John Doe

Seymour, IN

#1 Aug 11, 2009
Is there a story behind the pronunciation of Bogata?
Miss Kitty

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Just a mispelling. It is pronounced BOGOTA, like in Columbia.
John Doe

Seymour, IN

#3 Aug 17, 2009
Miss Kitty wrote:
Thank you!
Miss Kitty

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Aug 18, 2009
You're quite welcome.
resident

New Caney, TX

#5 Aug 18, 2009
In other words.... ignorant people named the town, mispelled the name, stayed here, and reproduced.
Miss Kitty

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Aug 19, 2009
Actually it was the Government who mispelled the name sent in through the post office back in the early 20's. An a can look close to an o when writing. What's your problem? You just like going around insulting folks? You sound like a real sweetheart. Must be fun living with you. LOL!

Why so bitter? Did mommy, and daddy mistreat you as a child? If not? They maybe should have spanked your little rear end a few more times. I'm sure you must make them proud. How pathetic. Now get off the computer, and get ready to catch that school bus little boy, or little girl.
resident

New Caney, TX

#7 Aug 19, 2009
If you don't fall in the category then don't be offended.......otherwise, you prove my previous post.
Miss Kitty

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Aug 20, 2009
The only response I have for you? Pathetic. It must give you some kind of ego trip to trash someone's hometown. I find you petty, arrogant, and very immature in your insults. Very immature.
Marshall Dylan

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Jun 28, 2011
It is pronounced Buh-Goat-Uh , dumbass.
Miss Kitty wrote:
RueStir

Roanoke, TX

#10 Dec 19, 2011
The mispelling of Bogata happend at the federal level, possibly bad hand writing when the town applied for a postal code.
justme

United States

#11 Dec 19, 2011
Bogata sucks its just another word for nasty white girls and mexicans it's just a nasty little place ewww...
John Doe

Seymour, IN

#12 Dec 20, 2011
you mad?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bogata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 22,579
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr fubar 18,346
Lonely Country girl Lookin 4 Attention (Dec '11) Tue a voter 6
David Barnett Commissioner of NOTHING (Mar '12) Mon a voter 22
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
Blossom Masonic Lodge fire 5/29/14 Sep 12 cash 5
•••

Bogata News Video

•••
•••

Bogata Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bogata People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••