Deputy Sheriff Tommy Brown

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Time2Tell

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Okay, here it is. Tommy Brown was in fact a duly-sworn deputy sheriff, but was acting, at the time of the incident, as a court appointed bailiff. So how is he considered during this investigation, the position he was sworn in as or the position he held at the time.

First, what training/certification did he have? Certification for the deputy position or the bailiff's position.

Now, for the more serious situation. As a bailiff, he was acting on his own, without the authority of a 'badge,' but as a deputy sheriff he had a different authority. His actions were still the same and any charges, if brought, should be the same.

As a bailiff or a deputy sheriff, he still did what he did and any investigation should be conducted the same. The big concern would be liability. If he were considered a deputy sheriff at the time, then the Sheriff's Department would be held civilly responsibility. This is a HUGE difference!!!!!

Would this sway an investigation? For Brandon's sake and his family, I hope not! And don't blast this post.....this is a fact!!!
BGInsider

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This changes a lot if true!!!!!
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 3, 2013
 
See post number 73 on the shooting on the bypass thread. I was going on what I was told by someone that would know. I don't know how it plays since he was assigned to court security.
Cha Cha

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Yall have to get it right, he was not a dep.sheriff, he was court appointed security. He has a week of training in law enforcement. That was in the paper Friday. He had no right to even act as a cop unless judge says take your prisoner. He did have a CCDW. He was legal to have gun, but wasn't legal to murder a man.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Cha Cha wrote:
Yall have to get it right, he was not a dep.sheriff, he was court appointed security. He has a week of training in law enforcement. That was in the paper Friday. He had no right to even act as a cop unless judge says take your prisoner. He did have a CCDW. He was legal to have gun, but wasn't legal to murder a man.
Has not been proven he murdered a man. He did kill a man. A jury decides if it was murder. Not a mob.
Lone Ranger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

IF IF IF IF IF what I heard is true, Brandon was shot in the back of the neck/shoulder area. IF IF IF IF IF that is true then it was murder. There are a lot of details to work out but Tommy should be held until charges were either filed or decided against.
Wondering

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 4, 2013
 
Is Tommy Brown around? Will he be at the funeral?
Yes

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 26, 2013
 
Makes you wonder what bailiffs at the courthouse get away with at times.
what

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

This case should have had a change of venue to present to a grand jury. No fair trial or indictment would have occured in the county the shooting took place in.
bgky

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 7, 2013
 
From what I know of this incident, it seems as though there was a "dual" of sort. Under Kentucky Law every person has a right to be wherever they are legally able to be and has a right to defend himself including deadly force. Maybe this case will spur a new law that demands a "duty to retreat", if nothing is done, what future presidence does this case have? Something needs to be addressed here. Will there be more meaningless deaths?
English Teacher

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 7, 2013
 
PEOPLE LET IT GO!!! You keep bringing it up like it's going to change things. You are not the judge and jury. The case has been closed. Time to move on!
RU Serious

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

"Duty to retreat"? Are you shittin' me? Don't try to pussify the whole damn Country just because your boy made the mistake of pulling his gun on the wrong guy! God knows the Trayvon supporters are doing a good enough job of that. I understand that you're butt-hurt but listen to yourself! "Duty to retreat" is just bad policy for would-be victims of violent crime.
Funny

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 7, 2013
 
RU Serious wrote:
"Duty to retreat"? Are you shittin' me? Don't try to pussify the whole damn Country just because your boy made the mistake of pulling his gun on the wrong guy! God knows the Trayvon supporters are doing a good enough job of that. I understand that you're butt-hurt but listen to yourself! "Duty to retreat" is just bad policy for would-be victims of violent crime.
And your stupid ass just keeps commenting back. Both sides are pathetic like a bunch of idiots arguing over nothing. It's over let it go.
RU Serious

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

"Funny",

Now hold on there. Personally, I didn't know either of them and am not really on either "side". However, it's obvious to me that the Bradshaw side seems to be the most irrational. What is alarming to me is the fact that this whole "duty to retreat"/anti-stand-your- ground sentiment actually has some supporters! They should rename their agenda "duty to be a sniveling coward in the face of aggression". Call me a "stupid ass" for contributing a comment as YOU, yourself, bump the thread up one more notch. Do you not see the irony in that?
Slayter

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Tommy Brown was the one that took it to the extreme, he thought he was a bad ass because he was pissed that Brandon pulled out in front of him or something. Tommy you piece of shit, people are going to drive wrecklessly every day, your mouth started the trouble, in today's day and age you can't mouth off without it getting out of hand. Brandon had the right to produce a gun if a madman like tommy brown is approaching you getting in your face. What if pretty little Ann Blair Thorton or some little cute girl had been sitting in that vechile and pulled a gun and the other party would have fired, you better bet they would be in jail. Tommy Brown will burn in hell someday, you just remember Tommy that at your age your closer to Gods judgment than anything else.
WRONG

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Slayter wrote:
Tommy Brown was the one that took it to the extreme, he thought he was a bad ass because he was pissed that Brandon pulled out in front of him or something. Tommy you piece of shit, people are going to drive wrecklessly every day, your mouth started the trouble, in today's day and age you can't mouth off without it getting out of hand. Brandon had the right to produce a gun if a madman like tommy brown is approaching you getting in your face. What if pretty little Ann Blair Thorton or some little cute girl had been sitting in that vechile and pulled a gun and the other party would have fired, you better bet they would be in jail. Tommy Brown will burn in hell someday, you just remember Tommy that at your age your closer to Gods judgment than anything else.
You're WRONG! It was Bradshaw's fault! That's what the courts said.
got screwed

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 11, 2013
 
What a bunch of fools...you keep saying God will judge but yet you say who is guilty...practice what you preach and let the FBI continue the investigation...none of you know any facts...all you know is what you heard...YOU WERE NOT THERE...YOU ARE ALL HYPOCRITES TO BE JUDGING ANYTHING
Mike

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 30, 2013
 
Wonder how tommy celebrated thanksgiving.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mike wrote:
Wonder how tommy celebrated thanksgiving.
I bet he's thankful that he was able to successfully defend himself when a belligerent guy with a history of drug use and behavior problems threatened his life with a gun.
Thank you

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

They Call Me Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he's thankful that he was able to successfully defend himself when a belligerent guy with a history of drug use and behavior problems threatened his life with a gun.
I could not have said that any better!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min S C A 138,642
Bush hogging and mowing 9 min Love it 1
jalessa owmby 13 min Android 141
You Worry Me 13 min Bella 5
Robby Halsell 18 min Tweet 1
hot guy at container world 23 min need to know 1
kiss for the guys in sweats at ramada 30 min Wow 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••