California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,101 - 3,120 of 4,897 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Zanja

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

coastalcutie2000 wrote:
My family has been using our own bags for a couple of years now, and trust me, it is not hard to do! In a world full of pollution this is one simple thing that will make a large impact!
Good for you. Stop making laws for everyone else.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

mexica wrote:
Who ever doesn't agree on banning plastic bag is a red neck!
If you even want to debate it you're a stupid red neck!
You're from Mayhole? No wonder you're a mess, Lupe. I hear there's a deal on Sharpies over at the 99 Cent Mart. You and your 5 kids (and I know you're just 29) should go over and take advantage...
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong it's maywood. I think was named after a white lady when this was populated by whites or something wayyy back lol but now we mexicans got it, unfortunately previous leaders did a mess of things along with white Americans dont act as if only Mexican were involved... Idiot....
CA is broke so you Mexicant's can have it back...
Just Me

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

If they take away the plastic bags what will I use when cleaning out the cat box?
Dr Viking Phd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Boycott Sanctuary Cities wrote:
<quoted text>
calif is broke because of the mexiscum, the democrat welfare leeches, and the greedy public worker union members
calif tax payers need to go on strike
they can spend their time reloading ammo while out on strike
@@@@@@@@@@
We (those identified as Mexicums) have won by "Occupation". Your Government. Pays, Us billions of dollars to Occupy America. Not only "THAT", "IT" (your Government) pays "US" Billions of dollars in a seperate Program for free medical, while "WE" (the minority) "Occupy",(your Land).

It is "Clear" the "Caucasions (Blanco's) have "Lost". Problem "IS", "They" (the Caucasions) are so stupid "THEY" have not figured out, that, "THEY" have lost their "COUNTRY"...

@@@@@@@@@@

There is more truth in the last sentance, then all the truth in us currency and the Presidents Oath of Office....
Joanie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

I hope people of all races and religion can agree that plastic bags are usually translucent.

“Bing-bang, kicky-punchy”

Since: Aug 08

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Joanie wrote:
I hope people of all races and religion can agree that plastic bags are usually translucent.
Hey look!.....something shiny!!.

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Dr Viking Phd wrote:
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
We (those identified as Mexicums) have won by "Occupation". Your Government. Pays, Us billions of dollars to Occupy America. Not only "THAT", "IT" (your Government) pays "US" Billions of dollars in a seperate Program for free medical, while "WE" (the minority) "Occupy",(your Land).
It is "Clear" the "Caucasions (Blanco's) have "Lost". Problem "IS", "They" (the Caucasions) are so stupid "THEY" have not figured out, that, "THEY" have lost their "COUNTRY"...
@@@@@@@@@@
There is more truth in the last sentance, then all the truth in us currency and the Presidents Oath of Office....
It's "sentence".

Since: May 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

They want to charge because people take hand fills home and use them for trash bags in there bathrooms , that's why they want to charge.....

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Berdoodave wrote:
They want to charge because people take hand fills home and use them for trash bags in there bathrooms , that's why they want to charge.....
Huh.
ytiy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

bah
Patriot

Copperopolis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Dr Viking Phd wrote:
<quoted text>@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@

F*U*C*K U
Patriot

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Boycott Sanctuary Cities wrote:
<quoted text>its not the caucasions you pathetic moron

its the democrats

considering 96% of black voters voted for ovomit
the majority of mexiscum vote democrat

that makes the democrat party the "brown" party

since none of the funny coilored losers vote republican...

the whites in the democrat party are just loser traitors

like your gavin nuisance
fairy brown etc...

its not the caucasions

stop lying

you are right about one thing tho

traitors like fairy brown and gavin nuisance are stupid

just like you are
You are right on BSC! Too bad our country is crawling with idiots like this.
I fear we are doomed :-(
Obama iger

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

The article went on to say, the chopped up bodies found in mexico were most likely butchered in the tomatoe field and not dumped. Folks these are the same tomatoes imported from mexico,(thanks to NAFTA), that we see on our produce shelves all over the United States. you know, the ones nobody buys because of the deadly insecticides sprayed on these vegetables that our Food And Drug turn their heads too. No i'm not madd. I'm just in AWW. OH MY GAWD!!! I need to let people all over the United States know about this one. Really, to be on the safe side, BOYCOTT MEXICO and Dont buy anything from HELL. Did you know the Pope went to Hell when he went to mexico. And HELL said, we will not kill any mexicans and chop them up while you are here in HELL.
shelby

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Just another way to get more money from people.
Takeoutthetrash

Northridge, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

That is how the insufferable pus-and-shit-for-brains villain of my novel meets his demise, anyhow
dribble

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
F*U*C*K U
I noticed, YOU found your place. Do you wear your acronem on your fore head ? or your face ? Seems you are all azz.
Cyan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

dribble wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed, YOU found your place. Do you wear your acronem on your fore head ? or your face ? Seems you are all azz.
At least I can spell "acronym" - who is the dumb azz???
BTW, my favorite acronym appears after my name. PHD

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Cyan wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I can spell "acronym" - who is the dumb azz???
BTW, my favorite acronym appears after my name. PHD
Gloop!
Grandpa Joe

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Augustus! Is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blythe Discussions

Search the Blythe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Right Direction 200,361
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
Debate: Immigration - Blythe, CA (May '10) Jul 15 Pri 10
Hudson gets another $35,000 for legal defense Jul 8 L W in Blythe 1
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Blythe News Video

•••
•••

Blythe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blythe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE