Is this how Union County law enforcement treats all newcomers?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richard Thornton

Cleveland, GA

#1 Jun 23, 2011
I have been living here for over a year now. The entire time I have had a police tracting device on my car, and my phone is monitored by young single mothers in their homes - working part time for the sheriff's department. One of the women, who monitors my email works full time as a teller for a local bank. That is standard operating procedure in North Georgia for handling illegal phone taps. I have no criminal record and a perfect driving record. One would think that the local gendarmes would think twice before screwing with someone, who writes for the national media, but apparently they think that no one knows.

What I have found out so far is that local cops made a lot of money during the boom times feeding insider information to local realtors. They would claim to be "investigating" someone for using drugs or being terrorist. Our good friend, George Bush, pushed through laws that make the standards for "investigation" rather vague. When the non-law enforcement personnel actually monitoring the phones and internet got something useful, the cop would then sell the information to a realtor.

One lady told me that she called her mother at 10 o'clock in the morning to tell her that she might sell her house. By 1:30 that afternoon, a prominent local realtor called her up to ask for her listing. Her mother said that she had told NO ONE about her daughter's possible interest in selling her home.

What is even more sad about this corruption, is that it MUCH worse in Fannin County. There, the primary function (and source of income) of the state patrol post is to protect drug dealers living in a compound up in Cherry Log. The attorney who represents the interests of those drug dealers is now Georgia's Speaker of the House! It is a wonder that God has not already destroyed this state with fire and brimstone, like Sodom and Gomorrah!
Richard Thornton

Cleveland, GA

#2 Jun 23, 2011
I live in Union County. I don't know why Topix puts me in Dahlonega!
doogie

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Jun 23, 2011
Richard Thornton wrote:
I have been living here for over a year now. The entire time I have had a police tracting device on my car, and my phone is monitored by young single mothers in their homes - working part time for the sheriff's department. One of the women, who monitors my email works full time as a teller for a local bank. That is standard operating procedure in North Georgia for handling illegal phone taps. I have no criminal record and a perfect driving record. One would think that the local gendarmes would think twice before screwing with someone, who writes for the national media, but apparently they think that no one knows.
What I have found out so far is that local cops made a lot of money during the boom times feeding insider information to local realtors. They would claim to be "investigating" someone for using drugs or being terrorist. Our good friend, George Bush, pushed through laws that make the standards for "investigation" rather vague. When the non-law enforcement personnel actually monitoring the phones and internet got something useful, the cop would then sell the information to a realtor.
One lady told me that she called her mother at 10 o'clock in the morning to tell her that she might sell her house. By 1:30 that afternoon, a prominent local realtor called her up to ask for her listing. Her mother said that she had told NO ONE about her daughter's possible interest in selling her home.
What is even more sad about this corruption, is that it MUCH worse in Fannin County. There, the primary function (and source of income) of the state patrol post is to protect drug dealers living in a compound up in Cherry Log. The attorney who represents the interests of those drug dealers is now Georgia's Speaker of the House! It is a wonder that God has not already destroyed this state with fire and brimstone, like Sodom and Gomorrah!
This is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever read on Topix. You are one weird individual. I seriously doubt you are being monitored but, you should be since you appear as some kind of very serious mental case.
doogie

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Jun 23, 2011
Richard Thornton wrote:
Probably just wishful thinking on Topix's part. I wish you lived in Dalhlonega too. You are one strange dude. You should also be wathing out for aliens from outer space. They're comin to git ya.
Dr T

Titusville, FL

#5 Jun 23, 2011
Richard Thornton wrote:
Your just not smart enough to figure that out mister educated individual who writes for national publications.....
We have an invasion

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Jun 23, 2011
Have you and mountain voice gotten together?If not,you should.He goes to the mountains for his advice.You come down from the mountains and tell us what you have learned while there(living in a tent with internet?!).Isn't the examiner -the magazine you say you are an editor for kinda like THE Enquirer?Always reporting of sightings of aliens,man pregnant with twins,etc.,etc.Give us a link to a believable story that has been published in this magazine.
Truth

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Jun 23, 2011
Somedays you feel like a nut.
Somedays you don't.
info

Birmingham, AL

#8 Jun 23, 2011
Richard Thornton wrote:
NO that Attorney just isnt afraid of the bull sh** lieing law enforcement, judges and people of power and will stand up for the common man...
Bobbyone

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Jun 23, 2011
I expect that tracking device might be a coon hound tracking device put on your vehicle by some of the local boys. That way they can tell if u r a COON DOG or a man that lives in the woods..........
Richard Thornton wrote:
Harry Bawls

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Jun 23, 2011
Richard Thornton wrote:
What U smokin'? Some of that whacky weed you found in the mountains when you were homeless and the Feds were killing and beating up people?

Are you related to Linda Pittman? Maybe her kin or husband? Or are you really Mountain Voice having flashbacks?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 23, 2011
This stuff sound a whole lot like the stuff Ben Neece used to come into the newspaper office and tell me when I was editor at the NGN. Poor old Ben... he was not really too bad a guy, but just quite a bit off center...
Mary

Dawsonville, GA

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Harry Bawls wrote:
<quoted text>
What U smokin'? Some of that whacky weed you found in the mountains when you were homeless and the Feds were killing and beating up people?
Are you related to Linda Pittman? Maybe her kin or husband? Or are you really Mountain Voice having flashbacks?
Sounds a lot like YOU .

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Rich Redneck II wrote:
This stuff sound a whole lot like the stuff Ben Neece used to come into the newspaper office and tell me when I was editor at the NGN. Poor old Ben... he was not really too bad a guy, but just quite a bit off center...
You have got to be the dumbest of the dumb. People who were raised in these parts know that the best way to get their azz handed to them on a platter is talk about someone else's kin. You just go running at the mouth at full speed all the time.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 23, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>You have got to be the dumbest of the dumb. People who were raised in these parts know that the best way to get their azz handed to them on a platter is talk about someone else's kin. You just go running at the mouth at full speed all the time.
As both of his sons are friends on mine, I really doubt that. Notice, too, that I said Ben was not really a bad guy. He had a lot of good points, unfortunately, he did have mental problems, that is no secret. Anyone who has lived here a while knows that.

While I was at the newspaper, I had to write about Ben's episode at Branan Lodge, where he barracaded himself inside an apartment with his girlfriend as a hostage. The incident ended with Neece being shot and forcably taken into custody. Neither of his sons held anything against me because I had to report on the incident. Instead, they accepted that their father had mental issues and made the best of good times they had left with him.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 23, 2011
Rich Redneck II wrote:
<quoted text>
As both of his sons are friends on mine, I really doubt that. Notice, too, that I said Ben was not really a bad guy. He had a lot of good points, unfortunately, he did have mental problems, that is no secret. Anyone who has lived here a while knows that.
While I was at the newspaper, I had to write about Ben's episode at Branan Lodge, where he barracaded himself inside an apartment with his girlfriend as a hostage. The incident ended with Neece being shot and forcably taken into custody. Neither of his sons held anything against me because I had to report on the incident. Instead, they accepted that their father had mental issues and made the best of good times they had left with him.
They may not be your friend tomorrow after you made fun of their father on the internet. Would you want someone telling the world that your father was a kook who had mental problems? I bet not. Sometimes I can't help but feel sorry for you.
Bobbyone

Hooks, TX

#16 Jun 23, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>They may not be your friend tomorrow after you made fun of their father on the internet. Would you want someone telling the world that your father was a kook who had mental problems? I bet not. Sometimes I can't help but feel sorry for you.
Senility can set in early and last a looooong time.
Wonde if Moon is related to the Moon-Beam in California..........

Location hidden

#17 Jun 23, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>They may not be your friend tomorrow after you made fun of their father on the internet. Would you want someone telling the world that your father was a kook who had mental problems? I bet not. Sometimes I can't help but feel sorry for you.
You're right, I need to go back to making fun of you, bobby, ACOG and MV... Old Ben couldn't help having problems, but you rejects supposedly are still sane...

Maybe you super-sleuths can go back and create some more reports about all the illegal stuff going on in the county and get the Atlanta TV stations up here to report on it... Oh, that's right, you already goofed that one up!!!

Location hidden

#18 Jun 23, 2011
Richard Thornton wrote:
It is a wonder that God has not already destroyed this state with fire and brimstone, like Sodom and Gomorrah!
Maybe you can ask ol' MV about some help with that... he talks to the Mountain, you know...

Location hidden

#19 Jun 24, 2011
Rich Redneck II wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I need to go back to making fun of you, bobby, ACOG and MV... Old Ben couldn't help having problems, but you rejects supposedly are still sane...
Maybe you super-sleuths can go back and create some more reports about all the illegal stuff going on in the county and get the Atlanta TV stations up here to report on it... Oh, that's right, you already goofed that one up!!!
I don't have any reports. Never have and don't plan on making any. I just know how things are as well as many other folks. You fools say no one reads topix but at any time 100 people are on here reading what you fools write trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear. Now anyone with any sense knows that isn't the same 100 people on here all the time. The message gets out and it's a year until election so their is time to get the message home. All you can do is make a fool of yourself about mountains talking and making fun of people and buying tee shirts. Nothing of any substance. Just how much credibility dso you think you have newspaper man.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#20 Jun 24, 2011
Truth wrote:
Somedays you feel like a nut.
Somedays you don't.
Award winning post.

If they ever create an awards program, this will be in the semi-finals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 7 hr lola 102
Seafood 8 hr NoGoForSnow 41
Global Warming or Global Cold 9 hr Granny 6
Treating people infested with ebolo 14 hr Timmy_ 19
US flag 17 hr Barry Obama 11
Hillybillys han Floridians Sat Cowboy 17
Tipton Springs Rd Sat Cowboy 16

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:50PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Today in the NFL: Josh Gordon makes his return
Bleacher Report 3:37 PM
Ryan, Smith Share Blame for Wasted Opportunity
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?
NBC Sports12:49 AM
Hoyer recovers, leads Browns past Falcons, 26-24 - NBC Sports