kbrown

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Recently a man and woman preached to WKU students about their immoral dress and behavior. Insulting students, judging students, even going as far to tell female students that they were going to hell for pursuing a career as opposed to a family. One girl left in tears after arguing with the woman. afterwards the woman insulted the girls wieght, saying that a good christian girl would not be obiese. Another boy tried to get the woman to read a passage, but was ignored because it was a part of the bible she was contradicting. I agree that freedom of speech should protect their right to preach to students, but disheartening and insulting students and their families, dreams, and style? Doesn't interfere with the students rights? What do you all think?
Advice

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Judged:

I think before i let there opinion insult me i would have to value there opinion. I was not at this seminar, and if this did occur they need to read further in the Bible to were it says God is the almighty judge not the preachers there job is to get people closer to god not judge how one lives there life. if the sinner gets right with God he direct them into the kingdom. (MYOPINION)
Verbal Kint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Judged:

As a Christian, I am mortified and ashamed of preachers like this. This is not Christianity to me. I certainly hope and pray that people don't think we're all like this, because we certainly are not. I will be the first to admit I am a sinner and that I am no better than anyone else and that I love everyone, even though some are hard to ;-).
BGGal

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Doesn't sound very Christian-like to me. It's these types of "Christians" that, at times, make me not want to label myself as one. It's embarrassing.
Stillachristian

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

I left a church for this same reason. Holy than tho. Uneducated and illirate Preachers and if they only would stick to the Bible there would be no issues. But no. They haft to go behind your back and talk about you.
Take Cover

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

The great thing about religion is that you can twist it to suit your every need. What one might believe is right, turns out to be the opposite of another. It's really the ultimate tool of control..
Marx

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Religion is the opiate of the masses. But who cares? We all need a little disbelief.
kbrown

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Verbal Kint wrote:
As a Christian, I am mortified and ashamed of preachers like this. This is not Christianity to me. I certainly hope and pray that people don't think we're all like this, because we certainly are not. I will be the first to admit I am a sinner and that I am no better than anyone else and that I love everyone, even though some are hard to ;-).
This type of people are what put me off of labeling myself a Christian. Now I just claim to be a believer simply put. I won't put that label on myself. It a negative thing now. Not a show a belief or a good person, but an illiterate, judgmental heretic.And I hate to say that, but that is the first thing people assume when you call yourself a Christian, and unfortunately its not far from true in most cases.
Verbal Kint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

kbrown wrote:
<quoted text>This type of people are what put me off of labeling myself a Christian. Now I just claim to be a believer simply put. I won't put that label on myself. It a negative thing now. Not a show a belief or a good person, but an illiterate, judgmental heretic.And I hate to say that, but that is the first thing people assume when you call yourself a Christian, and unfortunately its not far from true in most cases.
I'm sorry that some Christians have hurt you. Honestly, the people that have hurt me the most were fellow Christians, but I think it's mighty unfair to generalize and condemn most because of a few bad ones. Sadly, the only time Christians receive national attention anymore is when a group does something ridiculous, such as those Westboro lunatics. Again, please don't condemn us all and I am sorry that others have hurt and/or offended you.
Verbal Kint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

I remember the crazy guy that used to go to WKU waaaaaay back in the 90's. I was walking to class one Friday morning when he was telling us all that we were hungover and ready to get drunk again that night. While it saddened me because i feared most would think all Christians behaved and had the same rationale, I couldn't help but stop and start cracking up laughing at his asinine comments. In a way, it was comical to watch this man make a fool of himself. I later found out this same man was assaulted after using a racist slur, and I remember feeling relieved that someone put him in his place and shut him up.

Since: Mar 12

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Id point and laugh.
lunesta

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

These judgemental people need their heads thumped, emphasis on the "mental" part!!!
Craig

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Well a true Christian shouldn't judge. It is not up to man to judge anyone. Everyone has issues, even Christians. Those who judge need to look in the mirror. It is unfortunate, but people are people and even Christians don't always act like Christians. Again, unfortunate, but that is the way it is.
Big Blue

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Wow, now that is a revelation! Any more news flashes??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

121 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min American Lady 146,310
Missing someone 7 min Grey 18
Toni Denise Lee 9 min ttkind 26
your girlfreind ????? 15 min Sir 1
Food trucks unlikely in Bowling Green 1 hr France MBA student 2
RIP Shawn Thompson (Jan '13) 2 hr Jimmy Hendrix 380
new image 2 hr NoName 4
Andrea Walker WBKO 13 Bowling Green 22 hr lint lover 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs