First Prev
of 10
Next Last
just stating facts

Alma, GA

#184 Jun 27, 2012
How many of you concerned folks really knew the man behind the badge? Just reading the bullshit most of you have written not at all.
why not ask someone who knows him. Like the ones that attended his funeral. Did you happen to notice that none of the employees of the police department or sheriff department were interviewed by the paper nor any of the judges or attorneys he has worked with over the years.
What about the boys he helped coach in little league baseball? Bet they could let you know who the real man was.
People can only take being pushed so far before they crack. Let's hope you don't have to experience it any time in the near future. KARMA HAS A WAY OF KICKING ASS. MIGHT WANT TO REMEMBER THAT. Known the Murray family much to long. And they may try to turn this hell hole called Alma on its ear.
ViewFromAfar

San Bruno, CA

#185 Jun 28, 2012
Stop wrote:
Woman dont you think you have said enough on here, those people in those positions dont owe you anything. John is dead and gone and you of all people need to let it go and leave it in god's hands. Like really how long are you going to come on with this these postings?
<quoted text>
Perhaps you let the woman grieve for her husband in the way that helps her the most. Who cares if you think it's appropriate or not? 5 years from now you won't be talking about this at all, but she will still be missing her husband....
LadyBlackshear10 9

Jesup, GA

#186 Jun 28, 2012
I am do not care to join in any debate but I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to John's family as well as comment on the trash being said. I am even more saddened that John, a veteran police officer with the Alma Police Dept. has had his reputation dragged through the mud simply for doing his job so well. The law enforcement community has suffered a GREAT LOSS with John's passing and the leaders of Alma should be ashamed for not supporting him better than what I have been hearing. Being talked about and wrongly accused is something EVERY single officer will go through in their career at some point and time but this just takes the cake. I hope the person/persons who made the complaints have prepared themselves. From the sound of things, John is still working on the case and GOD is handing out the punishment this go around. Praying for everyone and the city of Alma, GA......"BIG" John....rest easy my brother.
Fancy

Waycross, GA

#187 Jun 28, 2012
LadyBlackshear109 wrote:
I am do not care to join in any debate but I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to John's family as well as comment on the trash being said. I am even more saddened that John, a veteran police officer with the Alma Police Dept. has had his reputation dragged through the mud simply for doing his job so well. The law enforcement community has suffered a GREAT LOSS with John's passing and the leaders of Alma should be ashamed for not supporting him better than what I have been hearing. Being talked about and wrongly accused is something EVERY single officer will go through in their career at some point and time but this just takes the cake. I hope the person/persons who made the complaints have prepared themselves. From the sound of things, John is still working on the case and GOD is handing out the punishment this go around. Praying for everyone and the city of Alma, GA......"BIG" John....rest easy my brother.
Do you really think that the city government would be less than supportive of a law enforcement person of John's caliber and reputation because he was criticized for "doing his job"? Give them more credit than that. And to base your opinion on what you "hear" rather than knowing the truth is just stupid.
gatormedic

Alma, GA

#188 Jun 28, 2012
you know i just wanted to say that i am greatful to have known Cpt.Murray. he was a good man,father,husband,grandfather ,officer and ect. the list goes on and on. i pray for his family all the time. it is so sad that he felt that what he did was his only choice to deal with the situation. Cpt.Murray would NEVER harm a child or anyone else for that matter unless he was put in danger or his family was . Cpt.Murray was a very well respected man and for him to be done the way he was done was WRONG on every level. i hope all of those involved in this are happy with yourselves. and for those who contintue to bash him even after he is dead and gone is sooooooo wrong and along with those who helped drive him to his grave i will pray for your souls bc i would hate to be you on judgment day. to mrs.beverley and family i continue to pray for yall. Cpt.Murray will be missed dearly... GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN...R.I.P 102... oh and i do agree the chief needs to go back to where he came from bc he has done nothing but cause trouble since he got here. and i also wanted to say that i think the BCSO done a wonderful job with Cpt. Murray's memorial service. Cpt.Murray always knew who had his back and it was shown.
What the hell

Alma, GA

#189 Jun 29, 2012
gahoneyeyez wrote:
How you going talk crap about John and you can't spell something as simple as white??? And anyways in any small town like alma the blacks and lower class white people cause a lot of problems!! I'm not racist by no means but that's in alma all the way to Atl !! People know drugs r illegal, murder and etc so why talk crap about someone who was trying to help???<quoted text>
Bitch you must be white that was some stupid shit to say.....
hey

Oxford, AL

#190 Jul 10, 2012
always more to it wrote:
<quoted text>The same kind of mother that let her girl run around doing things she should not have been doing. You never know this may not have been these two girls first rodeo. Sure there is lots more to the story..problem is you will not hear the whole truth cause they are minors in the eyes of the law...but grown in their eyes.It will come out soon enough..people like this cant keep their mouths shut, they will have to start bragging soon. What kind of mother are you...do you know what your children do all the time or just when you think you can cause a stink for someone else. Its hard to go around and say your kids are not the best role models or the mother either. Its yalot easier to put the blame on someone else to cover for your stupidity.
you are way out of line saying "it wasnt their first rodeo" those are children and you are a terrible individual!!! i dont care if a kid is naked and rubbing their hooch in front of you, that doesnt give you the right to moleste them or even look at them wrong if they are having sex early its a result of bad parenting or something has already happened to them watch your mouth you nasty slack jawed loser!!!
Concerned Citizen

Alma, GA

#191 Jul 11, 2012
Now now people In the words of the late,great Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?" You people are getting mad at each other and making racial slurs and calling each other names over an incident that doesn't even concern you. It is sad when a man with the power to make decisions,sometimes life altering decisions, makes a bad call. But a real man would have stood his ground and faced the consequences of his actions.Just look around the world:Hitler-bad call Suicide:Pol Pot-bad call-firing squad. OJ- bad call-wrongly freed-now where he belongs-a prison bitch. The list goes on and on with people that make bad decisions and then get caught and they can't face the consequences of their actions. They leave family and friends to clean up the aftermaath of their tortured souls. Some people are just plain evil.Please don't let the cowardly results of one man getting caught make you hate each other.Pray for the family and each other and we can all heal together. God Bless
CALEB MILLER

Norcross, GA

#192 Jul 11, 2012
Bobby Murray wrote:
To all those who know the truth about my father he was a good man who did know wrong. All this was lies from a person who was mad my dad took a pervert off the streets and now my dad is gone because the fools of alma took away everything from him. To those who have spoke nice of him i thank you and please keep my family in your prayers. To those who continue to bad mouth i say grow a pair and put your name on here and stop hiding behind a screen name. To those who drove him to this i hope justice finds you and u suffer for eternity!
I agree, be a man or woman and stand behind what u say. This man was a second father to me and a best friend. i saw this man do to many things for this community for people to speak this way he was a great influence in my life. R.i.p. Big john
The Real Truth

Alma, GA

#193 Jul 12, 2012
John Murray was cleared of everything. The man did nothing wrong. The newspaper took a piece of gossip and ran with it. The newspaper editor was fired for it. John did not molest a child. He did not do anything perverted. If you have any doubts contact the local GBI office that investigated him I'm sure they will set you straight. This all came down to the man not wanting to follow along with the politics in city hall and they had to find away to get rid of him. It is unfortunate that it ended the way it did. From what I've heard John had some health problems that he tried his best to hide but the man was in some serious pain and that combined with all the stress of the accusations led to his suicide. THE MAN WAS CLEARED OF EVERYTHING so leave the legacy he left behind alone! R.I.P. Captain Murray
Fancy

Waycross, GA

#194 Jul 14, 2012
The Real Truth wrote:
John Murray was cleared of everything. The man did nothing wrong. The newspaper took a piece of gossip and ran with it. The newspaper editor was fired for it. John did not molest a child. He did not do anything perverted. If you have any doubts contact the local GBI office that investigated him I'm sure they will set you straight. This all came down to the man not wanting to follow along with the politics in city hall and they had to find away to get rid of him. It is unfortunate that it ended the way it did. From what I've heard John had some health problems that he tried his best to hide but the man was in some serious pain and that combined with all the stress of the accusations led to his suicide. THE MAN WAS CLEARED OF EVERYTHING so leave the legacy he left behind alone! R.I.P. Captain Murray
John was not charged with anything criminal. However, he did do something wrong. He went off protocol when interviewing children and families regarding sexual abuse. Was that a firable offense? I dont know. Was it criminal? Not in the eyes of the law. Was it unethical? Absolutely. Did John mean harm? Probably not. But to say he did nothing wrong is not exactly correct. I do wish peace and comfort to his family and friends.
GSR

Norcross, GA

#195 Jul 14, 2012
Fancy wrote:
<quoted text>
John was not charged with anything criminal. However, he did do something wrong. He went off protocol when interviewing children and families regarding sexual abuse. Was that a firable offense? I dont know. Was it criminal? Not in the eyes of the law. Was it unethical? Absolutely. Did John mean harm? Probably not. But to say he did nothing wrong is not exactly correct. I do wish peace and comfort to his family and friends.
The man didn't go off "protocol" as you say. The asked the questions he had to ask to make sure the girl wasn't lying considering the fact she has accused several other men of doing things to her in the past. Ever heard of the story of the boy who cried wolf. He had to make sure he wasn't locking up an innocent man. What kind of questions would you ask if you had to interview her? All you know is what you read in the paper. You weren't in the room! I wasn't but i knew the man and he was as by the book as a man can be. Hell he wrote the policies from what I've heard. The man didn't do anything wrong. The real truth person was right. After his death Big John was not only cleared of anything criminal but he was fully cleared of doing anything unethical too.
Truth B Told

Atlanta, GA

#196 Jul 16, 2012
John was a greatly, respected, individual that was admired by many. There is no one in the Law Enforcement family that I respect as much as John Murray!
TRUTH

Waycross, GA

#197 Sep 18, 2012
He who has done no wrong has nothing to fear...so why take your own life. he could have been cleared but any professional would know what he did was not ethically correct. he cross so many lines and hurt so many innocent people. I pray for those victims to heal from what he did wrong. and may God forgive him because we still have a hard time doing so.
TRUTH YOU SUCK

Alma, GA

#198 Sep 18, 2012
He probably killed himself to get away from brainless shitters like you. IF you want to pray for something, pray that you'll quit being such a dumbass. Go jump off a cliff bitch.
Kim Murray

Baxley, GA

#199 Sep 19, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
He who has done no wrong has nothing to fear...so why take your own life. he could have been cleared but any professional would know what he did was not ethically correct. he cross so many lines and hurt so many innocent people. I pray for those victims to heal from what he did wrong. and may God forgive him because we still have a hard time doing so.
Do your research; he was cleared of any wrongdoing. He was a wonderful man whom you obviously did not know or were on the wrong side of the law and had dealings with him. He was one of the kindest men I have ever known. My children miss him terribly and loved him very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blackshear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 18 min Synergy 55,521
Parking at the new stadium 14 hr SMH 19
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 15 The WB 2,055
Skating rink in Jamestown? Sep 14 Douglasdad 1
fire on cody road Sep 13 Sissy 7
big buck Sep 12 Spanky Hamm 2
papas deli 2 (Sep '12) Sep 12 Liz912 13
•••
•••
•••

Blackshear Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Blackshear People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blackshear News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blackshear
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••