Mailbox bombs = burst of trouble for Tewksbury teens

Jun 19, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lowell Sun

It's called the "Works Bomb," named after its main ingredient -- a toilet-bowl cleaner called The Works.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bob

Hudson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 19, 2010
 
So. "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner and small bits of tinfoil mixed together in a plastic bottle creates a powerful chemical bomb.
Thanks Lowell Sun !! Thanks !!
frog

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 19, 2010
 
one hundred hours of C.S... he should be sent around to fix all the mailboxes distroyed by bombs,and make restitution..
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 19, 2010
 
Restitution is ALWAYS the best deterrent.
Hammerhead

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 19, 2010
 
Bob wrote:
So. "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner and small bits of tinfoil mixed together in a plastic bottle creates a powerful chemical bomb.
Thanks Lowell Sun !! Thanks !!
yeah it's common knowledge
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 19, 2010
 
I think the USPS should be involved. Make it a federal case. The "jig" might be up but the punishment should be whatever people that put bombs in mailboxes get.
Media Guy

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 19, 2010
 
Cmon, leave the misguided students alone. There needs to be a bylaw that states that police officers should not be able to live in the communities that they work in. These kids would have gotten it out of their system. Just like the young Somali fishermen that chose the wrong cruise ship to vacation on. Look what happened to them!
Thomas T

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 19, 2010
 
Wondering wrote:
I think the USPS should be involved. Make it a federal case. The "jig" might be up but the punishment should be whatever people that put bombs in mailboxes get.
Wrong.
No one needs their lived destroyed because of a childhood prank.
Make them clean up the mess and replace the boxes and do some community time.
Bob - Listen Up

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 19, 2010
 
Yes, the "works" is a common, well known homemade chemical explosive which causes little harm other than the minor blast it creates. The paper (which, as a public servant I typically disagree with) did nothing wrong in reporting the ingredients becuase of one important face: they left out key components needed to make this homemade explosive harmful to others. Even if the paper did publish the necessary commodities needed to make an explosive of this nature, it would not warrant public outcry due to the face that this information is readily available to any individual who does a simple google search on how to make a homemade explosive.
Keep on throwing out misinformation. Civilians eat that stuff up.
eod
ScrewballS

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 19, 2010
 
I highly doubt someone with even 1/10 of a brain would say "The jig is up". Just tewks cops making stuff up again.
Joe Mamma

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 20, 2010
 
what ever happpend to mailbox baseball?
Sparky

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 20, 2010
 
I'm gonna make one of those today. Thanks Lowell Sun!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 20, 2010
 
Thomas T wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
No one needs their lived destroyed because of a childhood prank.
Make them clean up the mess and replace the boxes and do some community time.
Baloney. If they are old enough to drive they should know the difference between right and wrong. It's they only way to get these 'pranks' to stop. If kids want to blow things up let them do it at home.
Bob

Hudson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 20, 2010
 
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney. If they are old enough to drive they should know the difference between right and wrong. It's they only way to get these 'pranks' to stop. If kids want to blow things up let them do it at home.
Listen. Im not saying these people shouldn't be punished. But every time one of you self righteous justice crusaders ruins someones life over a petty act, you create yet another person who cant go to college, cant get a good job, and is much more likely to commit foolish acts in the future.
If you fill your world full of people who are cant get ahead of because of a bad police record, you ends up with much MORE activity like blown up mailboxes and other crimes. You are cutting off your own nose to spite your face.
Punishment can be handed out without getting the federal government involved.
If you intentionally cripple your own workforce, you will have less people working and more crime.
If you are so concerned with making the world a better place, figure out how to decrease the number of these events, not increase them.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But every time one of you self righteous justice crusaders ruins someones life over a petty act, you create yet another person who cant go to college, cant get a good job, and is much more likely to commit foolish acts in the future.
If you fill your world full of people who are cant get ahead of because of a bad police record, you ends up with much MORE activity like blown up mailboxes and other crimes. You are cutting off your own nose to spite your face.
Punishment can be handed out without getting the federal government involved.
If you intentionally cripple your own workforce, you will have less people working and more crime.
If you are so concerned with making the world a better place, figure out how to decrease the number of these events, not increase them.
"one of you self righteous justice crusaders ruins someones life".
Who ruins who's life? I suggest that you blame the person that broke the law, not people that want the law enforced. I know how to decrease the number of these events, punish them for it.
just curious

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 20, 2010
 
if it's so funny, why not stick into Mom and Dad's mailbox and sit back and watch the following hysterical results...sort of the green approach to things, save on gas, keep it a family activity, the children and parents can carefully clean up any debris left by the merriment...and none of the meanies who don't understand good clean fun will be out on their lawns shaking their fists. In fact, they could invite the paper to send along a photographer and Mr. EOD from CT to supervise the whole thing.:-]
How's that work for all you fun lovin' folks?
Bob

Hudson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 20, 2010
 
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"one of you self righteous justice crusaders ruins someones life".
Who ruins who's life? I suggest that you blame the person that broke the law, not people that want the law enforced. I know how to decrease the number of these events, punish them for it.
The person who owned the mailbox had his life ruined, really?
That guy is not gonna be able to get a job now, or go back to a good school because his mailbox was blown up, really?

I can tell you're a chick already.
Look honey, you DONT give someone a permanent record that will effect them for the rest of their lives for blowing up a mailbox. You make them pay for the mailbox and do some community service. Federal charges may keep these kids from getting any further in life than they are now. But you will be the first to bitch when we have to pay for their kids food stamps.
Punishment of kids that pull stupid pranks should be constructive, not destructive. If you destroy these kids ability to advance, you will be paying for it later.
Thats OK, it logic, and I know you dont use it.
Never mind.
Short Term Thinking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 20, 2010
 
She would rather screw someone over now, for her own sense of instant gratification than take measures to insure they don't become a burden to society later.
Its a typical chick move. Lol
The Dinkinator

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 20, 2010
 
It blow'd up real good...!!!
Phillip Crowne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 20, 2010
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who owned the mailbox had his life ruined, really?
That guy is not gonna be able to get a job now, or go back to a good school because his mailbox was blown up, really?
I can tell you're a chick already.
Look honey, you DONT give someone a permanent record that will effect them for the rest of their lives for blowing up a mailbox. You make them pay for the mailbox and do some community service. Federal charges may keep these kids from getting any further in life than they are now. But you will be the first to bitch when we have to pay for their kids food stamps.
Punishment of kids that pull stupid pranks should be constructive, not destructive. If you destroy these kids ability to advance, you will be paying for it later.
Thats OK, it logic, and I know you dont use it.
Never mind.
Your response was rude, abusive, sexist, and RIGHT ON THE MONEY.
I applaud your common sense.
Holden Caulfield

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 20, 2010
 
Media Guy wrote:
Cmon, leave the misguided students alone. There needs to be a bylaw that states that police officers should not be able to live in the communities that they work in.
Your idea would make things worse, not better. I grew up in a town where the younger cops could not afford to live. They were much less understanding of the local kids than the cops who lived in town.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Billerica Discussions

Search the Billerica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) 1 hr Getting really annoyed 42
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 2 hr pomkik 4,668
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Curley Queen 1,135
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 21 hr Highlands Guy 17,755
Mafia in Billerica? (Sep '09) Apr 18 Demster 30
Town demanding repair plan for Billerica Mall (Mar '10) Apr 16 Elise Gingrich 131
30-month term in Lowell stabbing (Mar '08) Apr 13 Duck 44
•••
•••

Billerica News Video

•••
•••

Billerica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Billerica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••