Rowe Furniture company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Full story: WSLS-TV Roanoke

Rowe Furniture's parent company "The Rowe Companies," is filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy reorganization.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 218 of218
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Charlene-Pedroli e-sucks

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

Does anyone else have first hand knowlege of Charlene Pedrolie and her disastrous turn at Rowe or any other company?
Hannibal

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

I worked for Rowe Furniture in Elliston for a number of years and found it to be the most stressful and non-caring place that I have ever worked! If one talks to Rowe employees it becomes very clear that the management hasn't a clue in employee relations nor do they care. Anger and put-downs are the methods used to motivate employees!I have never seen such ignorance in my entire life. Almost every personality disorder listed in DMV-IV is represented at this facility. You have so many people walking around pretending to be more intelligent than they acually are and it is hilarious to say the least! This is a factory that employs factory mentalities, thats why they are there instead of splitting the atom so to speak. Drug and alcohol abuse is everywhere but is overlooked for the sake of production goals. Women walk around crying due to the stress and most of them have abusive spouses to further add to their problems. So sad, so sad.
Debbie

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

On May 26, 2006, I bought furniture from Storehouse. It came damaged. They assured me they would order new pieces and to keep what was sent. I tryed 2 more deliveries only to have worse damages and the wron g pieces delivered. Then the store went bankrupt. I used the Credit card with 18 months no payments. I still will not pay for damaged furniture 4 years later. I am currently being sued and harassed by HSBC. We are all victims here and as consumers we should have some rights. Thank you for all the information. I will check into the May 9,2006 date. If that is true then Storehouse, Rowe, and HSBC have frauded alot of people! I will repost after court.
A Nasa

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Does anyone know the status of this case? I filed my claim back in 2007 and don't even know where to go to get an update. Obviously no one has contacted me.
abc

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

A Nasa wrote:
Does anyone know the status of this case? I filed my claim back in 2007 and don't even know where to go to get an update. Obviously no one has contacted me.
I'm wondering the same thing. There used to be a site administar.com that had the claim and case information but it seems to now be redirected to a law firm where I can't find any mention of Rowe company.
I sent my claim years ago as well and saw a record of it in administar before but have also never been contacted.
Scott

Corry, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

good question--wasn't it administar.net ---either way it is gone, not that i could undserstand what was happening anyway. My company lost $174,000 in this bankruptcy--should have been a criminal case as the orders increased dramatically just before...4 years later....i'm sure the lawyers are sucking down whats left of our money...
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering the same thing. There used to be a site administar.com that had the claim and case information but it seems to now be redirected to a law firm where I can't find any mention of Rowe company.
I sent my claim years ago as well and saw a record of it in administar before but have also never been contacted.
A Nasa

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Scott wrote:
good question--wasn't it administar.net ---either way it is gone, not that i could undserstand what was happening anyway. My company lost $174,000 in this bankruptcy--should have been a criminal case as the orders increased dramatically just before...4 years later....i'm sure the lawyers are sucking down whats left of our money...
<quoted text>
Yes. I also tried to find out as much as I could through administar.net but as you said, its gone. Maybe we can all try to call that law office that its being directed to and see if we can get anywhere. Otherwise, call the courts.
Rowe Employee

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

happyinWI wrote:
i own rowe(3sets) and all are perfect. we have a slip cover sectional, and it is great. with two dogs and two kids we wash it every season, and it still looks great. it seams a lot of stores are going bankrupt, and they blaim everyone but themselves. I just read about rowe in the WSJ this past week, and they are still going strong.
Yeah, bought out of bankruptcy by a private equity company out of Boca Raton, FL. The purchased the company for $24 million and the court allowed the bid even though the companies assets were booked at $69 million....no one else wanted the company because of its internal chaos.

Delighted you have a wonderful Rowe product as they are a great company when they don't have someone like Charlene Pedrolie driving off the best employees. The company NEVER recovered from the loss of its best people while she reigned as VP of manufacturing. To this day the new ownership has not made a dime and survive off of the deep pockets of its current ownership structure.
Rowe Employee

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

A Nasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I also tried to find out as much as I could through administar.net but as you said, its gone. Maybe we can all try to call that law office that its being directed to and see if we can get anywhere. Otherwise, call the courts.
The company now goes by ROWE FINE FURNITURE and is still in business, but owned now by Sun Capital out of Boca Raton, FL. They own numerous furniture companies (manufacturing and retailers) under a subsidiary company called Furniture Brands Intl (I believe). Before the bankruptcy of Rowe Furniture Companies their wholly owned subsidiary called STOREHOUSE (the retail store chain) filed bankruptcy and closed their doors. Storehouse was based out of Atlanta, GA. I'm not sure if their bankruptcy was handled out of the Federal Bankruptcy district for Georgia or if THE ROWE COMPANIES (now known as ROWE FINE FURNITURE) changed the incorporation of Storehouse to a Nevada Corporation, which is where Rowe was incorporated. I am reasonably certain that there would be no proceeds out of the bankruptcy settlement to pay any money to those who lost money through Storehouse stores since customers are always at the very end of the line of ALL CREDITORS owed. First the lenders get any proceeds from a bankruptcy sale and G. E. Capital was owed $50 million dollars so that pretty much took care of the $24 million in proceeds from the sale. Then the vendors (fabric suppliers, lumber suppliers, steel springs suppliers and so on) get anything left and then the customer.....when nothing is left for the customer. Don't waste your time looking for money from these two bankrupt entities. You would be better off suing Gerald Birnbach, his brother Barry Birnbach and Gerald's son, Bruce Birnbach who is now President of American Leather in Dallas, TX. Gerald Birnbach still maintains an office at the new ROWE FINE FURNITURE corporate offices located in Northern Virginia.....the fact that the new ownership gives the former Chairman of this bankrupt company an office and the fact that they still employee his brother, Barry Birnbach tells me that the entire bankruptcy sale was rigged and discussed between the Birnbachs and parties at Sun Capital in advance of the bankruptcy hearing which, if that is true, is grossly illegal....but explains a lot of odd circumstances surrounding the bankruptcy sale for only $24 million. Very curious and I wish you all well in your desire to reclaim money you paid for product delivered damaged or deposits for furniture you never got. If the NEW owners are using the same ROWE name (simply changed to ROWE FINE FURNITURE) then they should care about the reputation and goodwill of the ROWE name in the marketplace. Instead of having you people bad mouth ROWE for the rest of your lives to hundreds or thousands of other consumers the new ROWE should make you all happy by delivering the furniture to paid deposits on with Storehouse (their company owned stores) and by replacing furniture that was delivered damaged. As long as you have your receipts to prove the HISTORY OF YOUR COMPLAINTS then ROWE FINE FURNITURE should chin up to making you happy despite the fact that it is another company owned by different people....but after all they chose to keep the ROWE name.....I mean if the Birnbachs are still there then all the past ties are not severed....so your proof of purchase history must still be valid as well. Call ROWE FINE FURNITURE and make your case with the corporate office located in Tysons Corner, McClean, Arlington, Alexandria.....not sure exactly where they are these days....but they are STILL IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA. I'm sure some of you "google" sluths can find a phone number....if not call their factory in Elliston, VA and get the number from them....or sue the former CEO and his board of directors who ignored their fiduciary responsibilities to stock holders by ignoring the management problems that let the company go into bankruptcy.
The Bright Idea

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Charlene-Pedrolie-sucks wrote:
Does anyone else have first hand knowlege of Charlene Pedrolie and her disastrous turn at Rowe or any other company?
She left G. E.(their light bulb manufacturing facility in Cleveland, OH) under rather mysterious circumstances. Unfortunately that factory was recently shuttered as G. E. no longer makes incandescent lights.....but the factory may still be owned by G. E and someone might still be there as a caretaker who would have knowledge of her....however that has been over 15 years ago.
Rowe Employee

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Arlette wrote:
I am so glad I found this page. I was going to order a Rowe sofa, but will not do so now. Thank you for writing about the demise of this company. The stores that carry their products do not tell the customer the truth. I was in a store last night and was told to order the sofa I wanted in any of the fabrics they had. How can a salesperson be permitted to lie to a consumer in such a clearly fraudulent way? I believe everyone who takes part in the fraud should be prosecuted. The salesperson we had at Hamilton Furniture in Rockville,MD actually told us that Storehouse was out of business but Rowe was a going concern. And I believed her. Clearly, we need to check out any company before giving our hard earned dollar to them, regardless of how good the price seems or what story te salesperson tells us.
Right! You should check out any company selling big ticket items. Storehouse (owned by Rowe) did file bankruptcy first and closed their doors. Rowe (the manufacturer) hoped that getting rid of this $2 million a year money loser would keep the parent company out of bankruptcy. Salespeople at stores usually do not know that one of their suppliers is in trouble unless store management tells them....and why would they if they still want to sell the product. A good store owner will pull the product off his floor and NOT sell something to his customer that may never be delivered. But retailers that did business with Rowe for 40 years have emotional ties and want to try and help a company like Rowe by continuing to sell their product....BAD IDEA. If you had "googled" Rowe as early as the beginning of 2005 you would have found all sorts of financial news that would have given you a clue that they were in deep trouble.
Birnbach Family

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

former Rowe Employee wrote:
We have to be careful here and not mix up the Birnbachs. There is Gerry...also known as Mr B in the Rowe circle who is the Birnbach the article refers to...and who gave some of his own money to the company....and Barry...his loud and sometimes useless brother.....then there is Bruce. Bruce is Barry's son and this is the man who believed everything that the IT dept. and others were telling him. He was the one who ran the company in the ground and who is currently at the helm of American Leather!
<quoted text>
Way off base....Gerald Birnbach is the skunk in it all. His board of directors were puppets, he was voted hundreds of shares of stock options, even through out the 6 year decline and even exercised those options as low as .63 cents (price paid for stock options) when the stock was on its way to ruin. He took so much money out of the company (along with others, such as his brother and son). Brother Barry is NOT Bruce's father....Gerald Birnbach is Bruce's father. Bruce DID NOT play a part in the WRONG decisions at Rowe. Most of that can be blamed on Barry (who is still working at the "new" Rowe) and Tim Fortune who was a senior VP and worked with Barry to convince the Chairman (Barry's brother) into making a lot of wrong decisions (Fortune was the first executive to be asked to move on when the company was purchased by current owners). Bruce (last I heard) is doing a fantastic job as President of American Leather and making a beautiful quality product.
D Lew

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

I bought some furniture from Nantuckit Furniture Company recently. It think it's from Rowe but am not sure. Anyway, it's great furniture. I read above how Rowe declared for bankruptcy a few years ago and was suprised. The furniture I have is fantastic.
Here is Nantuckit's website in case...
http://www.nantuckit.com
well well

Talbott, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

just look out ppl at rowe u have a new vp he was vp at berkline so look out
well well

Talbott, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

how is the vp bob roupe doing. he lie to us at berkline now sun capp got him over there to shut u all down watch your backs!!!!!!
Darrow

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Okay, It's now 2012. My wife and i have been funiture shopping and we found a Rowe Sectional that we like; a lot. It's comfortable and fits our home. Big question: is the Rowe Dorset Sectional still made in the United States? I'd rather not burn the resources to bring something over from China. After all, my future son inlaw is serving in the Marines and I'd like to keep him state-side as long as possible.
why468

Talbott, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Darrow wrote:
Okay, It's now 2012. My wife and i have been funiture shopping and we found a Rowe Sectional that we like; a lot. It's comfortable and fits our home. Big question: is the Rowe Dorset Sectional still made in the United States? I'd rather not burn the resources to bring something over from China. After all, my future son inlaw is serving in the Marines and I'd like to keep him state-side as long as possible.
i would be very careful sun capital owns rowe. the vp is from berkline and sun ran berkline in the ground with that over seas crap then sun shut berklines doors just before spring hi point because the emplyees found a way to compete against china just look up berkline and see how the sun captols partners done the ppl of morristown. look at catnapper they are made in the usa
Julie

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

I LOVE my Rowe furniture and have had my first living room set for 15 years and the other for 10.
I do need new slip covers and would like information where I can get affordable replacements. The furniture is still in great shape and has many more years left.
I think the negative people on here need to look at themselves and quit bad-mouthing others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 218 of218
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Blacksburg Forum right now

Search the Blacksburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 14 hr Winona 1,348
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Mon Jim 1,434
Silly ho Mon Youwish 2
Second-Grader Knows What to Do (Dec '07) Apr 9 Ha! 2
Woman sues Town of Christiansburg and police de... (May '07) Apr 9 Nope 4
Suspect Was Legend In Va. Tech Community (Aug '06) Apr 9 Conway Twitty 12
Family receives sizable award (Mar '07) Apr 9 Conway Twitty 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Blacksburg Jobs

•••