d'Iberville lands once again in Ocean Springs

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Mississippi Press

OCEAN SPRINGS Joe Mouney arrived early Sunday morning at Fort Maurepas and staked out a terrific spot to watch a re-enacted arrival of Pierre LeMoyne Sieur d'Iberville and his entourage of explorers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
OS girl

Pascagoula, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

It was a very disappointing Landing this year, no bands, no games, no crowds. Hope to see a better turn-out next year. I think the new Maurepas construction may have hindered the festivities.
Redfish

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Two reasons:
1. We have had enough festivals. We have festival burn-out in OS.

2. D'Iberville didn't land there, he landed somewhere around Lover's Lane (if not Biloxi) and that's where the fort was. Bogus!
OS girl

Pascagoula, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

1. We have had enough festivals. We have festival burn-out in OS.

Redfish, I'll give you that one!! Amen!
Weighing in

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Could it have been due to a threat of Somali pirates hoping to overtake d'Iberville? I'm not sure if that is true, but it sounds as credible as any of the other rumors I read about here... Phonicia parking lot & the cash box at the Mary C included!
Laura Murphy

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Weighing in wrote:
Could it have been due to a threat of Somali pirates hoping to overtake d'Iberville? I'm not sure if that is true, but it sounds as credible as any of the other rumors I read about here... Phonicia parking lot & the cash box at the Mary C included!
*YAWN*
Just Curious

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Laura Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
*YAWN*
Spending a little too much time in the parking lot of Phonecia are we?
Laura Murphy

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text> Spending a little too much time in the parking lot of Phonecia are we?
No, the yawn was indicating what a bore you are. silly.
Earwigging

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

I enjoy the landing every year. I think a community should have traditions. It may get old to the locals who have been here all their lives but remember- it was once a good time for you. This year may have had a more sparse crowd but next year should be outstanding since the fort will be complete. The 1699 Committee did a great job and all the players were so kind to give of their time. Thanks for a job well done y'all.
(no, I'm not on the committee but maybe a former cassette girl)
martha schultz

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text> Spending a little too much time in the parking lot of Phonecia are we?
Would someone just take "curious" out to the parking lot at Phoenicia and wear him out - my god this man is obcessed! Please, I beg you - he needs to get this out of his system - that's all he talks about!
sunshine

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

it IS getting boring...the Phonecia references.
martha schultz

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Biloxi Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Biloxi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance