|
Feb 22, 2012

Compare:

"Marianne Mille - Oublie de pleurer (1965)"

video by MrNonosse1

with...

"60's - MICHELE TORR - S'il m'aime -"

video By DeeJay62 DeeJayM62

--Seems they were both around 1965 or so; expressive facial expressions; very enjoyable. So much better than today what with Lady Gaga, elementary school shooting (Bremerton; 2/22/2012), etc., etc.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

I don't mean to be hyprocritical. Just making the point the stuff nowadays influences us in detrimental ways; difficult to avoid it and its influence.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Interesting. The website 'Ready Steady Girls' explains Michele Torr's "S'il m'aime" was released in late 1964. The Marianne Mille performance of "Oublie de pleurer" is shown in the video title to be in 1965. No comparison is made on the 'Ready Steady Girls' site, however. But they're both very enjoyable in their use of facial expression and delivery.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Here's another:

Michèle Torr - Viens me le dire à l'oreille (1963)

video by MrNonosse1

--very charming video; sounds like they introduce Christophe at the end; 'Ready Steady Girls' referred to Michele Torr and Christoph as having had a child together.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

This didn't place very well at Eurovision in 1966, and there is specific criticism of it on the Michele Torr Wiki page, but it's still quite enjoyable:

ESC-Luxemburg Michèle Torr-Ce soir je t'attendais (1966)

video by EuroRainbow

This video version is best as it shows the intro. including Michele Torre walking down the stairs to the stage...Isabelle Aubret also has an excellent intro. in her Eurovision performance around that time.

Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Here's Isabelle Aubret 1962 Eurovision (this appears to be a newly posted video; oddly enough, the one with the most views--something like 72,000 views--doesn't include the introduction...this one does though; love it...very, very pleasant):

Isabelle Aubret - Un Premier Amour (with lyrics)- HD

video by MrBoekusa
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

That's cute--"Viens me le dire à l'oreille" translates as "Just tell me in the ear".

Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Mentioned on another thread how the ESC-Luxemburg Michèle Torr-Ce soir je t'attendais (1966) video brought to mind my holding a sign that read "LUXEMBOURG" when hitchhiking from Calais, France in 1994. My brother lived in Luxembourg at the time, that was the destination. Never made it out of Calais the storm was that bad.

Had hitchhiked out of Calais in 1984; stayed in Tourcoing, France (near Belgium border) with people that picked me up, then stayed with others in Lille, France before making it to Paris; took train from there to Madrid, Spain; two weeks later, train to Algecirus, Spain; ferry to Tangier, Morocco; bus to Fez, Rabat, Meknes, Casablanca, return to Tangier.

But that time in 1994 hitchhiking near the port of Calais was quite memorable since the entire port/ferry sytem was shut down due to torrential rain/wind; a terrible storm. When coming over on ferry from Dover, England at the start of the storm, recall seeing a man get off and exclaim he would "Never, ever, take a ferry again" in his lifetime. He was really shaken up (so to speak). Funny.

I returned to walk across the white cliffs of Dover (in order to receive a money transfer in Folkestone from my father; had forgotten to save enough for England's high exchange rate--at the time it was something like 1.64 to the dollar [like paying $1.64 instead of a dollar]).
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Hiked much in 1994 on very little money. About 400 miles of the SW Coastal Path of England (Newquay to Minehead); Pembrokeshire Coastal Path of Wales--186 miles; Hadrian's Wall (Solway-on-Firth to Newcastle-upon-Tyne--80 miles); Cleveland Way (Filey to Helmsley including Scarborough and the North York Moors National Park). Was eating beans and bread most of the way; occassional splurge on fish and chips. Much tea; cooked up hot water in a little Camping Gaz stove.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Unable to find the Dover/Calais November(?) storm of '94 online, but this comes up--a November 2009 Dover storm:

Dover closed as winds hit 100mph

Ferries cancelled, homes flooded, and trapped drivers rescued as South bears brunt of storms
By Charlotte Chambers Sunday 15 November 2009

Prolonged and, at times, torrential rainfall, as well as gales that reached a top speed of 100mph, gave southern England and Wales a tempestuous Saturday. A respite is promised today, before the storms return tomorrow. The Environment Agency has issued 110 flood warnings.

The south coast bore the brunt of the storms, which caused the cancellation of ferry services between England and France and at one point yesterday the port of Dover was closed.

Etc.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

In that 3-month hiking trip in '94, also recall spending the last night of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path hike caught on the cliffs during an incredible windstorm (also in November if remembering correctly). I think the trail ends in Cardigan, so I was caught on the cliffs at night in between Cardigan and a village I'd left without a headlight or flashlight. Pitched the tent right on the trail, completely exposed on the cliff face. It was a wonder the tent survived it. Didn't sleep all night--the wind was too strong; unrelenting. There are nice videos/photos of that trail on YouTube.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Closest I could find about 94 storm in English Channel:

"The winters of 93 and 94 also involved widespread flooding in Sussex".
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Hiked the majority of the SW Coastal Path of England over 3-month hiking trips in '84,'90, and '94. I think the only area that was left to hike is the Lizard Peninsula. Otherwise covered appx. 600 miles of the 686(?) mile path. Chose to hike the Cleveland Way, etc. instead of the Lizard--wanted to see the North coast as well; time would not allow anything more.

But was definitely low on money that entire trip in '94. Each day could only eat a can or two of beans for .37 pence; margarine .24 pence; bread....and about once every two weeks fish and chips at what would be around $2.50 (1.60 pound).

Looked forward to Scarborough on the Cleveland Way since I've always liked the song 'Scarborough Fair'. Was using that Camping gaz stove to cook up hot water for tea. Problem oftentimes was the wind--had no windscreen on the stove. So would use public bathrooms along the coast--they were perfect for shielding the wind and saving fuel. Would cook up a pot of hot water right in the corner of a bathroom. One young man with his girlfriend questioned me about it outside the bathroom; when I explained it was for making a cup(s) of tea, he responded "lovely". Very funny.

Came to ponder the thought I was in Scarborough as I sat under a bridge (out of the wind) cooking up tea. Not quite as romantic as I'd envisioned. The castle remnants were nice though.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Marianne Mille - Ne tremble pas mon pauvre coeur

video by gusyverdetv
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Actually,

Marianne Mille - Pourquoi m'a-t-il quittée?

video by gusyverdetv

resembles Michele Torr more so than that last post above (Marianne Mille - Ne tremble pas mon pauvre coeur).

Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

This is pretty funny/silly:

Michèle TORR 4 grandes chansons 1964/65/67

video by valetdecoeurs
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

I like that first song best.
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Wow. This is really awesome...it takes a bit before the song begins:

Michèle Torr

video by minouche145
Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Michele Torr sings L'Amour Est Blue (Love is Blue) on that video posted above. Really like her version. Here is info. about the song, including refernce to Michele Torr singing it, that was found under another video version:

"L'amour est bleu" (English title: "Love Is Blue") is a song whose music was composed by André Popp, and whose lyrics were written by Pierre Cour, in 1967. Brian Blackburn later wrote English-language lyrics for it. First performed in French by Greek singer Vicky Leandros (appearing as Vicky) as the Luxembourgian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1967, it has since been recorded by many other musicians, most notably French orchestra leader Paul Mauriat, whose familiar instrumental version became the only number-one hit by a French artist to top the Billboard Hot 100 in America.

"L'amour est bleu"/"Love Is Blue" is noted as one of the most-covered and biggest-selling Eurovision Songs ever, and remains a widely familiar melody due in part to its continued recurrence in pop-culture mediums. Orietta Berti, Jeff Beck, Claudine Longet, The Dells, Ed Ames, Johnny Mathis, Marty Robbins, Al Martino, Frank Sinatra, Lawrence Welk, Chara, Michele Torr, and Future Bible Heroes are among the artists who have covered it.

At the end of The Simpsons episode, "The Blue and The Gray" (aired 13 February 2011) the song appears while Marge and Homer share a kiss.
In 2006 an instrumental version of the song's chorus was used in a television advertisement for Lynx Dry anti-perspirant in the UK and Australia. The ad also aired in the United States under the brand name Axe. Lynx and Axe are the same product.
Leandros' version was played in Michael Moore's documentary Sicko, in the scene where a French doctor makes house calls at night, driving a SOS Medecins car.
Theatre Organist John Seng recorded a version in the style of a Baroque Fugue in 1969 on his self-titled album
Longet's version, the title song of one of her albums, is heard in the background of a scene in the 2008 film Pineapple Express.
Martino's English-language version also was the title song of one of his albums in 1968. It peaked at #57 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #3 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary charts.
101 Strings Orchestra's version was used in the film Born on the Fourth of July (1989).
Jeff Beck recorded a "rock" interpretation of Mauriat's version in 1968. It reached number 23 on the UK Singles Chart. He also recorded a unrelated but similarly titled song called "Love Is Green" in 1976 for the Wired album.
Mitzi Gaynor sang it on her television special in 1968.
This song was performed in Spanish by two great singers of the sixties- the well-known Spanish singer Raphael -- who performed it in one of his films in 1968 -- and the Spanish female singer Karina, who recorded her version in the 1970s. Also, the version by Paul Mauriat's orchestra stayed in the Mexican hit parade from 1968 to 1971.
In 1968, Gabor Szabo covered the song for his album Bacchanal
In 1969 The Dells had a top-thirty hit with their soul medley, "I Can Sing a Rainbow/Love Is Blue."
In 1970, composer Saluri Rajeshwara Rao used the music for the Telugu language song "Ee reyi teeyanidi" picturized on actors Haranadh and Vanisri in the Indian film Chitti Chellulu. This song was remade for the Indian Telugu Johnny by composer Ramana Gogula and picturized on actor Pawan Kalyan.
In 1990, composer Bappi Lahiri used the music for the Hindi language song "Hum Dono Akele Hon" in the Indian film Aaj Ke Shahenshah (1990). Lahiri sang the song himself as a duet with another playback singer Anuradha Paudwal and picturized on actors Chunkey Pandey and Kimi Katkar.
Jackie Mittoo, one of the most prolific keyboardist, also covered this song with Coxsone's Jamaican studio band The Soul Vendors on Evening Time album (1968). Jackie was recorded some of the most popular reggae riddims of all time like Rockfort Rock, Real Rock and so many.

Bruce Deile

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Yeah, that's really special. In order to pull up the video/song, you have to put in "Michèle Torr minouche145" on the Youtube search.

Well worth it. Song begins around 1:00.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Bellingham News Video

•••
•••

Bellingham Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bellingham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••