Looking for dentist that accepts wv medicaid

Posted in the Bluefield Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DENTIST

Bluefield, WV

#1 Mar 6, 2012
Can someone please recomend a dentist in the bluefield WV area that accpts wv medicaid for adults and not TLC, they are not taking new patients at this time.
Dentist

Farmville, VA

#2 Mar 6, 2012
How weird... I'm a dentist who is looking for patients with real insurance or patients will pay their bill.

Level 4

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 6, 2012
WV Medicaid only covers emergency services for adults. It does not cover for you to have a principle dentist and regular visits. If it is an emergency, then you can go to the ER and they'll help you arrange to see a dentist before your issue escalates.
my opinion

United States

#4 Mar 6, 2012
Not all jobs offer "real insurance " and if dentist didn't charge out the ass for services ppl could pay there bill. Most dentist around here aren't worth a shit anyway. Byron is in Princeton but he accepts it, a friend had a medical card and went to him
Dentist wrote:
How weird... I'm a dentist who is looking for patients with real insurance or patients will pay their bill.
1 post removed
sadly

Buena Vista, VA

#6 Mar 7, 2012
Medicaid does cover dental services, I've been sitting in TLC when people check in. Just something else for free for the losers.
Jefferson

Smoot, WV

#7 Mar 7, 2012
It's going to get harder and harder to find a doctor or dentist if you are on medicaid or medicare.

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Bluefield, WV

#8 Mar 7, 2012
sadly wrote:
Medicaid does cover dental services, I've been sitting in TLC when people check in. Just something else for free for the losers.
When you lose your job through no fault of your own, or get abused, or whatever bad thing happens that makes you have to draw Medicaid, I'm going to be right there in your face every day screaming LOSER! LOSER!

Does that sound like a very reasonable point of view to you? Because it's just your own, directed back at you. Do unto others.

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#9 Mar 7, 2012
Hey Republicans, I'll make you a deal:

You guys get a check on all the heartless, self-centered, over-simplifying nutters in your party and we Dems promise to stop gathering in the lobbies of your hoity toity hotels with protest signs.

DEAL?
My opinion

Farmville, VA

#10 Mar 7, 2012
If hill people didn't smoke so much meth, eat oxy like M&M's, drink Mountain Dew like their life depended on it AND brushed their teeth at least once a week, you wouldn't need to find a dentist that takes medicaid.
sadly

Buena Vista, VA

#11 Mar 7, 2012
Well brave toaster I don't have dental insurance, I pay for my visits. So before you judge get up and get a job that either gives dental insurance or at least a job so you can pay your own bills. I think if you are 18 and not handicapped you shouldn't have Medicaid. It's just like a bandaid and has allowed people to be lazy to long!

Level 3

Bluefield, WV

#12 Mar 7, 2012
sadly wrote:
Well brave toaster I don't have dental insurance, I pay for my visits. So before you judge get up and get a job that either gives dental insurance or at least a job so you can pay your own bills. I think if you are 18 and not handicapped you shouldn't have Medicaid. It's just like a bandaid and has allowed people to be lazy to long!
See, this is a typical Republican argument:

"People are poor only due to being LAZY! There couldn't POSSIBLY be any other reason to account for their misfortune!"

It allows you to demonize large segments of people, with vastly varying situations, and lump them all into some kind of "human garbage" category. It's demeaning, degrading, inhumane, and wrong.

For every bum "on the take" there are twenty honest people, trying their damndest to get out of their situation. And people like YOU want to make it HARDER on them! Does that make sense? If we helped them to the point they were no longer struggling, they'd be able to pay in to the tax system and be productive...JUST LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO DO!

Not all poor people are lazy drug addicts, though your moral high horse buddies would love to believe it so, to retain their sense of total superiority. And I think it's time you admit that.

Level 4

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Mar 7, 2012
It DOES NOT cover regular adult visits and preventative care. Here is the link:
http://www.dhhr.wv.gov/bms/Pages/ServicesCove...

Medical Services Covered by Medicaid:
"Routine dental care for children and with approval, some medically necessary special care such as braces. Adult dental coverage is limited to removal of cysts or tumors, biopsies, treatment of fractures of the jaw bones and some emergency services "
sadly

Oakvale, WV

#14 Mar 7, 2012
I'm not rich by any means. I have a Bachelors and Masters degree and I'm working a barely above minimum wage job. But I'm doing it and not setting on my behind. There are jobs in this area if people would get off their high horse and work them. Restaurants, retail lots of places are hiring. Appatently people get more in Medicaid, food stamps, and welfare so they don't want to take a paycut. That's what is wrong with this area. I don't know of a single person getting those services that goes out job hunting daily. Work ethic of this generation is horrible. If you need Medicaid then get it but most truly do not.
I KNOW

Bluefield, VA

#15 Mar 7, 2012
Sadly the vast majority that use medicaid are content where they want to be. They have always ridden the "system" and always will.There may be a "FEW" that are making effort to get out of that situation but the VAST majority like generations before like "freeriding the system" They "mooch" all the freebies they can get.
I never had dental insurance and worked every day...I looked at "coverage" on one policy I was checking on BUT there were NO DENTISTS in Mercer county that accepted the insurance....they way overcharge...and folks have to pay up front themselves.It figures the welfare riders would get in there!!!!
The real "poor people" are the ones trying to work ( at low wages-no benefit jobs)or living off social security-THE WELFARE RIDING BUNNIES-don't work/never worked/will not work-but ride the SYSTEM for everything they can get.There are people working every day and struggling to live they cannot "qualify" for the programs and could use the help while the lazy no good welfare bums are getting all the "assistance" free foods-free medical-utility assistance and on and on riding up and down the road in an ambulance to the hospital while SOMEONE ELSE pays for their way in life.
Many times those trying to work have to say they "cannot afford" medical care and have to do without while the "welfare bunnies" look forward to a trip to the er or hospital.
iknow

Flourtown, PA

#16 Mar 10, 2012
Both my husband an I work but we were able to get a spend down medical card. If not for that my husbands tooth would gave rotted or he would have gotten a really bad infection because the root of his tooth was fused in his jaw bone an he had to have an oral surgen to perform surgery. We only have it for six months but it helps a lot when u work min wage an have a young child, u really can't afford to spend the type of money it requires for regular doctor visits. So kudos for u glad u can do that on your own but other ppl are not as fortunate as others. My advice have a heart. I'm pretty sure u have heard the old saying, if u don't have anything nice to say ( or type ) then don't say ( or type ) anything at all. An I'm almost positive your parents taught you manners but apparently you heard but just didn't listen.
2 posts removed

Level 3

Princeton, WV

#19 Mar 11, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
Sadly the vast majority that use medicaid are content where they want to be. They have always ridden the "system" and always will.There may be a "FEW" that are making effort to get out of that situation but the VAST majority like generations before like "freeriding the system" They "mooch" all the freebies they can get.
That's the common sentiment, yes, but where are the facts to back it up? The West Virginia labor market isn't exactly overflowing with jobs, some of these people lack the skills and car to get them, and still others are homemakers or can't find child care.

All I'm saying is, before you go making sweeping generalizations about the recipients of Welfare, do a little more research.

This site dispels many of the common myths, if you care to look:
http://www.anitra.net/homelessness/columns/an...
WVU FAN

Princeton, WV

#20 Mar 11, 2012
DENTIST wrote:
Can someone please recomend a dentist in the bluefield WV area that accpts wv medicaid for adults and not TLC, they are not taking new patients at this time.
You people in WV are so poor.

LMAO ! At You Poor Folks.

“...my God IS Awesome...”

Level 1

Since: Mar 09

Almost Heaven, WV

#21 Mar 12, 2012
A dentist t Gary, just outside Welch accepts Medi-aid
Brittany

Orleans, VT

#22 Mar 12, 2012
U no im reading all these comments bout people down grading others who get medicaid, and im very offened considering I get Medicaid for myself an my 2 daughters! Just bc u get help doesn't make u a loser or trying to get shit for free! I work my but off to take care of my girls! An i dnt do drugs and im far from a free loader when ur a single mother tryin to do it all urself plus work its far from easy an with the way the economy is today there are alot of people calling out for help! Dnt asumejust bc someone gets a lil help makes them a loser or there lazy bc i am none of those. And i will do whatever it takes to help myself an my children! An right here is y some people r to embarrassed to ask for help bc people judge! An since the economy has fallen so hard there r alot of people now who have reached out to get help bc they have no other choice. An u should do whatever u can to help ur family an urself...
Jefferson

Smoot, WV

#23 Mar 12, 2012
Brittany wrote:
U no im reading all these comments bout people down grading others who get medicaid, and im very offened considering I get Medicaid for myself an my 2 daughters! Just bc u get help doesn't make u a loser or trying to get shit for free! I work my but off to take care of my girls! An i dnt do drugs and im far from a free loader when ur a single mother tryin to do it all urself plus work its far from easy an with the way the economy is today there are alot of people calling out for help! Dnt asumejust bc someone gets a lil help makes them a loser or there lazy bc i am none of those. And i will do whatever it takes to help myself an my children! An right here is y some people r to embarrassed to ask for help bc people judge! An since the economy has fallen so hard there r alot of people now who have reached out to get help bc they have no other choice. An u should do whatever u can to help ur family an urself...
Right, you should ask your family for help instead of asking me to support your butt. Why are you a single mother? Do your babies have the same daddy? If you are taking government handouts you are a freeloader living off the sweat of my brow. One thing you could do is get an education and learn how to spell and maybe you could get a job and not have to work at McDonalds. You have made some sorry life choices and you want me and others to support your sorry butt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aimee hanshaw 4 hr Knock knock 1
Kaitlyn asbury 4 hr Smoky 1
Bobby koen 5 hr Damn 2
freddie simon 5 hr DJ Blowman 16
Jessica Hess 5 hr DJ Blowman 8
Wendy Whitt 5 hr DJ Blowman 5
Delegate John Shott 5 hr DJ Blowman 20
Bluefield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bluefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bluefield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bluefield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:36 am PST

NBC Sports10:36AM
Dalton sick as Bengals get ready for Pittsburgh - NBC Sports
NFL10:45 AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:22 PM
Gano eager for another chance vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?