First Prev
of 15
Next Last
sad

Langhorne, PA

#1 Aug 21, 2009
I have heard rumors that some of the football team has been smoking pot behind the bard.
Eleanor Rigigiby

Chanhassen, MN

#2 Aug 21, 2009
Who cares and whats that got to do with a medieval musician?
Waldo

Queens Village, NY

#3 Aug 22, 2009
Must be an awfully large bard.
I'm pretty sure Benton tests for THC. These players will be caught if it's true. Then, your little boy can finally play.......
Ashley

Southampton, PA

#4 Aug 22, 2009
Everyone smokes pot in Benton. Get over it.
Bob the tailor

Southampton, PA

#5 Aug 22, 2009
Ummm...and your surprised that jocks are smoking pot? LOL! Been going on for years and the coaches cover it up. Wow! What a news flash! LOL!
bigboy

Murphy, NC

#6 Aug 22, 2009
well, our local dentist needs to get a life and quit trying to stir up any more lies, at least he got fired from his coaching position, if we could just get him off the school board everybody would be alot better off. I just don't understand his motives for this none of his "children" play anymore or needs a job!
curious

Allentown, PA

#7 Aug 23, 2009
bigboy wrote:
well, our local dentist needs to get a life and quit trying to stir up any more lies, at least he got fired from his coaching position, if we could just get him off the school board everybody would be alot better off. I just don't understand his motives for this none of his "children" play anymore or needs a job!
our local dentist is the best asset our thefootball team has bailed Roper out all the time Roper coached here.check Ropers record with and without him you will see.Roper had toquit, couldn't handle it on his own. There was only one coach who ignored it, because he didn'tsee it himself. Wonder who that was,would not take word of his assistants?
curious

Allentown, PA

#8 Aug 23, 2009
ignored smoking pot. felt I needed to explain what "it" was
Coach

Queens Village, NY

#9 Aug 23, 2009
bigboy wrote:
Doc wasn't fired; he resigned and is coaching elsewhere now.
Coach

Queens Village, NY

#10 Aug 23, 2009
curious wrote:
<quoted text>our local dentist is the best asset our thefootball team has bailed Roper out all the time Roper coached here.check Ropers record with and without him you will see.
Roper never coached "without" Doc, so it would be hard to check that record.
curious

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2009
startecd season with out him begged him to come back, noticed you didnt contradict the main point i was making. believe doc is at Benton this year
Sold His Soul

Belle Rive, IL

#12 Aug 24, 2009
which "doc" there were a couple of them helping
maxxtabes

Palatine, IL

#13 Aug 24, 2009
Labuwi is the one spreading the drug rumours to the IHSA.
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

#14 Aug 24, 2009
curious wrote:
startecd season with out him begged him to come back, noticed you didnt contradict the main point i was making. believe doc is at Benton this year
This thread is obviously about Doc Labuwi, who is currently coaching elsewhere.
curious

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2009
My mistake though you were talking about simpson, he is the one who carried Roper,sorry part of it all Roper had such an ego he could not realize it was not him. Same in Baseball. The only player he developed was his son and alot of that was his sons personal drive.
curious

United States

#16 Aug 24, 2009
Therest of the players were developed by a number of little league coaches.Dont get me wrong, Roper was a good coach fundamentally,with persona of a fighting bull,not God
Sold His Soul

Belle Rive, IL

#17 Aug 24, 2009
shocked NOT
your answer

Champaign, IL

#18 Aug 24, 2009
I miss Roper. I think the kids were more disciplined and respectful. This coach lacks both with the kids and with alot of his co workers. I know it goes both ways, but thats just my own personal opinion.
gator

United States

#19 Aug 26, 2009
maxxtabes wrote:
Labuwi is the one spreading the drug rumours to the IHSA.
My opinion? the only name that hasn't been mentioned in this ridiculous pot smoking ordeal is coach clod himself. he's not even from this town, and this entire rumor situation is causing people who were once friends to turn on each other. ever think it just may be coach clod? he has no ties to this community. have you noticed, he's back with roper's regime? his own first year crew is gone.

so maxxtabes, where'd you get the IHSA info from? you sure seem to know the labuwis.
your answer

Champaign, IL

#20 Aug 26, 2009
Ok Ok! I said it was my own personal opinion!!! You dont have to judge me cluelees and nuts, LOL!

I've had 2 kids play under both of them, Roper & Clod, Roper was tough on them but, they respected him. That toughness didn't hurt them, afterall it is football. Coach Clod on the other hand, is too busy babysiting his kid during practice and too worried about getting to the bar after practice to have a meaningful practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
benton high school hotties 9 hr shannarenne 1
Caregiver to elderly has married him and now is... 9 hr Angie 8
meth heads (Mar '14) 23 hr a friend 31
Steve Irvin having a baby at 50 or what Sat HAPPY 3
wht can people tell me bout brandon snider? goo... Dec 19 frost 3
Autum Wilce straight jacket Dec 18 honestly 12
Arkansas mark Dec 18 LMAO 2
Benton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web