Comments
81 - 100 of 140 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2012
guest

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Aug 1, 2012
 
guest wrote:
Never at work, always fishing, hunting and drinking with his buddies. All I know is if you work around him, make sure you know his whereabouts while you're gone!
Makes $137,650 plus monthly expense amounting to $11,400.
worth it

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Aug 2, 2012
 
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Makes $137,650 plus monthly expense amounting to $11,400.
If he is doing a good job, he is worth it. If he is not, he is overpaid. That is the only way to look at it.
look

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Aug 2, 2012
 
Look at the test scores. Look at the drop out rate Look at the teacher turnover.
Fail--fail-fail.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Aug 2, 2012
 
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Makes $137,650 plus monthly expense amounting to $11,400.
I know of several school districts give monthly allowances. The reason is that the state's housing authority director's salary is set by how much the superintendent's salary. So school districts give the allowance to under rate the salary. Or something like that.
guest

Steele, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

look wrote:
Look at the test scores. Look at the drop out rate Look at the teacher turnover.
Fail--fail-fail.
Test scores make gains every year. You have to look at the kind of homes the students in Blytheville come from. The kids do pretty good considering. I don't think the school is failing the kids. Sure you have better scores in some schools but look at the student body. Id say something isn't right if you have kids failing that come from good homes where parents are involved and show interest in their kids. A lot of Blytheville's kids, not all, but a lot come with a lot of baggage. Some of these kids are young and have to take on all kinds of roles to survive and take care of smaller ones as well.
Guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

look wrote:
Look at the test scores. Look at the drop out rate Look at the teacher turnover.
Fail--fail-fail.
Look at it at every school that compares to Blytheville, not the cushy ones
Guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Aug 3, 2012
 
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Test scores make gains every year. You have to look at the kind of homes the students in Blytheville come from. The kids do pretty good considering. I don't think the school is failing the kids. Sure you have better scores in some schools but look at the student body. Id say something isn't right if you have kids failing that come from good homes where parents are involved and show interest in their kids. A lot of Blytheville's kids, not all, but a lot come with a lot of baggage. Some of these kids are young and have to take on all kinds of roles to survive and take care of smaller ones as well.
I understand that the test scores for Blytheville have indeed improved...
guest

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Aug 3, 2012
 
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that the test scores for Blytheville have indeed improved...
High school???
guest

Steele, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The school has put every tool it can at the finger tips of the teachers and students. When parents start doing their part the kids will. Hey if the parents don't care and there are no consequences well kids are kids. If no one says do you have homework, did you study for the test, have you read and on and on... most kids aren't going to do it on their own. They had rather play or talk on phone whatever.
guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

More excuses from the Atwill camp, avoiding his poor qualifications, skill set and management ability. He has surrounded himself with non-qualified, non-certified personnel and he is paying the price. As are the students.
well

Hope, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

All they do is teach to the test. Pitiful.
Guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Aug 3, 2012
 
guest wrote:
More excuses from the Atwill camp, avoiding his poor qualifications, skill set and management ability. He has surrounded himself with non-qualified, non-certified personnel and he is paying the price. As are the students.
Who are the non qualified and for sure the non-certified? Are these non-certified working in positions that require them to be certified. Bring the proof out and do the right thing instead of just posting on here.
guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Aug 3, 2012
 
Look on your own website if you are that curious, but I'm sure you already know the answer to that one but for the curious one for sure is Sally Cooke. At least that is what it says on the Blytheville School website and for a very critical position for a school with the troubles you have there.
mykidsteacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Aug 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

guest wrote:
The school has put every tool it can at the finger tips of the teachers and students. When parents start doing their part the kids will. Hey if the parents don't care and there are no consequences well kids are kids. If no one says do you have homework, did you study for the test, have you read and on and on... most kids aren't going to do it on their own. They had rather play or talk on phone whatever.
My son's teacher stayed in contact with me weekly, she did that with most of her students. She would text parents and let them know about tests, and even would call when the kids did good. Usually you only hear from the teacher when your kids are bad, but not the one, she stayed in good contact all the time. I am glad she did, my son did good in her class.
Give Her Credit

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Aug 3, 2012
 
mykidsteacher wrote:
<quoted text>
My son's teacher stayed in contact with me weekly, she did that with most of her students. She would text parents and let them know about tests, and even would call when the kids did good. Usually you only hear from the teacher when your kids are bad, but not the one, she stayed in good contact all the time. I am glad she did, my son did good in her class.
Put her name on here so she can get the recognition she deserves!
mykidsteacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Aug 3, 2012
 
I'm not going to tell her name because you know how ppl are on here, but I will tell you she works at the Middle School.
guest

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Aug 3, 2012
 
mykidsteacher wrote:
I'm not going to tell her name because you know how ppl are on here, but I will tell you she works at the Middle School.
They are lucky to have her on staff. Thank you for giving her credit. Too bad you cannot put her name on Topix.
yepyep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Aug 5, 2012
 
well wrote:
All they do is teach to the test. Pitiful.
I know thats right!
guest

Steele, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Aug 6, 2012
 
I don't know how teachers are teaching to the test when they never see them. Teachers never see the tests and they change every year. The state gives teachers something called student learning expectations and this is what the state of Ar.says will be taught in the classroom. So well and yep you have no idea what you are talking about.
Guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Aug 6, 2012
 
guest wrote:
I don't know how teachers are teaching to the test when they never see them. Teachers never see the tests and they change every year. The state gives teachers something called student learning expectations and this is what the state of Ar.says will be taught in the classroom. So well and yep you have no idea what you are talking about.
There was no doubt that they didn't know what they were talking about!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Blytheville Forum right now

Search the Blytheville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 26 min nobody 29,426
Debate: Ferguson - Blytheville, AR 2 hr hmmm 33
Black Tribe Start Riot in Perkins Today 2 hr hmmm 9
Tabitha from McDonalds 3 hr curiousjoe 1
Tenaris What the hell kind of bouns check was t... 5 hr Was there 28
County Roads 7 hr Because 2
wanting to buy used tanning bed (Apr '10) 8 hr Monica Koole 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Blytheville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blytheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blytheville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blytheville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••