Man Runs Stop Sign, Crashes Into Tree

Full story: NBC 30 Hartford

Police said a man suffered severe upper body and head trauma after he skidded through a stop sign and crashed into a tree.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Old car guy

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

I wonder how fast he was going?
David

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

His first mistake was buying a Golf.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

His last mistake may have been speeding in it.
Dakota Michaud

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Honesty why would you say something stupid like his first mistake was buying a golf. This kid is my friend and he was just shortly ago annouced to be in stable condition. He almost fucking died and all you have is a dumb comment about driving a golf. Some people just irritate me. For everyone that reads this and knows jake we all hope for the best.
EinCT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

We dont know what happened. The story doesnt specify. His breaks could have gone out, he could have skidded on wet leaves (Ive had that happen)- we dont know. It said he skidded through a stop sign - which proves he was trying to stop.

As usually, not enough information provided by the writer to make any comments
mother of driver

Willington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

David wrote:
His first mistake was buying a Golf.
you don't have all the info. why even write something? He's an 18 year old going into senior year in ICU clinging to life- thanks for the compassion.
mother of driver

Willington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Dakota Michaud wrote:
Honesty why would you say something stupid like his first mistake was buying a golf. This kid is my friend and he was just shortly ago annouced to be in stable condition. He almost fucking died and all you have is a dumb comment about driving a golf. Some people just irritate me. For everyone that reads this and knows jake we all hope for the best.
Thank you Dakota. He's not exactly stable but I do appreciate your comments.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

It always amazes me in these types of forums how people who are supposed to be more concerned about close friends and family who have been in crashes and are in critical condition still have time to respond to other posters.

If my kid were in the ICU, worrying about what anyone writes on some stupid blog or chat forum would be the VERY last on my mind or to do list.
Crash site neighbor

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

My heart goes out to the family and friends of Jake. I was at the scene on Sunday morning, it was no scene any parent ever wants to witness! I heard the crash, called 911 and tried to do what I could until help arrived. Being the mom of an 18 year old son, I can't even begin to understand what this family is going thru! It doesn't matter speed, type of car or any other rude remarks. Let's all pray that this young man survives the crash and continues to improve everyday!
Miami

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

mother of driver wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have all the info. why even write something? He's an 18 year old going into senior year in ICU clinging to life- thanks for the compassion.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Sam Davis

Naugatuck, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

Jake is great guy God be with him and help him through this. He was in all my classes this past year and never once did any wrong to anybody, its sad that bad thing happen to good people, as for you david you can shut the hell up. I mean really man??? he's a great kid who almost died and your buggin about his car choice?? what happened to the world we live in?

Jake i pray every night that i'll see you in school next year, the parking lot wont be the same without your vw next to my audi.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bolton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bolton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance