created by: CitizenTopix | Oct 11, 2010

Oklahoma

3,249 votes

The "English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act"

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
10,601 - 10,620 of 11,286 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 15
Chief Big Tool

Shawnee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10919
Jul 17, 2012
 
Why ask the public this question about an official language? The Government is gonna do what it wants to do anyway, despite what we people think or want! Whoever asked it oughta be dowsed in boiling oil and thrown into a big blackberry thorn patch!
AValentine

Chouteau, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10920
Jul 20, 2012
 
There needs to be no FORCE involved in the language used by the people. This kind of nonsense is only a means of more protectionist garbage from the government, in this case, protecting the welfare state from invasion from foreigners. They want invasion to a certain extent, but too much and it will crash. In a free society there is no such thing as official language, or "papers", or ID, or any of the other nonsense. Freedom can deal with all the issues arising from folks trying to "get in". If you had to work for everything, as it would be in a truly free society, this wouldnt be an issue. The ONLY reason this is a problem is because the government subsidizes bad behaviour, that being living off the state, whic means living off the taxpayer.
Just Sayin

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10921
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The best reason to make English the official state language is to lower the cost of printing.

The majority of people in the United States, and Oklahoma, speak English. Having one language removes the burden on the state to provide for a slim minority of citizens.

Printing costs are astronomical. Having to print and warehouse only one language would save millions for all the state agencies.

It isn't about race or creed. It is about making the most of our state budget.
big bear

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10922
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Left Hooverville wrote:
Lmao, idiots. It sounds like a trivial thing but just another form of racism and economic discrimination. If this passes there will be little to no public services for those who don't speak English. Does that mean they don't have to pay taxes either? Probably not. Taxation without representation was the primary reason for the real tea party in Boston yet ironically most modern day tea baggers would support this.
lmao at your post ..it does not mean no services to those who speak another language. thats dumb..It does mean english first.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10923
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Sayin wrote:
The best reason to make English the official state language is to lower the cost of printing.
The majority of people in the United States, and Oklahoma, speak English. Having one language removes the burden on the state to provide for a slim minority of citizens.
Printing costs are astronomical. Having to print and warehouse only one language would save millions for all the state agencies.
It isn't about race or creed. It is about making the most of our state budget.
Denying not only civil rights but information that saves lives to people for no good reason is unspeakably wrong. It is ENTIRELY about bigotry and greed. Yes, it costs money to run a nation and we have more wealth than any nation in human history.
Poopy Pants

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10924
Jul 25, 2012
 
Okiedarren, those are non-issues. No one will be denied service.

You wanna talk about losing civil rights??

The patriot act, the homeland security act, several executive orders...our bill of rights is almost dead and the UN wants us to sign the Small Arms Ban Treaty of face trade sanctions in a week.

Now that's a loss of civil liberties and rights!
You Moron

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10925
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

4

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying not only civil rights but information that saves lives to people for no good reason is unspeakably wrong. It is ENTIRELY about bigotry and greed. Yes, it costs money to run a nation and we have more wealth than any nation in human history.
President Downgrade (obammy) has us $16 TRILLION in debt!! It's the largest debt in the history of the world!! We are the poorest nation!!
Poopy Pants

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10926
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

English has always been the main language spoken in the United States.

This really is a no brainer. This is a weak controversy.
Cherokee

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10927
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying not only civil rights but information that saves lives to people for no good reason is unspeakably wrong. It is ENTIRELY about bigotry and greed. Yes, it costs money to run a nation and we have more wealth than any nation in human history.
We know you would prefer Arabic, but dream on, it will not happen, a-hole!
Cherokee

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10928
Jul 25, 2012
 
You Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
President Downgrade (obammy) has us $16 TRILLION in debt!! It's the largest debt in the history of the world!! We are the poorest nation!!
he is known as a MORON throughout cyberspace..TOO MUCH WEED!
he's brain dead!

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10929
Jul 26, 2012
 
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>
he is known as a MORON throughout cyberspace..TOO MUCH WEED!
he's brain dead!
Respect the grass. Your children will be smoking it one day.
Silver7

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10931
Aug 15, 2012
 
I thought this was a non-issue. Everyone commenting here speaks English and only a small minority in the entire US doesn't speak English.

I don't see the problem or the controversy.

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10932
Aug 15, 2012
 
Silver7 wrote:
I thought this was a non-issue. Everyone commenting here speaks English and only a small minority in the entire US doesn't speak English.
I don't see the problem or the controversy.
It is largely the same as the debate to enforce driver's license and birth certificate checking at the voting ballots in Florida. The rednecks are gung-ho about forcing as many possible non-citizens from the state as possible, and the non-citizens are pushing for access to legal functions that they aren't entitled to. Everyone's just stepping on toes.
Words

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10933
Aug 18, 2012
 
madam X wrote:
<quoted text>
and if they can't read Engish they can't read the road signs and they should not have a drivers license


Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
Words

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10934
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

You Moron wrote:
<quoted text>
President Downgrade (obammy) has us $16 TRILLION in debt!! It's the largest debt in the history of the world!! We are the poorest nation!!


Very True!

The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" casually think about whether you do, or don't, want that politician spending your tax money!!

A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

And....

A billion dollars ago, was only 8 hours and 20 minutes at the rate Washington spends.
Words

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10935
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
It is largely the same as the debate to enforce driver's license and birth certificate checking at the voting ballots in Florida. The rednecks are gung-ho about forcing as many possible non-citizens from the state as possible, and the non-citizens are pushing for access to legal functions that they aren't entitled to. Everyone's just stepping on toes.


A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way:
I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism.
Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people.
The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class.
And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future.
Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,"

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo."
Words

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10936
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Stimulus
Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive another 'Economic Stimulus' payment. This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q.. Where will the government get this money ?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?
A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?
A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a
high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:
* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka .
* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.
* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India , Taiwan or China.
* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala
* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea .
* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan .
* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:
1) Spending it at yard sales, or
2) Going to ball games, or
3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
4) Beer or
5) Tattoos.
(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S.)

Conclusion:
Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day !

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could be of help.
Silver7

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10937
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
It is largely the same as the debate to enforce driver's license and birth certificate checking at the voting ballots in Florida. The rednecks are gung-ho about forcing as many possible non-citizens from the state as possible, and the non-citizens are pushing for access to legal functions that they aren't entitled to. Everyone's just stepping on toes.
The thing is, the citizens are right to resist those who aren't supposed to be here.
This nation has become lax in protecting itself due to political goals.
That is why I believe every encumbent should be replace and term limits set in Congress.

The "people", or in your terms, rednecks, are pushing back against political correctness and goals that are contrary to the best interests of this nation.

So, my take is, someone has to stand up for this state and nation. It might as well be rednecks.
Words

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10939
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, the citizens are right to resist those who aren't supposed to be here.
This nation has become lax in protecting itself due to political goals.
That is why I believe every encumbent should be replace and term limits set in Congress.
The "people", or in your terms, rednecks, are pushing back against political correctness and goals that are contrary to the best interests of this nation.
So, my take is, someone has to stand up for this state and nation. It might as well be rednecks.


Exactly!
texas kiowa

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10940
Aug 19, 2012
 
then you are a fail ''native american'' and a good sellout to promote an invaders language. hoht thaw koy. it is not ''our'' language its the lingo of the ones that murdered and imprisoned our children and now want to sweep that part of their history under the rug and for lack of a better term ''whitewash'' it. sounds like to me you are a white person not a native. probably about like most white peole with a sliver of indian blood such as the cherokee and 1/56 indian lol. no NDN i know would say total sellout shit like you just did. pretendian more like it. put down the chicken feather headdress and grow up. stop repping somthing you are obviously not. you dont speak for real indigenous people here saying crap like that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Binger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 36 min Sam 74,724
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Tue Dennis 2,602
ambulance (Oct '13) Aug 11 Mtviewcitizen 14
Ms Wilcocks Jul 30 A X FRIEND 1
Caddo County inmate dies Jul 30 Reader 6
Political standoff between Apache tribe and all... (Sep '08) Jul 26 Daniel Carattini 439
Seth Adkins Jul 25 Yousexy 1

Search the Binger Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Binger Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Binger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Binger News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Binger
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••