Cheap "Securus" Correctional Billing Service phone calls.

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Inmate Famly

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Apr 9, 2011
If you have a family member or friend doing time in a prison or jail who has a "pre-pay" or collect call service , a CHEAP way to do it is to get a Cell phone or internet phone service and get a phone number on your phone with a local number to the prison or jail the inmate is in , so say Western Ky. Correctional Complex is in Fredonia Ky. zip code 42411 , ask your phone company for a Fredonia Ky. number , they'll send you either a SIM's card for your phone to allow your phone to have that area's local number , even tho you're in another city or state and when the inmate call's your phone , it'll be a local call for him or her and it'll just cost you the local call fee , rather than the higher long distance call fee. Hope this help's in these hard time's.
What I think

Glasgow, KY

#2 Apr 10, 2011
Who cares if they in jail they don't need to be making any phone calls anyway. The jails should charge them 10 dollars a minute when they do get to call. I have no sympathy for prisoners if they can do the crime let them do the time. Jail is not a motel

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nope

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#3 Apr 11, 2011
Inmate Famly wrote:
If you have a family member or friend doing time in a prison or jail who has a "pre-pay" or collect call service , a CHEAP way to do it is to get a Cell phone or internet phone service and get a phone number on your phone with a local number to the prison or jail the inmate is in , so say Western Ky. Correctional Complex is in Fredonia Ky. zip code 42411 , ask your phone company for a Fredonia Ky. number , they'll send you either a SIM's card for your phone to allow your phone to have that area's local number , even tho you're in another city or state and when the inmate call's your phone , it'll be a local call for him or her and it'll just cost you the local call fee , rather than the higher long distance call fee. Hope this help's in these hard time's.
Don't know about local facilities, but all state-run facilities use a third-party provider (like Securus) for ALL outgoing inmate calls. It wouldn't matter if you had a local number and lived right next door to the institution, you'd still have to pay a collect call charge in order to receive calls from an inmate there. Remember, making phone calls is a privilege given to the inmates, not a right. The institutions use these providers to generate extra revenue for the facility.
Inmate Family

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Apr 11, 2011
I've gotten a local number on a pre-paid cell phone for a Federal prison in West Va. and a State prison in Ky. both used Securus "Correctional Billing " and I saved money on MY end for the family member could call home . Just passing along the tip so that families with someone in prison , I hear it alot about spending alot for phone call's .
BGMom

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Apr 11, 2011
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about local facilities, but all state-run facilities use a third-party provider (like Securus) for ALL outgoing inmate calls. It wouldn't matter if you had a local number and lived right next door to the institution, you'd still have to pay a collect call charge in order to receive calls from an inmate there. Remember, making phone calls is a privilege given to the inmates, not a right. The institutions use these providers to generate extra revenue for the facility.
Yes u do still have to pay for the call, but there is a big difference in the price of the calls between local and long distance calls from an inmate. So getting a local number can save about 70% on each call .
smart a

Northfield, MN

#7 Apr 12, 2011
What I think wrote:
Who cares if they in jail they don't need to be making any phone calls anyway. The jails should charge them 10 dollars a minute when they do get to call. I have no sympathy for prisoners if they can do the crime let them do the time. Jail is not a motel
Your a mean person and u no ain't no one person Perfect some people make mistakes and u know what if u was in there shoes u would feel a little different about this and its for there family's and it seems u don't have no part of this so way comment bi#ch
Thanks

Alliance, OH

#8 Apr 29, 2011
thanks for the tip! I had a family member in Western KY and when they called to Bowlinggreen it was the same price as when they called from right down town.$4.98, it may be different now because its been several years. Oh and for the Person called what I think, NO one really cares what you think, sometimes in life things happen to people that wasnt intended and they end up paying the price, so while your so perfect and nothing could ever happen to you, I hope and pray nothing ever happens to a loved one who makes a mistake, and yes those things happen. There are bad ppl in jail but there are some that have never done anything and suddenly one night make a wrong decison and boom lives are changed forever. That is what happend to us, and NO one in our family has ever seen the inside of a jail before that, so ,What I think, needs to wake up and know it can happen to you...
Inmate Family

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Apr 29, 2011
From Western Ky. Correctional Complex to B.G. it cost's me 2.08 per call , where if they call the local number it's 4.98 and when they were at W.V. federal prison it would cost like 6.25 per call to B.G. number got the local number and it was around 1.98 , so it can save someone some money to try .
sally

Bristol, ME

#10 Apr 30, 2011
can you tell me the number to set up account to call a friend, I am trying this number but it does not work, it is only to check account
Inmate Family

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Apr 30, 2011
Sally I think you're asking for Securus's "Correctional Billing" phone number ?
It's 1-800-844-6591
yeah right

Harwich, MA

#12 May 18, 2011
What I think wrote:
Yeah, you should be locked up for your idiocy. Even IF the INMATE doesn't deserve to call his/her family is being punished enough for his/her mistake and SHOULD NOT be punished worse by not being able to talk to their loved one. Judging from that idiotic reply I'd bet you've done something at some point in your life that would have gotten you incarcerated just got lucky enough not to. Not to mention the percentage of people who are locked up and are INNOCENT is rising. No one is perfect and people's families and possibly children SHOULD NOT have to pay for their loved ones mistakes jack a$$. get a life, and while you're at it get a clue. People like you should be euthanized for humanities sake just in case the lack of brain cells is genetic.
People these days

Miami, FL

#13 Jul 10, 2011
What I think wrote:
Well since no one really cares what you think and your comment was pointless let me explain a little something family care and I pray to god not every one in your family is so heartless as your coming off to be no matter what that person did to be in jail someone care and im so glad that you pay taxes to pay for there inhouse in jail lmao so you can take your B!TCHY A$$ attitude and your COLDHEARTED personaility and shove it and by the way i have no sympathy for people like your self :)
Patricia Cannon

Denver, CO

#14 Jul 17, 2011
I will pray for you. Who put you here to judge? I hope you don't have cildren and know what it is to go through having a child locked up. You are a very selfish person. Yes, people do make mistakes and they should pay for their mistakes. Who is paying for yours? The bible teaches us to be forgiving, not judges.
What I think wrote:
BadaBing

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2011
What I think wrote:
Next time you should try drinking Decaf, or putting some Lavender on your pillow. If that don't work... go play in traffic!!

Since: Jul 11

El Monte, CA

#16 Jul 28, 2011
What I think wrote:
Who cares what a hole like u thinks lol
darlene

Nacogdoches, TX

#17 Aug 5, 2011
What I think wrote:
God forbid you (or a loved one) get into an accident fr example a car wreck that badly injures or kills someone else, and although by accident its your (or their) fault and your sentenced to prison. But if something were to happen landing you in prison I hope you get to stay in touch with your family.Except I hope they charge you and only you 10$ per minute!!
to- what i think

Irwin, PA

#18 Aug 14, 2011
hope to god for your sake nobody you know goes to prison, or yourself. and may i remind you not every one who is doing time is guilty. there are plenty of innocent people in jail. maybe you should think with your head and not your ass, also they r not the ones who are paying for the phone calls, civilians are, so why the hell should i or anyone be punished for what someone else did!?!
What I think wrote:
GOD

Palos Heights, IL

#20 Sep 24, 2011
Inmate Family wrote:
I've gotten a local number on a pre-paid cell phone for a Federal prison in West Va. and a State prison in Ky. both used Securus "Correctional Billing " and I saved money on MY end for the family member could call home . Just passing along the tip so that families with someone in prison , I hear it alot about spending alot for phone call's .
Sounds to me like the real crooks are on the wrong side of the bars. Wonder how nany dicks they sucked to get this scam going
On Point

Lubbock, TX

#21 Sep 24, 2011
Inmate Famly wrote:
You are right on point. I have been doing this for the three years that my fiance has been locked up. The phone calls are rated about one-third of the cost of a non-local number. Just remember, if your inmate is transported to a different facility, you need to get the number changed to that locale. It's very simple to do. I've done it at least 4 times since he's been locked up. Great advise to people who love their people unconditionally.
On Point

Lubbock, TX

#22 Sep 24, 2011
What I think wrote:
How bout you go fall off the face of this earth, you stupid dip-shit! I'm betting nobody would have any sympathy for your dumbass either. Your time is coming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Nutz 152,804
Song Title Game (Feb '12) 1 hr Brainsneeze 1,750
Denny's 1 hr miss 2
Time to wake up America (Jan '13) 1 hr Storm Clouds Gath... 1,875
BG too liberal for Weed Legalization? 1 hr I LOVE CANNABIS 5
sprint, t-mobile, or bluegrass (Feb '14) 3 hr miss 20
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr haaaaaaa 4,133
WTH was going on at Walmart Morgantown rd 11 hr just a thought 20
isis in BG 13 hr Lone Ranger 38
Former anchor returning to wbko 18 hr Tango Mike 93
•••
•••
•••