Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 20 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65811 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You know what? You are right. Those scum bags killed a human being, where is the big topic about that?
This world is all kinds of screwed up Pete.
I personally think that public hangings should be brought back. Scum bags like those killers would make a fine double hanging.
A man was (allegedly) murdered near my hometown last year by his niece and her boyfriend. They (allegedly) duct taped him to a chair in his own living room while they emptied his bank account buying drugs. He (allegedly) slowly died of dehydration while they left him there waiting for his next disability check to be available on his bank card.
I say they should both be publicly hanged if convicted.
Pretty birds and lovely stories about squabs, indeed.
For once I have to agree with you Pete. Its really screwed up that a humans life being taken garners less discussion that a few birds dying.
Thanks for your reply. When public hangings were discontinued, then Gov. Happy Chandler said, "The streets will no longer be safe".

Unfortunately, hanging someone will not bring back the loved ones lost to acts of murder. The hangings were discontinued after articles were written in Chicago newspapers, among others, describing the carnival-like atmosphere during the last public hanging in Owensboro, Ky., 1936

IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65817 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your reply. When public hangings were discontinued, then Gov. Happy Chandler said, "The streets will no longer be safe".
Unfortunately, hanging someone will not bring back the loved ones lost to acts of murder. The hangings were discontinued after articles were written in Chicago newspapers, among others, describing the carnival-like atmosphere during the last public hanging in Owensboro, Ky., 1936
Do you know anything else about the woman that was murdered? What kind of person she was, things like that?

The man I commented about was a real human being. He would give someone the shirt off his back, even though he lived very frugal himself. He rode around on a bicycle picking up cans for extra money. He had saved most of his disability money. The dopers (allegedly)went through what took him years to save, in weeks.
I think public hangings were a good thing from many perspectives. The public could see the judgements carried out in capitol crimes. And possible capital criminals could see the results of heinous actions in person.
The closed door lethal injections of today are lacking those qualities.
I say if they are to be executed anyway, hang 'em high, for all to see. Right on the courthouse lawn.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65819 Aug 1, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Really, I don't think anyone knows the real reason the birds are dying. People have theories, always but nobody knows.
It seems odd to have happened 40 miles from the nations ONLY gaseous diffusion plant. The Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant provides uranium enrichment for nuclear power plants in America, and around the world.
IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65820 Aug 1, 2012
Public hangings may have made people on jurys think hard before handing down a guilty verdict.
And also made criminals think hard about stealing a horse. Or committing other capitol crimes.

My county still has a law on the books stating that stealing a horse is a hanging offense.
Of course its not observed, but its still there all the same.
IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65823 Aug 1, 2012
Looks like none of the big heated regular crew cared much at all about the poor woman that was murdered Pete.
I hope you took notice of that fact.
Tell your friends.
Sometimes the man yelling wolf actually seen a wolf. And called it like he seen it.

In other words: Told it like it was.

It is what it is Pete.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65824 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>It seems odd to have happened 40 miles from the nations ONLY gaseous diffusion plant. The Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant provides uranium enrichment for nuclear power plants in America, and around the world.
Sounds like Uranium Oxide Hexafluoride Gas was released.{UF6}

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65826 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know anything else about the woman that was murdered? What kind of person she was, things like that?
The man I commented about was a real human being. He would give someone the shirt off his back, even though he lived very frugal himself. He rode around on a bicycle picking up cans for extra money. He had saved most of his disability money. The dopers (allegedly)went through what took him years to save, in weeks.
I think public hangings were a good thing from many perspectives. The public could see the judgements carried out in capitol crimes. And possible capital criminals could see the results of heinous actions in person.
The closed door lethal injections of today are lacking those qualities.
I say if they are to be executed anyway, hang 'em high, for all to see. Right on the courthouse lawn.
The lady that was murdered was a very good person, just as you described, and was poor and defenseless as well. She practically raised her nephew. Having narrowly escaped being blown away in a tornado, which demolished her home, she moved in with her nephew and his wife. Their acts of cruelty to her were mentioned later, by various acquaintances, after their arrest.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#65828 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>The lady that was murdered was a very good person, just as you described, and was poor and defenseless as well. She practically raised her nephew. Having narrowly escaped being blown away in a tornado, which demolished her home, she moved in with her nephew and his wife. Their acts of cruelty to her were mentioned later, by various acquaintances, after their arrest.
The people who killed her should be publicly hanged for all to see.
The man I commented on had let his niece and her boyfriend into his home for no other reason than to help them out. They (allegedly) taped him to an easy chair and let him die in misery. For money! They took a human life for money.

Off on a tangent now.
The world is screwed. More and more everyday. Can you imagine whats going to happen when people start to get hungry? I mean really hungry?
I am considering heading into the mountains to live as a hermit for the rest of my days. I don't know what you western Ky fellows are going to do. You have the land between the lakes, but that will fill up fast. Best of luck when the SHTF Pete.
I hope you are a gun owner.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65829 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>The people who killed her should be publicly hanged for all to see.
The man I commented on had let his niece and her boyfriend into his home for no other reason than to help them out. They (allegedly) taped him to an easy chair and let him die in misery. For money! They took a human life for money.
Off on a tangent now.
The world is screwed. More and more everyday. Can you imagine whats going to happen when people start to get hungry? I mean really hungry?
I am considering heading into the mountains to live as a hermit for the rest of my days. I don't know what you western Ky fellows are going to do. You have the land between the lakes, but that will fill up fast. Best of luck when the SHTF Pete.
I hope you are a gun owner.
I tried to be a hermit 4 or 5 times, society wouldn't support it.
IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65831 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I tried to be a hermit 4 or 5 times, society wouldn't support it.
LMAO-
You must not have ever watched grizzly Addams.
I have put into society and paid that evil FICA man for the biggest part of my life. Where is FICA now, when I need it?

Its almost MY time. I could do it. I HAVE done it for months before. In six more years I will go, for good.
As long as the S don't HTF sooner, that is.

The human world is getting uglier and uglier. At least you know where you stand against a bear or a copperhead. I am fortunate enough to live in a place that could sustain me indefinitely if need be.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65833 Aug 1, 2012
Grizzly Adams never had kidney stones.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#65836 Aug 1, 2012
Hi, all, great night to you , as I pray your day has been also. It has been a long one , to say the least. May the song birds, sing to you with sweet harmony and fill your soul with happy slumber.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65846 Aug 1, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>You are welcome, maybe I got to close to that whitewall cleaner , when cleaning my car?..lol
No just when you cant live in a blessed world at least you can wish it for others ...... I do have to admit, though, you really do crack me up sometimes. Wishes for ya , whatever they may be.
Thanks, I guess. LOL.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#65850 Aug 1, 2012
Take it easy , yall. Calling it a night.. Here is you both a song to rest your minds.

Go to sleep my little babies, Moma's done gone with red dress on dont need no other little babe
Go to sleep my little babie, You and me and the devil makes three, dont need no body but the babe....

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65852 Aug 1, 2012
Let's all jump on the couch and look innocent!

<taps foot while waiting>

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65855 Aug 1, 2012
trusted wrote:
Take it easy , yall. Calling it a night.. Here is you both a song to rest your minds.
Go to sleep my little babies, Moma's done gone with red dress on dont need no other little babe
Go to sleep my little babie, You and me and the devil makes three, dont need no body but the babe....
If you don't mind, tomorrow post the name of that whitewall tire cleaner. Thanks.

Teddy.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65856 Aug 1, 2012
Fraggle Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Uranium Oxide Hexafluoride Gas was released.{UF6}
That is a very good observation. The event took place in the winter and the wind is typically out of the North that time of year. It would have only taken a few hours to disperse 40 miles South of the plant.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#65857 Aug 2, 2012
It is what it is.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#65858 Aug 2, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
It is what it is.
Yeah it's a phony, an imposter.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65859 Aug 2, 2012
The FICA man doesn't send quite enough for high living, but as for living in an area that will sustain me indefinitely... Don't be jealous, but I am already there except for TV and internet that I would probably be better off without. But it all depends on one's health which can change overnight and my nearest neighbor is about away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should Owsley co. be the fist town in Kentucky... 1 hr What 2
frozen creek (Sep '06) 6 hr Foggie 315
Looking for Teresa Spencer (Robert Spencer's wi... 6 hr jraleigh 3
Minister 7 hr roadrunner 3
Does Art Dean share a woman Sun Lord ohh mighty 5
Stuck up May 2 voter 7
Larry Montgomery - Stolen car from Lexington En... Apr 30 Donnie Smith 4
More from around the web

Booneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE