Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
140,201 - 140,220 of 200,361 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up with dumb black woman like Rose and once they get their tiny brains wrapped around a bad idea it's impossible to get it unwrapped it.
Not long ago my buddy's mother went down to the mall and was told by one of those scam talent agency outfits she has just the look Hollywood was waiting for. The woman is 60 years old and ugly as sin.
They told her she first needed to get a portfolio which for $500.
Did she get that $500 from you book sales?
LOL!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one can marry a feeble-minded person like you because that's the rule.
I pass gas that is smarter than you.
I'm not the one who posted their real name in the forum, talked about a horrible book they wrote, and then whined when people mentioned your real name and the horrible book you wrote.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Homosexuals are a sex cult not a suspect class and thus they should have no special dispensations -- they must follow the rules everyone else follows.
However, if you can show gays are a suspect class, we'll consider it.
Can you do that?
I've never made that claim, stupid.
I don't make my argument based on sexual orientation.
I make it based on gender.
A man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
A woman can marry a man, a man should have that same right.
Equal rights.
Why are you against equal rights?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Ooops, did she get that $500 from your books sales?
Fruit loops

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Always floats and doesn't sink.
Winston Smith

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Be specific.
Why did it take 15 years?
And if you pull an answer out of your ass again I'll ream it so far back your lover will be able to see San Francisco the next time he pounds you.
I was specific. Just because you're too ignorant to see it doesn't mean it isn't there, dumdum.

You'll ream nothing, internet tough guy. Not from mommy's basement you won't.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did she get that $500 from you book sales?
LOL!
Your ignorance knows no bounds, does it?

I sold 120 books last month and about 50 so far this month. If I stay on pace this month I'll top 150 books total sold for the month.

This book is selling for $9.99 and using a pen name I won't reveal here. Royalties is 70%

That's $1050 in royalties for the month of September--and that's just one of my books.

I bought a 2011 Scion two months ago and the note, insurance, gas usage for the month, cell phone and utility bill for my two bed apartment are all paid by my royalty check. When it's all send and done I have about $1000 left over.

Next month my latest book hits Kindle -- The Kosher Marine -- the story of a Hasidic Jew who joins the Marine Corps, gets shipped to Iraq and gets captured. In about six months that should be getting me $1000 --$2000 a month in royalties.

You're stupid. You'll find out about Kindle around 2020. Guys are getting rich while you're still cleaning toilets at Mickey-D's.

So do me a favor, STFU, OK?

Stop embarrassing our race.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I pass gas that is smarter than you.
I'm not the one who posted their real name in the forum, talked about a horrible book they wrote, and then whined when people mentioned your real name and the horrible book you wrote.
What's my "real name," bird brain?

See? You really don't know, do you?

You read what these homosexuals say and don't question it -- which is fine... just don't protest so much when I call you an idiot for doing it, OK?
<quoted text>
I've never made that claim, stupid.
I don't make my argument based on sexual orientation.
I make it based on gender.
A man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
A woman can marry a man, a man should have that same right.
Equal rights.
Why are you against equal rights?
That's not equal rights, you meathead. That's a pick-up line Larry Brinkin used on a towel boy at his local bathhouse.

And the reason why I know it's not equal rights is because I researched it all the way back to the Greeks and Romans and never has anyone -- gay, straight, or neuter!-- defined equal rights as the right for a man to marry a man.

Never.

But I could be wrong.

But I'm from Missouri -- show me I'm wrong.
Dude

Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I could teach you something Rose. You finally figured out that HIV is a virus.
You're a tw*t.
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
The dumb little pickaninny thinks she's the Rosa Parks of the Gay Liberation Movement.
Her's is a common affliction in the Negro Quarter.
And it really doesn't matter what the cause is. All you gotta do is stick "equality" somewhere in the agenda and she's all for it.
If the NAMBLA rights people start talking about freedom, equality and liberty, she'll be here self-flagellating her ignorant ass for them too.
Free at last! Free at last! Great God-Almighty free that ass!
You're a self-hating tw*t.
Winston Smith

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't believe anyone is using the name Dr. Evelyn Hooker without busting out laughing.
Her study was completed in 1958 and completely ignored by the APA for good reason: it was not only riddled with errors, it was also done at the behest of the Mattachine Society who in fact supplied your "Rosa Parks of Gay Liberation" with select gay men to use as subjects.
This fumbling, San Francisco fag hag got everything wrong which is why the APA ignored her work -- until gay activists forced it on the APA in 1973.
Meanwhile there were hundreds of studies spanning the APA's 70 year history leading up to '73 that were peer-reviewed and showed without question homosexuality was a mental disorder and belonged on the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders (DSM-II).
In other words, fella, you're slinging around LBGT rhetoric that's about 50 years out of date. Nobody uses Evelyn Hooker as a source anymore except boneheads who don't have a clue.
To sum up, there wasn't a single study that led to the APA dropping homosexuality from its DSM-II.
Not a single one.
Are we clear now?

You can't seem to get any facts right on anything, Gary. The APA had been around more than just 70 years when homosexuality was removed from the DSM. The name, APA, was adopted around 1890. Originally the organisation was formed around 1844 and assumed the name Association of Medical Superintendents of American Institutions for the Insane. Coincidently, this era was also the time when ludicrous notions about mental illness were prevalent. Patients were tortured in order to make them choose sanity over illness among other things. Priests did exorcisms to cast out demons too. The organisation was relatively young by the turn of the century. Need I remind you that this was also an era where blacks were thought by many to be intellectually inferior? This was a notion adopted by the vast majority of American citizens for quite a bit of our history. It wasn't until the middle of the last century that it became politically unacceptable to maintain that position. Not that racism is dead now.

In our relatively short time as a country we've given up a lot of our earlier opinions about things you think are facts.

Hundreds of studies proving homosexuality was a mental illness? You should have no problem bringing them to light. We'll need the actual articles in full, not mAssResistance's interpretations and summaries of them. C'mon now, shitferbrains, give us 100s of articles.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I was specific. Just because you're too ignorant to see it doesn't mean it isn't there, dumdum.
You'll ream nothing, internet tough guy. Not from mommy's basement you won't.
No, Winston, you weren't specific -- and the reason you weren't specific is because your understanding of these things goes no deeper than the LGBT rhetoric you pick up here.

And it's a pattern with you: You proclaim an LGBT slogan; I challenge you on it, you run from the discussion the way Dracula runs from the morning sun.

Dr. Hooker presented her study to the APA in Chicago in 1956.

Why did the APA continue to list homosexuality as a mental disorder until 1973?

You don't know the answer because your LGBT rhetoric doesn't cover detailed answers of this sort. But there's no rush, Winnie. I'll give you time to research a bullshit.

Why?

Because I like stupid bastards like you.

I'm you're friend.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance knows no bounds, does it?
I sold 120 books last month and about 50 so far this month. If I stay on pace this month I'll top 150 books total sold for the month.
This book is selling for $9.99 and using a pen name I won't reveal here. Royalties is 70%
Under a pen name you won't reveal? LOL. Yeah, right...

It's sad you couldn't even get a single friend to got to Amazon and "like" the book you *really* wrote. You know, the one that's got an Amazon Best Sellers Rank number around 720,000.
Prof Marvel wrote:
That's $1050 in royalties for the month of September--and that's just one of my books.
I bought a 2011 Scion two months ago and the note, insurance, gas usage for the month, cell phone and utility bill for my two bed apartment are all paid by my royalty check. When it's all send and done I have about $1000 left over.
Next month my latest book hits Kindle -- The Kosher Marine -- the story of a Hasidic Jew who joins the Marine Corps, gets shipped to Iraq and gets captured. In about six months that should be getting me $1000 --$2000 a month in royalties.
Yeah, and I should be getting $20K a month from my new CD I'll be releasing under a name I won't reveal here. LOL.
Prof Marvel wrote:
You're stupid. You'll find out about Kindle around 2020. Guys are getting rich while you're still cleaning toilets at Mickey-D's.
So do me a favor, STFU, OK?
Stop embarrassing our race.
Kindle? What's that?
LOL!
You are a self-hating black man, that's why you use racial slurs. You hate your mother, and other black women, including your mother.
Must suck to be you.
Winston Smith

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
the sky didnt part in 1973 because of Hooker and it has nothing to do with true science
post-APA 1973:
1980--William Friedkin's sequel to The Exorcist about gays was even more terrifying
1992 World Health Org did what APA did in 1973
it's political not scientific
Well jacquesass, tell us what a work of fiction like The Exorcist has to do with gays. I'm really going to enjoy hearing this load of crap. You may use either character to answer, jacquesass or Professor Marvel. I don't care which. Thanks in advance.
Winston Smith

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Winston, you weren't specific -- and the reason you weren't specific is because your understanding of these things goes no deeper than the LGBT rhetoric you pick up here.
And it's a pattern with you: You proclaim an LGBT slogan; I challenge you on it, you run from the discussion the way Dracula runs from the morning sun.
Dr. Hooker presented her study to the APA in Chicago in 1956.
Why did the APA continue to list homosexuality as a mental disorder until 1973?
You don't know the answer because your LGBT rhetoric doesn't cover detailed answers of this sort. But there's no rush, Winnie. I'll give you time to research a bullshit.
Why?
Because I like stupid bastards like you.
I'm you're friend.
Quite funny, Gary. Now, reveal to us hundreds of studies showing homosexuality is a mental disorder.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
What's my "real name," bird brain?
See? You really don't know, do you?
You read what these homosexuals say and don't question it -- which is fine... just don't protest so much when I call you an idiot for doing it, OK?
YOU complained about people posting your real name. Were you lying?
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not equal rights, you meathead. That's a pick-up line Larry Brinkin used on a towel boy at his local bathhouse.
Did you go for it?
Prof Marvel wrote:
<
And the reason why I know it's not equal rights is because I researched it all the way back to the Greeks and Romans and never has anyone -- gay, straight, or neuter!-- defined equal rights as the right for a man to marry a man.
I notice you didn't say anything about a woman getting married to a woman. Your fixation on gay men is interesting.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Never.
But I could be wrong.
But I'm from Missouri -- show me I'm wrong.
A non issue. You are appealing to tradition. A logical fallacy.
Now, deal with the issue.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should have that same right.
Can you come up with a logical reason she shouldn't?
LifeSavers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Never give a sucker an even break.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

==========

Regnerus Study Update University of Texas Rejects Allegations of Scientific Misconduct

Submitted by Admin on August 31, 2012 10:00 amNo Comment

The University of Texas at Austin has determined that no formal investigation is warranted into the allegations of scientific misconduct lodged against associate professor Mark Regnerus regarding his July article in the journal Social Science Research.

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2012/08/29/regneru...

==========

To sum up: no evidence Regnerus engage in ethical or academic violations or incompetence. Therefore, his study now becomes the gold standard.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU complained about people posting your real name. Were you lying?
<quoted text>
I could have been -- or I could have been using a pen name, talking about a different name, or never posted my name at all.

The point here, is you published a claim someone else made -- based on no more than the fact the person said it.

And we know this because I never published any name here at all --your homosexual pals claimed I did, but I never did.
I notice you didn't say anything about a woman getting married to a woman. Your fixation on gay men is interesting.
Of course it is when you see everything from the prism of homosexuality. But that's not normal ... or healthy --and underlines what's fundamentally wrong with you people -- you sexualize everything.
A non issue. You are appealing to tradition. A logical fallacy.
Now, deal with the issue.
And you're appealing to marital law which is based on the English common law tradition.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should have that same right.
Can you come up with a logical reason she shouldn't?
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman should marry a man?
LifeSavers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Just another typical dsy of watching the looney's post their filthy, nasty, racists and potty mouthed comments and trying to call them posts.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have been -- or I could have been using a pen name, talking about a different name, or never posted my name at all.
The point here, is you published a claim someone else made -- based on no more than the fact the person said it.
You said it was your real name...
Prof Marvel wrote:
And we know this because I never published any name here at all --your homosexual pals claimed I did, but I never did.
<quoted text>
Sure.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Of course it is when you see everything from the prism of homosexuality. But that's not normal ... or healthy --and underlines what's fundamentally wrong with you people -- you sexualize everything.
That's rich coming from you!

Prof Marvel wrote:
And you're appealing to marital law which is based on the English common law tradition.
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman should marry a man?
Dodge.
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman shouldn't be able to marry a woman?
Answer, or just admit you can't.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a tw*t.
<quoted text>
You're a self-hating tw*t.
Call me when you get out of grade school.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
Beverly Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••