Wondering

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

For those that know the process... I am curious of how to get on at Nucor. I can tell from all of the previous posts about Nucor they tend to lead to dramtic angry posts. I am not trying to make anyone mad by asking this question I am interested and would like to know the process. If I can get my name in there how does it work? Interviews, tests, etc. Would appreciate any info I could get. Thanks!

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Wondering wrote:
For those that know the process... I am curious of how to get on at Nucor. I can tell from all of the previous posts about Nucor they tend to lead to dramtic angry posts. I am not trying to make anyone mad by asking this question I am interested and would like to know the process. If I can get my name in there how does it work? Interviews, tests, etc. Would appreciate any info I could get. Thanks!
I believe they take resumes/applications through the ANC Crisp Center now instead of directly through the Nucor personnel office. You should call Arkansas Northeastern College Crisp Center and ask them for info on how to apply.
bro mine

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Wondering wrote:
If you are serious, why don't you just call the plants and get the HR dept to tell you the process. Kind of like the old school way.
dinglebarry

Wiggins, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

the best way to get on is go to work for a contractor that works out there for a couple of years and get to know the people. makes it easier to get on
Wondering

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

I was told that if you knew someone that could put your name in you have a really good chance of getting hired...is this true?
tanks

Gatesville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Nephews,uncles, cousins, other relatives is how you get on.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Wondering wrote:
I was told that if you knew someone that could put your name in you have a really good chance of getting hired...is this true?
Absolutely not. It used to be that way years ago, but now it makes no difference at all whether or not you know someone there or have relatives that work there. That will not help you nowadays. Sorry.
ScottyBoy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. It used to be that way years ago, but now it makes no difference at all whether or not you know someone there or have relatives that work there. That will not help you nowadays. Sorry.
That's precicely how i got on. It will always make a difference if you're family.
Well

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

Judged:

My brother works there and had NO family that worked there when got hired. He knows plenty of guys who have tried for years to get hired and they have relatives that work there yet they still have had no luck. And these guys have lots of experience working in that environment, so it's not like they were not good candidates to begin with. If they don't want to hire you, it doesn't matter who you know there. Simple as that.
Life is Peachy

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Yes Yes Yes Nucor employees are rocket scientists. Hm been tempering metal for thousands of years. But its still hard to get on at nucor. Why is that? You have to know some of the good old boys to get on at nucor.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Life is Peachy wrote:
Yes Yes Yes Nucor employees are rocket scientists. Hm been tempering metal for thousands of years. But its still hard to get on at nucor. Why is that? You have to know some of the good old boys to get on at nucor.
You are f**king hilarious. Oh, and ignorant too. You are too ignorant to realize how idiotic your posts sound. You must have an IQ of 20 from the sound of your posts.
Life is Peachy

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are f**king hilarious. Oh, and ignorant too. You are too ignorant to realize how idiotic your posts sound. You must have an IQ of 20 from the sound of your posts.
LOL why are you mad simpleton? Its true and truth hurts I know.
Life is Peachy

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And you must be a small dwarf who runs around talking smack to everyone. Why do you get some mad troll? Are you a round eye or slant eye? If your a round eye go suck some more japanese d#$k! If your a slant eye I hope we drop another nuclear device on your island again! BOOM MUSHROOM CLOUD. BRILLIANT LIGHT AND XRAYS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL OLOLOLOL
Life is Peachy

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

LOL I see nucor people still think they are better than everyone else shame shame! How is China treating you nucor? Still like China's metal? I know everyone around the world is buying up China's metal! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Blytheville Forum right now

Search the Blytheville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
1 Blessing From God 3 min guest 92
Blytheville Finances 23 min Losers 12
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 52 min Speller Feller 29,117
Big River Steel (Jan '13) 1 hr sick of roamin dogs 15
gosnell base.empa camp or fed drug dealin coverup 1 hr lilpep 10
Will you vote yes or no for county hospital tax? 2 hr Homie Gurl 7
Is blytheville too black? 2 hr Homie Gurl 4
•••
•••