Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

I have heard rumors that some of the football team has been smoking pot behind the bard.
Eleanor Rigigiby

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

Who cares and whats that got to do with a medieval musician?
Waldo

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

Judged:

Must be an awfully large bard.
I'm pretty sure Benton tests for THC. These players will be caught if it's true. Then, your little boy can finally play.......
Ashley

Feasterville Trevose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

Judged:

Everyone smokes pot in Benton. Get over it.
Bob the tailor

Feasterville Trevose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

Judged:

Ummm...and your surprised that jocks are smoking pot? LOL! Been going on for years and the coaches cover it up. Wow! What a news flash! LOL!
bigboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

well, our local dentist needs to get a life and quit trying to stir up any more lies, at least he got fired from his coaching position, if we could just get him off the school board everybody would be alot better off. I just don't understand his motives for this none of his "children" play anymore or needs a job!
curious

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

Judged:

bigboy wrote:
well, our local dentist needs to get a life and quit trying to stir up any more lies, at least he got fired from his coaching position, if we could just get him off the school board everybody would be alot better off. I just don't understand his motives for this none of his "children" play anymore or needs a job!
our local dentist is the best asset our thefootball team has bailed Roper out all the time Roper coached here.check Ropers record with and without him you will see.Roper had toquit, couldn't handle it on his own. There was only one coach who ignored it, because he didn'tsee it himself. Wonder who that was,would not take word of his assistants?
curious

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

ignored smoking pot. felt I needed to explain what "it" was
Coach

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

bigboy wrote:
Doc wasn't fired; he resigned and is coaching elsewhere now.
Coach

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

curious wrote:
<quoted text>our local dentist is the best asset our thefootball team has bailed Roper out all the time Roper coached here.check Ropers record with and without him you will see.
Roper never coached "without" Doc, so it would be hard to check that record.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

startecd season with out him begged him to come back, noticed you didnt contradict the main point i was making. believe doc is at Benton this year
Sold His Soul

Mcleansboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

which "doc" there were a couple of them helping
maxxtabes

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

Labuwi is the one spreading the drug rumours to the IHSA.
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

curious wrote:
startecd season with out him begged him to come back, noticed you didnt contradict the main point i was making. believe doc is at Benton this year
This thread is obviously about Doc Labuwi, who is currently coaching elsewhere.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

My mistake though you were talking about simpson, he is the one who carried Roper,sorry part of it all Roper had such an ego he could not realize it was not him. Same in Baseball. The only player he developed was his son and alot of that was his sons personal drive.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

Therest of the players were developed by a number of little league coaches.Dont get me wrong, Roper was a good coach fundamentally,with persona of a fighting bull,not God
Sold His Soul

Mcleansboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

shocked NOT
your answer

Champaign, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

I miss Roper. I think the kids were more disciplined and respectful. This coach lacks both with the kids and with alot of his co workers. I know it goes both ways, but thats just my own personal opinion.
gator

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Judged:

maxxtabes wrote:
Labuwi is the one spreading the drug rumours to the IHSA.
My opinion? the only name that hasn't been mentioned in this ridiculous pot smoking ordeal is coach clod himself. he's not even from this town, and this entire rumor situation is causing people who were once friends to turn on each other. ever think it just may be coach clod? he has no ties to this community. have you noticed, he's back with roper's regime? his own first year crew is gone.

so maxxtabes, where'd you get the IHSA info from? you sure seem to know the labuwis.
your answer

Champaign, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Judged:

Ok Ok! I said it was my own personal opinion!!! You dont have to judge me cluelees and nuts, LOL!

I've had 2 kids play under both of them, Roper & Clod, Roper was tough on them but, they respected him. That toughness didn't hurt them, afterall it is football. Coach Clod on the other hand, is too busy babysiting his kid during practice and too worried about getting to the bar after practice to have a meaningful practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Benton Forum right now

Search the Benton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr skwirts 3,835
train wreck 5 hr dave 19
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
News Flash - Joe Rock 14 hr Joe Rocky 1
If Ian Perkins wins mayor in Benton.....I'm mov... (Mar '11) Sun Joe Rock 36
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun newpoly 1,864
Why do guys like ugly women (Mar '12) Sun Joe Rock 79
•••
•••
•••
•••

Benton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••