Boaz Teen Killed in Wreck Before School

Full story: WHNT News 19

A wreck near Boaz High School Monday morning killed one student and injured two others.
Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Andrew

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

We are going to miss you Luis.
tonya

Evergreen, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

16 is just way to young to be out driving they needed to be still rideing the school bus
Melissa E

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

First of all I would like to send my condolences to the families of these teens, their friends, and all those that love them. May you find peace in this your darkest hour.

But I would also like to say: This is why the age for a drivers license needs to be raised. 16 year old children (for the most part) are NOT responsible enough to be released with a moving weapon. Yes I said weapon. There have been more lives lost due to young drivers lack of maturity, lack of respect for the vehicle's ability to become a moving weapon, lack of respect for laws that MOST adult's adhere to, and the inability to understand the consequences of speed, lack of attention, and other drivers.
Alli

Arab, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the young boy. This proves the point that even at 16 you are too young to be turned loose on the road. I was one. I had a wreck not even a month after I turned 16. Thankfully my parents knew to not turn me loose in a brand new car that only race car drivers should drive. Please something needs to be done and to parents that think your 16 year old needs a new car that is made for speed please think again. If they are going to keep the driving age at 16 get your kid a safe car.
Pam - Boaz

Trussville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

Melissa E wrote:
First of all I would like to send my condolences to the families of these teens, their friends, and all those that love them. May you find peace in this your darkest hour.
But I would also like to say: This is why the age for a drivers license needs to be raised. 16 year old children (for the most part) are NOT responsible enough to be released with a moving weapon. Yes I said weapon. There have been more lives lost due to young drivers lack of maturity, lack of respect for the vehicle's ability to become a moving weapon, lack of respect for laws that MOST adult's adhere to, and the inability to understand the consequences of speed, lack of attention, and other drivers.
I think you should have stopped after your first sentence. As the old saying goes, there is a time and a place for everything, and this is not the time or the place to preach your opinions, families are hurting tonight and that is all that matters now. Please have more compassion for the families involved, do you really think they want to hear this now?
T-Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

Pam-Boaz: I understand where you are coming from. I am sure that most people do have the compassion you say there is a lack of, but from one teens irresponsibilty, one other teen is in critical condition. This should be a wake-up call to all the other families who have teens themselves. The death of such a young life is very sad, under any circumstance, but our teens who drive must understand they are not invincible. If you think Melissa E's post was inappropiate,I have to say it was very mild compared to what will follow.
Pam - Boaz

Trussville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

T-Girl wrote:
Pam-Boaz: I understand where you are coming from. I am sure that most people do have the compassion you say there is a lack of, but from one teens irresponsibilty, one other teen is in critical condition. This should be a wake-up call to all the other families who have teens themselves. The death of such a young life is very sad, under any circumstance, but our teens who drive must understand they are not invincible. If you think Melissa E's post was inappropiate,I have to say it was very mild compared to what will follow.
It does not matter how mild or harsh the comments are in respect to teen drivers, my point remains the same, this is not the time to debate the driving age, a child has been killed and two others hurt, lets pray for their familes during this most difficult time.
T-Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Pam-Boaz: These posts are for discussions on how people feel and what is on their minds. I have read other posts, and believe me, this post will not escape it. If it does, I will be truly amazed.
you are absolutely right, a child has been killed, the parents are greiving and my heart goes out to them, but when you think about it long enough one does have the tendency to get mad at the senselessness of this tragedy. I agree with you and Melissa E. Sorry.
jennifer pruitt

Inola, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

they were probably late for school. And this is a shame.
Boazmom

Guntersville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

"It does not matter how mild or harsh the comments are in respect to teen drivers, my point remains the same, this is not the time to debate the driving age, a child has been killed and two others hurt, lets pray for their familes during this most difficult time. "

Pam-Boaz: I know this is a very hurtful moment for the families involved..however, this is the moment to talk about teens driving..otherwise nobody would care about this topic.
Heartbroken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

This is the worst tragedy possible for a parent. My family is friends with the father of the killed driver. I cannot imagine the grief of burying my child. This is not the place for rude comments.
Pam - Boaz

Trussville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Heartbroken wrote:
This is the worst tragedy possible for a parent. My family is friends with the father of the killed driver. I cannot imagine the grief of burying my child. This is not the place for rude comments.
THANK YOU! I knew there had to be one person out there with some compassion.
Mother Who Understands

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

My heartfelt sympathy goes to family grieving their loss...lean on God and pray..He will never leave you in this dark time. Prayers are with the
young man with a broken neck, I pray for a speedy recovery for you and my prayers are with all of you during this hard time. God bless!!

I agree with Pam-Boaz...now is not the time for you harsh comments about teen drivers. There is a time and place for everything but now isn't that time nor is this the place. I myself know all to well the pain of losing your child in a car accident. I lost my son who was 21 on Valentine's day 2009. So yes I can tell you first hand...your comments are not uplifting to these families right now!!! They need your support and your love and your prayers!!! I'm living in hell everyday even after a year of losing my son...the pain NEVER goes away!!! And unless you've lost a child yourself you do not know the pain that is felt losing one of your babies!!
So I'm asking you, please be more uplifting right now- not negative. Thank you!!
Melissa E

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

Pam - Boaz wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should have stopped after your first sentence. As the old saying goes, there is a time and a place for everything, and this is not the time or the place to preach your opinions, families are hurting tonight and that is all that matters now. Please have more compassion for the families involved, do you really think they want to hear this now?
You have the right to your opinion Pam. I can respect that. But, this is a public forum about the death of one TEEN DRIVER and the life of another that is forever changed because of a TEEN DRIVER'S ERROR. This IS EXACTLY the place to discuss this. Do you honestly believe that the parents of these teens are taking time from their grieving to read our thoughts and opinions? If it were MY child, I know that I wouldn't. I have complete compassion for these children's families. To be honest, since I have teens of my own, I don't even want to think about the pain they are bearing. But this story highlights the danger of CHILDREN behind the wheel of a vehicle without parental supervision.

As for the ignorant person that put in the tacky little comment "mexicans" SHAME ON YOU! These were children from families that are now destroyed because of an accident. Whatever their nationality, race, gender, or sexual orientation (you KNOW that'll be brought up) these children, their families, friends, and loved ones DO NOT need ignorant, racist comments.
michelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

i would like to reply to meissa comment my nephew was in this car this morning I can agree this not not not the time to discuss this. shame on you you should be praying for the families not putting blame on them bacuase it could happen to you or child!!!! what if that was your child laid there. we never know far as we know it very well could me you. shame on you you need keep your damn mouth shut abouty stuff you dont know b/c if you have lost someone you understand shame on you whatever old saying what comes around goes around
Road Killer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

michelle wrote:
i would like to reply to meissa comment my nephew was in this car this morning I can agree this not not not the time to discuss this. shame on you you should be praying for the families not putting blame on them bacuase it could happen to you or child!!!! what if that was your child laid there. we never know far as we know it very well could me you. shame on you you need keep your damn mouth shut abouty stuff you dont know b/c if you have lost someone you understand shame on you whatever old saying what comes around goes around
"praying for the families"... obviously prayer isnt' going to work when they wont even listen to reasoning. NONE of the boys were wearing seatbelts!!! And the driver was going almost twice the speed limit.

Wait until the lawsuits happen to the driver's family for this child's recklessness. This is a lesson for many paarents of teenagers. I think the passengers deserve all the money the family receives from their auto insurance, it stinks that a young life was lost but look at the damage he left behind.
Agree with Melissa E

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

I agree with Melissa E, I feel sorry for the families and they do have all my prayers right know,but she is right this is a public forum for people to discuss thier opinions and thoughts. This is no harsher than what happens with any tragedy and when it starts getting discussed. And she is also right that if you do not bring the subject up now, the intrest for most people to discuss the matter will die down.
Melissa and Michelle

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

My newphew is the one that was in the backseat of this certain car. I work nights at a pediatric hospital and looked on the news for the information about the wreak. I was sleeping during the day when it happen. I was trying to find information about the wreak. I was shock at the discussion I saw. My newphew loss a friend, a mother loss a son, and classmates lose a classmate. Life is so precious and it is so sad that people in today's world is more concern with money and laws and not about the human life. Being a pediatric nurse I see things that should never happen to children, but the really is that is does. Children look up to us adults to see how we behave in certain situtaion. It does not matter whose fault it is or why it happen. Bottom line it happen. I attend UAH school and was shock at the shooting, but it was not about the shooting, it was about the lives lost. It should be a time for the family to morn and grive for having lost of the most precious gift in the world. It is ashamed how adults live and do not respect the griving process. It is truly important and this should be used for the griving of the lost child. Not about laws or money. Laws are important, but people need to respect each other. The first posting is what this is all about. I could have loss my newphew, but GOD watch over him.
Please have respect
Andrew
Albertville, AL
We are going to miss you Luis.
Thank you Melissa and Michelle (The Aunts)
Agree with Melissa E

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Too Michelle, she is obviously upset and that is understandable, but telling someone to keep their D%^$ Mouth shut, is rude and not very Christian no matter how bad you are hurting. Melissa E was not trying to blame anyone, but I guess thru the pain you can not see that she is just trying to get people to understand the tragedy so that it won't happen to another person's child. Maybe that is why when the pain is fresh, people involved and close to the victims should try not to read these forums so things are not taken out of context.
Deja Vu

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

The reason people point out the failings of young teenage drivers is to make such tragedies less frequent. There is nothing wrong with trying to save lives this way. Driving standards and ages are way more lax in the US than other developed countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boaz Discussions

Search the Boaz Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Give me a break 203
Catfished Jul 24 Kelly 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
Another meth arrest. Tom crane Jul 20 flo_knows 7
What can I do in this town tonight? Jul 19 Susan 3
Court referral and color code (Jan '14) Jul 13 Javier 4
Woman taken to hospital after police chase thro... Jul 9 Dossett2-0 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Boaz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••