201 - 220 of 235 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2013

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

If it wasn't for Clinton the the steel mills wouldn,t be located in Blytheville.
New Nucor employee

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

i got on a nucor yesterday and it was 1 week process.
sent them a resume on monday tues they called set up phone interview for wed. called me up to meet them on friday. now this is the one in decatur alabama. but still it was not all that bad.

Malvern, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Well aint you special...eat a d!ck tard
New Nucor employee wrote:
i got on a nucor yesterday and it was 1 week process.
sent them a resume on monday tues they called set up phone interview for wed. called me up to meet them on friday. now this is the one in decatur alabama. but still it was not all that bad.
City Planner

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

I think all Nucor Yamato employees should be required to live in Mississippi County, Arkansas.
That would help home values ... as well as the schools in Mississippi County.

That is not asking much .... considering the tax benefits that have been provided to Nucor Yamato by MISSISSIPPI COUNTY!
Street Department

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

We were told we're going to build toll booths at all the city limits when the street money comes through. I think the Mayor said something about getting everyone COMING & GOING.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Street Department wrote:
We were told we're going to build toll booths at all the city limits when the street money comes through. I think the Mayor said something about getting everyone COMING & GOING.
Sounds good to me. I suggest charging drivers that do not have Blytheville address.

Misissippi County should not be providing jobs for Missouri and Tennessee.
Barbara

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me. I suggest charging drivers that do not have Blytheville address.
The city could never put anything on the interstate just like they can't patrol it, and you can get to all of the steel facilities without entering Blytheville beyond passing through on the interstate.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>
The city could never put anything on the interstate just like they can't patrol it, and you can get to all of the steel facilities without entering Blytheville beyond passing through on the interstate.
wrong...city does patrol interstate
bro mine

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
First, most of you wouldn't last a week at Nucor. You can't do drugs and you have to get to work on time. Second, Neither plant is in Blytheville. I think the city of Armorel should charge a toll to all the blytheville residents driving through their city, not only to work, but to school.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

bro mine wrote:
<quoted text>
First, most of you wouldn't last a week at Nucor. You can't do drugs and you have to get to work on time. Second, Neither plant is in Blytheville. I think the city of Armorel should charge a toll to all the blytheville residents driving through their city, not only to work, but to school.
That must be why Nucor always goes through Armorel to get their tax free bonds .... right??? NOT

Come back when you get an education ... and when you are not just a grunt worker at Nucor.
walkin-tall

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

City Planner wrote:
I think all Nucor Yamato employees should be required to live in Mississippi County, Arkansas.
That would help home values ... as well as the schools in Mississippi County.
That is not asking much .... considering the tax benefits that have been provided to Nucor Yamato by MISSISSIPPI COUNTY!
well ive been everywhere in the states and this happens everywhere and mississippi county doesnt have enough non drug users and good enough hard working people to supply nucor with enough employe's to run the demanding hrs they have to do all the places they have to fill you are lucky to have nucor yamato there.they could pull out and go to mexico or another state and leave you high and dry with no other jobs or income at all for youre poeple then blytheville will lose everything it does have.is that what you wish for? i dont it is so sad seeing the other towns like chattanooga tn who is tearing down a once big steel produceing company building right now for example
bro mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That must be why Nucor always goes through Armorel to get their tax free bonds .... right??? NOT
Come back when you get an education ... and when you are not just a grunt worker at Nucor.
You my poor friend are a moron. A tax free bond does not mean a company pays no taxes. It means the person who buys the bond that is issued does not pay taxes on the income because interest is paid on bonds. It is also called a municipal bond that entices investors to buy bonds for local projects because of the tax status. When schools are built, when water projects are constructed, all of these are built by the issuing of tax free municipal bonds. All cities, school districts ect issue bonds instead of depleting cash reserves while the maturity dates are generally spread out over time which makes it less expensive than borrowing money. When you get educated, you get back with me. I will be putting together a bond program to pay for pulling your head out of your arse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

bro mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You my poor friend are a moron. A tax free bond does not mean a company pays no taxes. It means the person who buys the bond that is issued does not pay taxes on the income because interest is paid on bonds. It is also called a municipal bond that entices investors to buy bonds for local projects because of the tax status. When schools are built, when water projects are constructed, all of these are built by the issuing of tax free municipal bonds. All cities, school districts ect issue bonds instead of depleting cash reserves while the maturity dates are generally spread out over time which makes it less expensive than borrowing money. When you get educated, you get back with me. I will be putting together a bond program to pay for pulling your head out of your arse
I believe you are the moron. I think you made a poor assumption, which makes an ass of you. I am confident I have sufficient education, and have probably forgot more about tax free bonds than you will ever know. So I am back with you. Now jerk your head out of your ass and tell me something I don't know, Mr. Wise Ass.
nucorpizo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Im wondering has any one noticed the smoke and toxic fumes coming out of pizo for over a week I no its on private property but you have a School around a mile or so maybe breathing this toxic of Carbon monoxide rated at about 600 to 400 ppm level was informed did not see result, but her what happened pizo makes briquetts out of furnace dust(lead)and (zinc) and other material mixed together caused a chemical reaction and now we have the briquetts burning at a high rate and causing a harmful gases employee and contractors inhaled yes we have proper ppe but we did not no what we was dealing with no one did a quility air test at the time of our complaint something was wrong was told to keep workin finaly employees complained about the problem and safety guy told them to stay off 3rd floor but we continued to work on other levels of floor which also showed bad signs of fumes no air sample was ever checked until 3rd day found out we was inhaleing carbon monixide and who knows what else many workers are sick now it took a out side heritage safety guy to request for the test please let your school no this has been going on 2-9-10 to2-23-2010 Note they cut east and south of building sheet meatal release all of this toxic into air born

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

nucorpizo wrote:
Im wondering has any one noticed the smoke and toxic fumes coming out of pizo for over a week I no its on private property but you have a School around a mile or so maybe breathing this toxic of Carbon monoxide rated at about 600 to 400 ppm level was informed did not see result, but her what happened pizo makes briquetts out of furnace dust(lead)and (zinc) and other material mixed together caused a chemical reaction and now we have the briquetts burning at a high rate and causing a harmful gases employee and contractors inhaled yes we have proper ppe but we did not no what we was dealing with no one did a quility air test at the time of our complaint something was wrong was told to keep workin finaly employees complained about the problem and safety guy told them to stay off 3rd floor but we continued to work on other levels of floor which also showed bad signs of fumes no air sample was ever checked until 3rd day found out we was inhaleing carbon monixide and who knows what else many workers are sick now it took a out side heritage safety guy to request for the test please let your school no this has been going on 2-9-10 to2-23-2010 Note they cut east and south of building sheet meatal release all of this toxic into air born
anything melt?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Try Pizo across the street not as Clean but you can make some money if you can put up with the Dust and Heat
hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong...city does patrol interstate
Yes they get on it. Only when county ask for them to check something. By Arkansas law they are not allowed to PATROL it. Don't beleive it.... look it up. Tyronza went through same thing when they built new rd through there...
Life is Peachy

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

nucorpizo wrote:
That is awful.
That may take years off of someones life. No telling how many will come down with cancer in the next 10years.
Guest from who knows

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

NuCor is not a place to work they discriminate and as long as Prevost is there nothing will change. Their reputation is falling apart everyday!!
Guest from who knows

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

walkin-tall wrote:
<quoted text> well ive been everywhere in the states and this happens everywhere and mississippi county doesnt have enough non drug users and good enough hard working people to supply nucor with enough employe's to run the demanding hrs they have to do all the places they have to fill you are lucky to have nucor yamato there.they could pull out and go to mexico or another state and leave you high and dry with no other jobs or income at all for youre poeple then blytheville will lose everything it does have.is that what you wish for? i dont it is so sad seeing the other towns like chattanooga tn who is tearing down a once big steel produceing company building right now for example
Who in there right mind would stay in Mississippi County!! Schools are awful, many drive from far away to work there not live there!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Blytheville Forum right now

Search the Blytheville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mississippi County public housing office could ... 41 min Col Sanders 3
Dell Mayor and Funny Math 59 min Truth Is 27
et 1 hr guest 31
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr fyi 28,991
Is anyone hiring? 6 hr Truth 13
Big River will be no different than Correnti's ... 7 hr long time nucor man 12
When does school start in blytheville (Jul '10) 7 hr True 10
•••
•••