SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>your other post is just simple minded redoric that is completely false and not even worthy of a reply .. but this one is because you know nothing of our history .. clearly by your ignorant responses.. if you look at history you will see that your way of thinking has been proven wrong and will continue to do so ...
What is YOUR version of history?
Why do you suppose that our founders even cared if we had guns or not?
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to post to your "thread" but after about six words the red message came on saying there were too many characters!
"a person with a 6 round clip can only kill,injure, or wound, at most 6 people...... if people try to subdue the perpetrator then only 6 are in harms way instead of 16 .."
A six round clip means NOTHING to me. One dead person is just as tragic as sixteen... or six, IMO. Murders aren't committed by clips, or by guns. This is a people problem, NOT a gun problem. My clip could hold 100 rounds, but not ONE person would end up dead from my gun, unless it was self-defense. And don't tell me that a well practiced gunman can't reload a new clip, or grab a different gun from his pocket, before a scared teacher takes even one step towards him- not that she would subdue him anyway....
"what kind of monster are you really?" You, Sir, are the monster! You are calling for only criminals to have heavy fire power against children and innocent adults. Why? Are you a potential shooter?
"anyone with any balls like those teachers had would know that if you have to reload then you are vulnerable.."
Have you ever been in a situation like that? It happens very fast. The teacher has no way of knowing how many people are involved, where others might be, etc... She likely did as she was told thinking that was the right thing to do. Vulnerability means nothing when the victims won't, or can't, react.
"if you haven't noticed MOST if not ALL of these crimes have took place on grounds that do not permit guns"
Actually, I HAVE NOTICED. DUH!
Nuff said
so what your saying is that with your ignorant way of thinking you would rather lose 100k lives in battle instead of 2 or 3k ? what your saying is that it makes no difference in the amount of life lost whether 16 or 160 or 6 .. well let me tell you something you low life piece of work ... 6 casualties is far better than 16 anyway you put it .. ANY way you put it... and i'm not saying that is not what could happen as far as pulling out another gun or reloading the clip but i'm telling you right now you talk to any person who has any common sense at all and they will tell you that when you are switching weapons or reloading you are then VULNERABLE...and with security gaurds in place with the protective gear and training then casualties should be kept to a minimum ... you keep trying to pawn off the idea of arming teachers... teachers are already underpaid and over worked.. and you people want to cut the education budget even more.. and by you poeple i mean republicans... and on top of that you want to train them and keep them suited up with bullet proof vesst and straped with a loaded weapon teaching?... alot of those poeple don't have the mantality to do anything and could possibly injure more than just the assailant ... that's why they are TEACHERS not POLICEMEN....you even said "before a scared teacher takes even one step towards him- not that she would subdue him anyway" lol you managed to prove yourself wrong and criticize someone in the same sentence... proud of yourself? lol and it sometime amazes me just how ignorant you are.. "You, Sir, are the monster! You are calling for only criminals to have heavy fire power against children and innocent adults." whose calling for 100 round clips and semi and fully auto guns to be left legal to purchase and consume?... i think you should rethink before you start to type... and actually yes i have been shot at several times and know exactly how fast it happens and those teachers reacted based on instinct and responsibility to protect the lives of as many innocent children as they could .. something you said you would not do since "One dead person is just as tragic as sixteen."...if you noticed where the shootings took place then maybe you should have thought of about what your comments where in in your 2 prior posts DUH... lol get out of here with that what are we in 3rd grade now?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
You people amaze me.
The word is "educate" Not "amaze."
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>
I see no sense in wasting time reading all that meaningless drivel. By skimming, I get the jist of what you're trying to say. Too bad it doesn't make sense to people who want to stop these crimes.
Here is another multiple choice question for you:
When gun control laws are enacted, who obeys those laws?
a. law-abiding citizens
b. criminals
c. psychopaths
d. illegal aliens
e. all of the above
the fact is .. is that when these laws were implemented in the 90's we did not have this kind of BS going on at the rate like it is right now period... and by you skimmiing you are mearly taking out bits and pieces of the conversation and making them into your own personal phrasing that completely skews the context of the subject into your favor... so when you take quotes make sure you take the whole saying ... don't learn from fox .. because they do it all the time .. and i don't have to answere none of your damn multiple choice BS because i proved your wrong in every other post and you keep comming back with the same BS nonsense rehtoric ....well then you answere this for me and answer that for me and tell me why this can't be done.. and i explain these things to you time and time again and it just does not sink in .. if you can not comprehend maybe you should use that federal grant your so quick to judge .. and go back to school to learn to do so...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think handguns could stop the U.S. "government",
Osama bin Laden made the same mistake.
Remember Saddam Hussein, he had a army, an could not stop the U.S..
And you and your ilk, are going to do it with hand guns.
Common sense, is not so common is it?
If our guns can do nothing to stop the US government, why do they want to take them away from us?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a legitimate question Army.
You, having spent a good deal of your life protecting this Country...would you support the violent and unlawful overthrow of this legally elected government?
If our "legally elected government" officials disobey the Constitution, then overthrowing them would not be "unlawful." In fact, it would be required.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nice. What you really mean is "that the buying and selling of those types of guns has to stop... except on the black market."
Do you really beleive that because you want it stop, it will? That's like saying we MUST make people quit smoking pot. You can say it until you're blue in the face. When do you think it will be a reality?
you know your ignorant ways of thinking lead me to think that you have no idea what the hell your saying.... if laws did not control and help situations in anyway then why the hell do we have any laws?.. tell me that ... tell me why if we do not try to help the situation that it's just magically going to get better? you make no sense! and that's the same BS you and all your friends on here are trying to pass!! listen to yourself before you actually hit the post comment button... and no i did not say that it was ok to buy and sell on the "black market" that's why it's the black market dummy ... it's illegal ... hell people still sell drugs of all kinds and steal things from stores and sell stolen art ..it's still illegal but could you imagine if there was no law to limit or control that type of behavior? so please think before you post ...im not personally against smoking pot so that is out of the equation but what if there was no law saying meth was illegal? can you imagine how much of that junk would be going around? get real

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>the fact is .. is that when these laws were implemented in the 90's we did not have this kind of BS going on at the rate like it is right now period... and by you skimmiing you are mearly taking out bits and pieces of the conversation and making them into your own personal phrasing that completely skews the context of the subject into your favor... so when you take quotes make sure you take the whole saying ... don't learn from fox .. because they do it all the time .. and i don't have to answere none of your damn multiple choice BS because i proved your wrong in every other post and you keep comming back with the same BS nonsense rehtoric ....well then you answere this for me and answer that for me and tell me why this can't be done.. and i explain these things to you time and time again and it just does not sink in .. if you can not comprehend maybe you should use that federal grant your so quick to judge .. and go back to school to learn to do so...
Once again, the facts don't back up your so-called "argument," if it can even be called that.
http://themonkeycage.org/blog/2012/07/21/the-...
"First, we are a less violent nation now than we’ve been in over forty years. In 2010, violent crime rates hit a low not seen since 1972; murder rates sunk to levels last experienced during the Kennedy Administration. Our perceptions of our own safety have shifted, as well. In the early 1980s, almost half of Americans told the General Social Survey (GSS) they were “afraid to walk alone at night” in their own neighborhoods; now only one-third feel this way."

"Second, for all the attention given to America’s culture of guns, ownership of firearms is at or near all-time lows. Since 1973, the GSS has been asking Americans whether they keep a gun in their home. In the 1970s, about half of the nation said yes; today only about one-third do. Driving the decline: a dramatic drop in ownership of pistols and shotguns, the very weapons most likely to be used in violent crimes."

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
No and I don't really see anyone here supporting that either. I just hope America doesn't make the same mistake in 2014 and 2016.
True. Any overthrow, if it ever came to that, I would hope wouldn't be violent. I'd rather we just throw the offenders out of office at the ballot box.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Churmudgeon wrote:
Due to a troll Im gonna discontinue using Curmudgeon or Churmudgeon as my Topix name.
Can we all get to vote on your new name?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you think that with the secessionist movement, that the US government would just hand over a part of its domain without bloodshed?
BTW, anyone signing a legal petition to secede from the Union should be stripped of the rights afforded a American citizen and issued green cards and lose the right to vote.
Also no unemployment, Social security, Medicare, medicaid benefits and the possibility immediate deportation.
I hear Jonestown, Guyana is nice this time of the year.
So you think the government can blatantly disregard their oath to protect and defend the Constitution, and that the citizens should shut up and accept that. Wouldn't seceeding be a better option than "violent overthrow?"

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Milita wrote:
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states
and arrived at a striking
conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000
Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth
largest army in
the world.
More men under arms than in Iran.
More than France and Germany combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin,
to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now
returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally
establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would
comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.
The point?
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of
home-grown firepower.
Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of
national security.
That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.
Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still
remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed
citizens???
Excellent post.
I'm not a hunter, but I am armed too. How many armed non-hunters could we add to those numbers?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, not a single animal was legally harvested with a thirty round clipped assault rifle.
Your point is moot.
Because only the criminals possess those. YOUR point is moot.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Milita wrote:
<quoted text> my ancestors came from searcy &newton counties. they belonged to the MPS. they where rounded up marched to little rock and impressed into the confederate army. they promptly deserted fist chance. and went out west.
Your ancestors may know my ancestors. Damn, I forget the name of the town off hand, but it's a town that doesn't exist anymore, northeast of Kingman, I think. My grandma was born and raised there.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>
"so what your implying now is that all the gun free zones be taken away ... so that everyone .. including students be able to carry weapons in classrooms?"
Thank you for finally understanding what I am saying. YES, EVERYONE who wants one, and is of age, should be able to carry...as the Constitution clearly states.
"most of them do not have the mantality to pull the trigger even if they were in that situation."
All CCW holders are trained and know how and when to use their weapon. In twenty years it has yet to even cross my mind to pull my gun out. You make it sound as though everyone and their aunt will run out and buy a gun and start shooting people tomorrow.
How long do you think it will take an armed campus guard to drive over to where the shooter is?
"and if they don't regularly practice with the weapon who's to say they wont accedentaly take the life of one of their students in the crossfire or another coworker?"
People aren't as stupid as you make them out to be. One thing you fail to consider is that the teachers, other school workers and college students who may be armed might actually be better marksmen that the trained guards on the other end of the campus you advocate for. There are ALOT of people who shoot all the time as a hobby or are avid hunters.
yah that's smart what if they ride a bus and drop it and another young kid gets it and shoots another one or theirself? what if someone drops one and it goes off and kills another student? what if there's an argument and someone over reacts and shoots another peer for no good reason at all? what if a student who's family does not condones the use of guns gets angry not knowing what the consequences are and uses a gun to act out of rage? what if in the heat of something happening like before and everyone pulls guns and starts shooting and all hell breaks loose?... increased security along with assault rifles ban and clip control is the responsible thing to do and that is something that is going to happen whether you republicans like it or not... it is ignorant to think that untrained teachers and students are gonna be held responsible for protecting everyone... and possibly threaten the lives of others...and that's why i'm not talking about everyone just killing each other or about just one guard i'm talking about a solution to adding more security... that's fine but if that was the case then why do we have policemen? answer that ...why? and the only ignorant person is one that is in control of millions of people or even a large number of employees and UNDERESTIMATES the nature of the common human being... you always plan for the worst and expect the best outcome ..THAT is how progress is made..if anything you said was true then why train our military to perform their duties.. let everyone decide what's best for our military why have leaders.. your crazy and so are your post .. you would think after the first 50 times i prove you guys wrong you would give up

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that you only spout off your opinion then boast about me and everyone being proven wrong by the "facts" in your posts. Do you see the arogance in that? About half of the posters on here have called you out on your completely false posts. The other half simply find you so off base that your posts are not worth responding too. I know you don't see it but I thought you should know that the only person that thinks you are right is you. I like seeing what your next post will be because I am amazed at how someone can be so wrong yet feel they are so right.
Please proceed in amusing me.
DKN is one of the more amusing liberals on Topix.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, the facts don't back up your so-called "argument," if it can even be called that.
http://themonkeycage.org/blog/2012/07/21/the-...
"First, we are a less violent nation now than we’ve been in over forty years. In 2010, violent crime rates hit a low not seen since 1972; murder rates sunk to levels last experienced during the Kennedy Administration. Our perceptions of our own safety have shifted, as well. In the early 1980s, almost half of Americans told the General Social Survey (GSS) they were “afraid to walk alone at night” in their own neighborhoods; now only one-third feel this way."
"Second, for all the attention given to America’s culture of guns, ownership of firearms is at or near all-time lows. Since 1973, the GSS has been asking Americans whether they keep a gun in their home. In the 1970s, about half of the nation said yes; today only about one-third do. Driving the decline: a dramatic drop in ownership of pistols and shotguns, the very weapons most likely to be used in violent crimes."
annnnnnnd again i don't care what your right wing article blog post is about because the fact is that yes individual single person shooter cases have fallen over time ..BUT mass murder rates have risen and are still on the rise http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/mass... +(The+Huffington+Post+%7C+Full +News+Feed) read some real news you might actually learn something... and why would you post the link then post excerpts from the link you just posted? did you think i was not going to click on the link? lol really? but that's ok i'll just let you catch up on what us here in the real world read .. and that's no monkey business LOL

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>the fact is .. is that when these laws were implemented in the 90's we did not have this kind of BS going on at the rate like it is right now period... and by you skimmiing you are mearly taking out bits and pieces of the conversation and making them into your own personal phrasing that completely skews the context of the subject into your favor... so when you take quotes make sure you take the whole saying ... don't learn from fox .. because they do it all the time .. and i don't have to answere none of your damn multiple choice BS because i proved your wrong in every other post and you keep comming back with the same BS nonsense rehtoric ....well then you answere this for me and answer that for me and tell me why this can't be done.. and i explain these things to you time and time again and it just does not sink in .. if you can not comprehend maybe you should use that federal grant your so quick to judge .. and go back to school to learn to do so...
"the fact is .. is that when these laws were implemented in the 90's we did not have this kind of BS going on at the rate like it is right now period"
This is a FACT.
So tell me, just what good did it do to implement these laws? Do you now see how gun control, or gun-free zones, INVITE violence?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>you know your ignorant ways of thinking lead me to think that you have no idea what the hell your saying.... if laws did not control and help situations in anyway then why the hell do we have any laws?.. tell me that ... tell me why if we do not try to help the situation that it's just magically going to get better? you make no sense! and that's the same BS you and all your friends on here are trying to pass!! listen to yourself before you actually hit the post comment button... and no i did not say that it was ok to buy and sell on the "black market" that's why it's the black market dummy ... it's illegal ... hell people still sell drugs of all kinds and steal things from stores and sell stolen art ..it's still illegal but could you imagine if there was no law to limit or control that type of behavior? so please think before you post ...im not personally against smoking pot so that is out of the equation but what if there was no law saying meth was illegal? can you imagine how much of that junk would be going around? get real
If a law says we cannot murder someone, why isn't that enough? How many more laws do we need to reach that same result, which is ...no murders? Throw in banning styles of guns, lower number of rounds, whatever....we still can't murder anyone. As you can see...I hope....no amount of laws will stop murders. But fewer innocent people being murdered is the result when people can defend themselves.

My pot law was an example. I don't give a shit if people smoke pot either. I'm all for freedom. But with freedom also comes with responsibility.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
If our "legally elected government" officials disobey the Constitution, then overthrowing them would not be "unlawful." In fact, it would be required.
Then by all means go for it big boy...I'll catch your show on CNN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Blytheville Forum right now

Search the Blytheville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bly fire department 10 min Tom Servo 22
humane society 2 hr geeman 7
what a dumbass 3 hr samson 3
What is the Average income of a Nucor Employee (Apr '10) 3 hr Filthy Rich 145
Best song ever made by one of our very own bly ... 4 hr hhahaha 9
Remembering lost loved ones and friends (Jan '08) 6 hr rip 694
illegal work by city 6 hr geeman 17
Butler for mayor 21 hr Fact 13
Tyler Mon Wow 6