom you were doomed!!
hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

Gee Whiz there seems to be a pattern going on here..if she is that bias and unfair against people then why do people continue to elect her to the office?? or is she appointed by someone??
save the kids of warren

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

Judged:

I have also heard she is very biased against females especially if they are more successful than her. It's a shame that the kids are the ones who suffer because of her prejudice and require years of therapy to treat what she has created by forcing children into inadequate environments.
Right choice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

Judged:

I know of a case where she gave the father custody of the child..It went on forever and this women is a very respectable woman in Warren Co. Its a shame that it took the father driving drunk and blowing a very high alcohol level for her to open her eyes to this!! From what I understand this mother had been saying this for years that he had a problem but the judge wouldn't budge until this happened. I am glad she chose to make the right decision in this matter..

“Meanwhile Back At The Ranch.”

Since: Sep 08

Tompkinsville,Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

just bear with it and wait till the next election.

just remember the name Denton when you go vote next time.

Joy Denton should have won the last time.

Margaret Huddleston is over paid,over rated and has personal issues. complaints every so often will always be there due to the job it's self no matter who is behind the bench.

Margaret Huddleston seems to have conflicts more time than not. I hope folks have learned their lesson and will make a change come next election.

Tompkinsville,Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
Gee Whiz there seems to be a pattern going on here..if she is that bias and unfair against people then why do people continue to elect her to the office?? or is she appointed by someone??
this was her first election and good lord willing her last.
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

Right choice wrote:
I know of a case where she gave the father custody of the child..It went on forever and this women is a very respectable woman in Warren Co. Its a shame that it took the father driving drunk and blowing a very high alcohol level for her to open her eyes to this!! From what I understand this mother had been saying this for years that he had a problem but the judge wouldn't budge until this happened. I am glad she chose to make the right decision in this matter..
I almost want to say I know who you are talking about with this court case. It sounds like a very similar case to me. Did this lady just get her son back not to long ago?? If indeed we are talking about the same person then yes it was a messed up situation!! Glad the father got what her deserved and the son was put back in the home where he belongs.
ky mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

You all are getting her confused with Catherine Holderfield's election. Huddleston always runs unopposed....

Tompkinsville,Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

being honest you may be right. i'll have to check my facts.
shooter

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Yes, Mrs. Denton ran against Holderfield, Satterfield, and Osi lkjs;fasj;, or whatever his name is. Mrs. Denton was the most qualified candidate, by far, and the most respected among her peers, by far. The political machine beat her. Holderfiled was an appointee by Fletcher, and the Republican party had to put their support behind Holderfield in support for Fletcher. That is the only reason that Holderfield won. Poitics is not a fair game.

Tompkinsville,Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

ok i was mistaken. i'm a man so it comes natural. bottom line is Denton is a helluva gal.

smart,pretty and respected by folks who have crossed her path.she is all around good people.

Joy Denton is the total package. hell folks McCain should have reached out to her instead of Palin.

i know first hand Joy Denton put's people before money. unlike most lawyers she has helped folks and never expected a dime and it tickled her to be able to do it.

that's what i consider character.
shooter

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

Tompkinsville Talker wrote:
ok i was mistaken. i'm a man so it comes natural. bottom line is Denton is a helluva gal.
smart,pretty and respected by folks who have crossed her path.she is all around good people.
Joy Denton is the total package. hell folks McCain should have reached out to her instead of Palin.
i know first hand Joy Denton put's people before money. unlike most lawyers she has helped folks and never expected a dime and it tickled her to be able to do it.
that's what i consider character.
Mrs. Denton received the pro-bono award in the early 90's, even though she had a full plate. Her volunteer service is incridible. She was the only candidate on the ballot in that was going to receive a pay cut for the family court judge postion. For her, it would have been a very substantial pay decrease. Holderfield thrived on court-appointed cases for years because she had few cases otherwise. Satterfield's practice was weak, and faltering, and Osi, well Osi was Osi. Satterfield was recently divorced, and Mrs. Denton was his attorney for the divorce. That says quite a lot about his opinion of Mrs. Denton. Mrs. Denton wanted that postion because she knew she could make a difference. It was purely financial for the other candidates.
Sabu the wild man

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Judged:

Denton is no better than the rest. Six of one and a half a dozen of the other.

They're all bums and they all have an agenda. Let them all go pound sand.
huddleston or Denton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Judged:

Sabu the wild man wrote:
Denton is no better than the rest. Six of one and a half a dozen of the other.
They're all bums and they all have an agenda. Let them all go pound sand.
Its funny that who started this forum they asked what everyone thought of huddleston. Now its turned into a Denton forum. I agree with most of you what your saying about Mrs Denton, yeah she was probably the most caring and qualified to take the postion. Huddleston on the other hand. I have to agree with the above post's. She is bias. I know of a few court cases she has made horrific decision's on. Sometimes judges make their decision based on lies they hear from the very first court appearance. One court case I heard about, the social workers, guardian of the child, pretty much everyone that had an opinion of where this child should be (numerous times)...Well Huddleston stood by her first ruling. Eventually the mother did get her child back but it took a long time!!! Glad she finally saw the light...
Matt

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Judged:

All you people that havn't been in her court room need to keep your opion to yourself until you get the real facts and actually see what happens I went infront of Judge Huddleston And I think she is very fair! I didn't get custody of my child (nor was I trying too) but I think she is a very fair judge! She orders what was fair and not what my babys mother wanted! These days we have to many judges that are all for women and thats noot the way it should be! A judge should go by the law and not the sex of the parents! Theres a lot of dads out there that are better parents then the mother but most judges always rule everything to the woman and that isn't rite! Judge Huddleston is a very good Judge I think and goes by the books! Warren county should be very proud to have a family judge as Judge Huddleston!!
Sabu the wild man

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Judged:

Putting a woman in charge of family court is like putting a fox in charge of a chicken coop. They all rely on gut instinct because they aint smart enough to understand law. Family court suits them because they aren't smart enough to make any money being real lawyers or real judges.

Tompkinsville,Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Judged:

where do i start ? maybe it turned into a pro Denton thread because she is an overall good person.

the cheap shot about putting a woman in charge is just that a cheap shot. perhaps by a person who has been scorned by a woman in and outside of a court room. the term petty also comes to mind.

i have had close friends who entered the Judge Huddleston arena.i have heard those far smarter than i and with far greater law experience express comments that she lacks the proper skills to do her job.

i'm not about to offer but one prediction and that is Judge Huddleston is a one term Judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of506
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
jalessa owmby 9 min Just sayin 15
Time to wake up America (Jan '13) 32 min Yemen 1,654
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 35 min Ancient Wolf 81,251
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 54 min angel 139,005
Tattoo shop permanent fine lines Chris Murphy 2 hr Tim 5
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 2 hr Doug77 4,306
vote richard miller district 5 5 hr u should know 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green People Search