Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

With the help of a friend I found out that the lady who wrote such a glowing letter prasing our great crooked leader works for Peach County which just happens to have a multi commission which Lamar says we don't need because we are lucky enough to have him. In other words if Peach county had another Lamar then this lady would not be needed. I doubt you can get her to denounce the form of govt. for Peach county.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Jealous!
NEWS FLASH ! There are people that do not share the opinion of you, ACOG and this disgruntled group who hate our leaders, citizens and community.
UC Resident

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

LOL. That post really made sense, didn't it!
Wow. Such boredom to find a need to see who wrote a letter. Geez.
Oh My My

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Big shoes to fill
Dear Editor,
In the June 6, edition of the North Georgia News I read letters to the editor concerning Mr. Charles Rich who has submitted his name for consideration to be the next Commissioner for Union County. I do not know Mr. Rich and would certainly not say anything to speak unkindly of him without having personal knowledge to back up my comments. However, I have met Mr. Lamar Paris and have had an opportunity to become familiar with his performance as Union County’s Commissioner. While the voters will have to decide which direction it wishes to take in this election, I believe it is important for the voters to also know what they have had in Mr. Paris and what his contribution has been to Union County.
My name is Marcia Johnson, and I am the County Administrator for Peach County, Georgia. My husband and I own a small piece of paradise in Union County that we enjoy as often as time allows, which we one day hope to make our permanent home. Our time there is not spent in trying to bring our ideas into Union County to make others adapt to us, but to join in and be a part of the Union County that is. We have been openly welcomed by many life-long Union County residents who have worked hard to help us feel completely at home there.
Because of my back-ground in county government (36 years), I felt it important to meet the Union County Com-missioner to learn more about the county that we had become a part of. Having worked for Boards of Commissioners for most of my adult life in Peach County, Clarke County, and later Athens-Clarke County, I had concerns about how the sole commissioner form of government could work. My personal knowledge of working with multiple commissioners included periods of significant delays and conflict over a number of issues which I do not believe were always beneficial, and in some cases the conflict and delays were counter-productive. How-ever, I still had a great deal of concern about having one single individual holding a position of such high authority. Therefore, I called the Commissioner’s office, and Mr. Paris very graciously agreed to meet with my husband and myself one afternoon, and it was an extremely enlightening meeting. His knowledge and deep understanding of the issues surrounding county government were very impressive. Even more apparent was his commitment and love for the county that he serves. His hard work to make Union County the best it can be is evidenced in the positive changes that have occurred during the years that we have been enjoying the beauty of Union County. I left that meeting knowing that the key to having a successful sole commissioner form of government was to have the right per-son holding that position, and I felt that Union County had got-ten it right when they chose La-mar Paris to hold that position.
For those that are not aware, Commissioner Lamar Paris is a past-president of the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia, which is a very honored and prestigious appointment among County Com-missioners. In speaking with my own Commissioners, I have learned how highly respected Mr. Paris is among his fellow com-missioners and how he has honorably and positively represented Union County across the state.
I am not personally a registered voter in Union County and will not be able to cast a vote in this election. However, I do have an opinion, and that opinion is that should Mr. Rich be elected to serve as Union County’s Com-missioner, he will have massive shoes to fill if he is as successful as Mr. Paris has been during his tenure as Commissioner
Marcia Johnson

“Honesty & Integrity”

Since: Mar 12

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Reb Blairsville wrote:
With the help of a friend I found out that the lady who wrote such a glowing letter prasing our great crooked leader works for Peach County which just happens to have a multi commission which Lamar says we don't need because we are lucky enough to have him. In other words if Peach county had another Lamar then this lady would not be needed. I doubt you can get her to denounce the form of govt. for Peach county.
What happened to the word limits on letters to the editor?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Observer wrote:
Jealous!
NEWS FLASH ! There are people that do not share the opinion of you, ACOG and this disgruntled group who hate our leaders, citizens and community.
No one hates our commissioner, citizens and community. We just don't have any use for a crooked politiician or the folks who back him with nothing but trash. Give us one instance where anyone has said anything against the citizens or the community. I would in all honesty have to say that the people who oppose Lamar Paris are more loving of the people and the community than you bunch of loud moth idiots will ever be able to muster. Show me where you have even picked up a can in the street to help the community. A lot of people are putting their lives on the line while you sit around dand ddo nothing.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Just another way to fill the NGN with more propaganda.

Very interesting tactic used.

When she moves to Blairsville permanently she can have her foot in the door if Lamar stays in office but was making sure she put in a word or two for Rich just in case Lamar does not get re-elected.

http://www.peachcounty.net/administrator.cfm

www.cleanandopen.org
Oh my

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Reb Blairsville wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Just gotta wonder what kind of "help" your friend provided because there was little to "find out" about the author that wasn't clearly presented in the letter.

In fact at the start of the second paragraph it clearly states who the author is, and the fact that she is the County Administrator for Peach County, GA.

This is an equally amazing pronouncement coming from you, "I doubt you can get her to denounce the form of govt. for Peach county."

Apparantly your helpful friend overlooked this in the thrid paragraph:
"My personal knowledge of the working of multiple commissoners included periods of significant delays and conflict over a number of issues which I do not believe were always benefical, and in some cases the conflicts and delays were counter-productive."
Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Oh My My wrote:
Big shoes to fill
Dear Editor,
In the June 6, edition of the North Georgia News I read letters to the editor concerning Mr. Charles Rich who has submitted his name for consideration to be the next Commissioner for Union County. I do not know Mr. Rich and would certainly not say anything to speak unkindly of him without having personal knowledge to back up my comments. However, I have met Mr. Lamar Paris and have had an opportunity to become familiar with his performance as Union County’s Commissioner. While the voters will have to decide which direction it wishes to take in this election, I believe it is important for the voters to also know what they have had in Mr. Paris and what his contribution has been to Union County.
My name is Marcia Johnson, and I am the County Administrator for Peach County, Georgia. My husband and I own a small piece of paradise in Union County that we enjoy as often as time allows, which we one day hope to make our permanent home. Our time there is not spent in trying to bring our ideas into Union County to make others adapt to us, but to join in and be a part of the Union County that is. We have been openly welcomed by many life-long Union County residents who have worked hard to help us feel completely at home there.
Because of my back-ground in county government (36 years), I felt it important to meet the Union County Com-missioner to learn more about the county that we had become a part of. Having worked for Boards of Commissioners for most of my adult life in Peach County, Clarke County, and later Athens-Clarke County, I had concerns about how the sole commissioner form of government could work. My personal knowledge of working with multiple commissioners included periods of significant delays and conflict over a number of issues which I do not believe were always beneficial, and in some cases the conflict and delays were counter-productive. How-ever, I still had a great deal of concern about having one single individual holding a position of such high authority. Therefore, I called the Commissioner’s office, and Mr. Paris very graciously agreed to meet with my husband and myself one afternoon, and it was an extremely enlightening meeting. His knowledge and deep understanding of the issues surrounding county government were very impressive. Even more apparent was his commitment and love for the county that he serves. His hard work to make Union County the best it can be is evidenced in the positive changes that have occurred during the years that we have been enjoying the beauty of Union County. I left that meeting knowing that the key to having a successful sole commissioner form of government was to have the right per-son holding that position, and I felt that Union County had got-ten it right when they chose La-mar Paris to hold that position.
For those that are not aware, Commissioner Lamar Paris is a past-president of the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia, which is a very honored and prestigious appointment among County Com-missioners. In speaking with my own Commissioners, I have learned how highly respected Mr. Paris is among his fellow com-missioners and how he has honorably and positively represented Union County across the state.
I am not personally a registered voter in Union County and will not be able to cast a vote in this election. However, I do have an opinion, and that opinion is that should Mr. Rich be elected to serve as Union County’s Com-missioner, he will have massive shoes to fill if he is as successful as Mr. Paris has been during his tenure as Commissioner
Marcia Johnson

Dear Marcia;
Your an unfortunate one for posting here. You lack class, intelligence, and no one in Union county values your opinion except Lamar who had to go out of the county to get an endorsement.

And we do know what we have in Mr Paris, enough manure to cover every land lot in Union county and your letter can add an extra layer. Continued...
Cat Head Biscuit

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Reb Blairsville wrote:
Damn, what a super sleuth you are!! You're the next Sherlock Holmes for sure!! The woman who wrote the letter to the editor stated who she is and where she works. Even a retard could figure it out.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Just gotta wonder what kind of "help" your friend provided because there was little to "find out" about the author that wasn't clearly presented in the letter.
In fact at the start of the second paragraph it clearly states who the author is, and the fact that she is the County Administrator for Peach County, GA.
This is an equally amazing pronouncement coming from you, "I doubt you can get her to denounce the form of govt. for Peach county."
Apparantly your helpful friend overlooked this in the thrid paragraph:
"My personal knowledge of the working of multiple commissoners included periods of significant delays and conflict over a number of issues which I do not believe were always benefical, and in some cases the conflicts and delays were counter-productive."
Oh My since you are the bearer of all intelligence in yours and lamars mind could you tell me if they might have a topix where this lady is from. maybe her bosses would like to see what she thinks of them.
Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

continued...

Yes, you and Lamar have created a methane plant in Union county. I dare say I will skip Peach county my next trip south or just pass right through it.

As for Mr Rich, I daresay he has valid points to get elected in Union County. Whether or not he uses them will determine if he gets elected or not.

Some of the points in his favor.

1-He can enter office with a fresh mind and new ideas.

2-He doesn't have an albatross hanging around his neck in the form of a community center.

3-He didn't create a community center with I.O.U.'s
hanging out every crack and crevice in the building.

4-He comes across as a valid conservative manager compared to an Obama big spender such as Lamar.

5-He hasn't stolen some ones land.

6-He pays his taxes.

He has the advantage of not having Oh my my on his side.
Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

ACOG wrote:
Just another way to fill the NGN with more propaganda.
Very interesting tactic used.
When she moves to Blairsville permanently she can have her foot in the door if Lamar stays in office but was making sure she put in a word or two for Rich just in case Lamar does not get re-elected.
http://www.peachcounty.net/administrator.cfm
www.cleanandopen.org

Gotta wonder if she has more than her foot in the door with Lamar.

Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

"For those that are not aware, Commissioner Lamar Paris is a past-president of the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia, which is a very honored and prestigious appointment among County Com-missioners. In speaking with my own Commissioners, I have learned how highly respected Mr. Paris is among his fellow com-missioners and how he has honorably and positively represented Union County across the state."

I expect if she has a few fellow commissioner who speak well of him there also are many who speak badly of him.

Like outsiders are gonna sway voters in union county. That would be like if the French President endorsed Obama, or Obamas friends in the middle east endorsed him. Same as that lady from Peach county who has no class.

Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Gotta say one thing, Charles Rich better get his butt in gear or he'll never get off the starting line.

Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Observer wrote:
Jealous!

And there are more people who do not share your opinion of supporting tax evaders, property thieves, and using tax monies for extravagant and exorbitant spending sprees. The few who consider themselves to be privileged and feel the taxpayers owe them their livelihood. Who abuse and ignore the rules and laws of the State and by doing so cause pain and anguish to the citizens of this county.

Oh my

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Oh My since you are the bearer of all intelligence in yours and lamars mind could you tell me if they might have a topix where this lady is from. maybe her bosses would like to see what she thinks of them.
Course when you can't argue the thesis,
your only recourse is to get even.

Google is also your friend.
Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

here's Marcia Johnson's email address if anyone wants to send her a comment on her letter.

Marcia-Johnson at (at being this sign @) peachcounty.net

Tsplost

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

And here are the peach county commissioners email addresses...

melvin-walker at peachcounty.net

martin-moseley at peachcounty.net

roy-lewis at peachcounty.net

walter-smith at peachcounty.net

michael-dinkins at peachcounty.net

and here's their webpage.

michael-dinkins@peachcounty.ne t

I'm gonna write them and tell them their gal is causing troubles in Union county.

Oh My My

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Tsplost wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Marcia;
Your an unfortunate one for posting here. You lack class, intelligence, and no one in Union county values your opinion except Lamar who had to go out of the county to get an endorsement.
And we do know what we have in Mr Paris, enough manure to cover every land lot in Union county and your letter can add an extra layer. Continued...
You Fool, she did not post this, I did. It is a cut and paste from the North Georgia News.
Just another personal attack on someone who did not post on here and assuming you now who they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of120
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 26 min Aggie23 49,317
Farmers Market Rip-Off 4 hr camo 6
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts 5 hr Have you ever 19
Real estate 8 hr Buddy 1
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 9 hr Johnson 896
Malone Gets Kingston Beat In Union 9 hr just the way it is 3
Bank Closing 15 hr tilly 7
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs