we need a change on the chsd 218 school board!!!

Posted in the Blue Island Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
longtime res

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Eisenhower High School is one of the worst schools in the state and is only getting worse.All this does is bring down our property values.
ResidentSkeptic

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 25, 2012
longtime res wrote:
Eisenhower High School is one of the worst schools in the state and is only getting worse.All this does is bring down our property values.
Why are you bothering us with this Trifle when there are important concerns about the way the District 130 School Board is performing.
state lottery

Markham, IL

#3 Oct 25, 2012
their should be a state lottery that makes our schools the best in the world. O'' there is a lottery that is suppost to do that' never mind....

scamm...
QUESTION

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 25, 2012
Does anyone know how many board seats are up for election in district 130 and district 218?
hard to belive

Markham, IL

#5 Oct 25, 2012
i mean what are the taxes there, 8-9 k per house?? and this is how the school is run..
Mess

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 25, 2012
Question the board members about the under performing school districts and get a corrective action plan.
R E Former

Orland Park, IL

#7 Oct 25, 2012
Tax payers would be right in questioning 218 officials about a number of issues. Why are district schools under performing? What is planned for the district's huge surplus...will voters have a say? The susperintendent wants his contract extended...should it be or should a search be started for his replacement?

A year ago, Board members made a deal with Maintenance Director Mike Graham, paying him a large cash settlement. Today, he is missing in action. Where is he and what is his status? Is it true that a number of people in supervisory positions were hired with felony convictions on their records?

Several Board members are up for reelection this spring. One or two may be eyeing a run at a new office, say in Blue Island. Now is the time to start asking questions and holding officials accountable.
You Are Correct

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 25, 2012
R E Former wrote:
Tax payers would be right in questioning 218 officials about a number of issues. Why are district schools under performing? What is planned for the district's huge surplus...will voters have a say? The susperintendent wants his contract extended...should it be or should a search be started for his replacement?
A year ago, Board members made a deal with Maintenance Director Mike Graham, paying him a large cash settlement. Today, he is missing in action. Where is he and what is his status? Is it true that a number of people in supervisory positions were hired with felony convictions on their records?
Several Board members are up for reelection this spring. One or two may be eyeing a run at a new office, say in Blue Island. Now is the time to start asking questions and holding officials accountable.
By Golly I Think Youv've Got It!
FELONS

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 26, 2012
This has to be false the two board members from our town would never vote to hire felons.
Furious Parent Taxpayer

Palos Hills, IL

#10 Oct 26, 2012
District 130's superintendent hired a lot of ex co workers. Are our children passing AYP? NO! One principal he hired doesnt even seem to like children and won't give parents the time of day. The board extended his contract with out regards to his performance and for this his pension is getting bigger while our children suffer. Does the board care about our children? No! They must all be voted out!

I am told by a teacher that District 218 board members supply all their friends and relatives regardless of background checks or qualifications with district jobs endagering teachers and students safety, while tons of QUALIFIED people have applied for these positions and are overlooked because they are not connected. They are more worried about how to benefit from district contracts than about our children's well being and academic progress. Now I see that they granted a cash payday to a select employee for no given reason. How do we look into this, should it not be of public record what the taxpayer's money was disbursed for? Taxpayer's money should be used to enrich the learning of our students and for hiring qualified employees not just given to an employee for unknown reasons or providing jobs for board members friends and relatives. I seem to see a lot of ethical violations and appearances of impropriety here and all these board members need to be voted out as well as replacement of principals, administration and the superintendent. Our children deserve so much better.
BI Outsider

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 26, 2012
Don't know if they voted for felons but the Blue Island Board Members on the 218 Board hired their children to have jobs in the District. And they sure didn't help anyone else in Blue Island. I heard that all they do is take orders from the Superintendent.
Election

Palos Hills, IL

#12 Oct 26, 2012
2013 spring election and who is up for re election

District 130:
Lynne Arendziak
Denise Horton
Jill Contreras
Steve Cherversia

District 218:
Randy Heuser
Karen Burmeister
Thomas Kosowski
Larry Harris
RESIDENT

Evergreen Park, IL

#13 Oct 26, 2012
I heard Randy Heuser wants to be our next town clerk.One can only wonder if elected will his kids and Karen Burmeisters kids get better paying city jobs than the jobs that they have now in dist218???
TIME TO GO

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 27, 2012
They should have term limits for school boards.Board members stay on way to long and just become yes men rubber stamps for the adminstration.
Bad News Board

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 27, 2012
These board members have failed to act in the best of the students and provided golden tickets for the superintendent.
Larry

Blue Island, IL

#16 Oct 27, 2012
RESIDENT wrote:
I heard Randy Heuser wants to be our next town clerk.One can only wonder if elected will his kids and Karen Burmeisters kids get better paying city jobs than the jobs that they have now in dist218???
His Attorney friend Marc McCombs is keeping a bed warm in the state penitentiary. And now Randy wants to become the City Clerk/Collector . This Vargas is a real schemer, isn't he.
Tip of the Ice Burg

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 27, 2012
All of these folks have been Double Crossing taxpayers for years, serving themselves with appointments for professional services, no bid contracts, ignoring best practice, the law, the students and taxpayers they should have served.
TAX ME MORE

Evergreen Park, IL

#18 Oct 27, 2012
If Heuser is elected clerk will Karen Burmisters husband be getting a promotion in Public Works?
Tip Toe

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 27, 2012
Tip of the Ice Burg wrote:
All of these folks have been Double Crossing taxpayers for years, serving themselves with appointments for professional services, no bid contracts, ignoring best practice, the law, the students and taxpayers they should have served.
Hello Ice Burg,
You certainly didn't tip toe around the cold hard facts.
Very well stated.
The Whistler

Orland Park, IL

#20 Oct 28, 2012
you are very right...there are a lot of ethical questions and appearences of impropriety at 218.
Furious Parent Taxpayer wrote:
District 130's superintendent hired a lot of ex co workers. Are our children passing AYP? NO! One principal he hired doesnt even seem to like children and won't give parents the time of day. The board extended his contract with out regards to his performance and for this his pension is getting bigger while our children suffer. Does the board care about our children? No! They must all be voted out!
I am told by a teacher that District 218 board members supply all their friends and relatives regardless of background checks or qualifications with district jobs endagering teachers and students safety, while tons of QUALIFIED people have applied for these positions and are overlooked because they are not connected. They are more worried about how to benefit from district contracts than about our children's well being and academic progress. Now I see that they granted a cash payday to a select employee for no given reason. How do we look into this, should it not be of public record what the taxpayer's money was disbursed for? Taxpayer's money should be used to enrich the learning of our students and for hiring qualified employees not just given to an employee for unknown reasons or providing jobs for board members friends and relatives. I seem to see a lot of ethical violations and appearances of impropriety here and all these board members need to be voted out as well as replacement of principals, administration and the superintendent. Our children deserve so much better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
December 2015 Vargas 23 min Liar 1
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 1 hr Mike 158
Administrative leave is a must for Michael Corn... 4 hr seriously 25
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 12 hr BIIP Pocket Picking 41
"I'll make a note on that?" 13 hr Elaine 16
It is in the genes Dec 20 Plea bargain 6
Exclusive: Cop says political reasons keep hit-... Dec 20 Follow Up 8
Blue Island Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blue Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blue Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blue Island

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:21PM
Brandon Marshall on Dominic Raiola: Dirty player, worse person
NBC Sports 1:23 PM
Lions' Raiola suspended 1 game for stomping on opponent - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:31 PM
Allen (Knee) to Get MRI; Considered Day-to-Day
ESPN 2:14 PM
Bears' Marshall blasts Raiola: A dirty player
NBC Sports 4:10 PM
PFT Whiparound: Jay Cutler will return in Week 17