Is Bellevue Washington a bad commute to Ft. Lewis

Posted in the Bellevue Forum

newcomer29

Leesburg, VA

#1 Apr 18, 2012
I will be starting a new job at Ft. Lewis/ Madigan Army Medical Center this summer. I want to move in Metro 112 in Bellevue Washington. I didn't see anything near the Ft. Lewis that I liked. I was wondering if this will be a bad commute as far as traffic is concerned. I live in Loudoun County Virginia and drive to Arlington Virgina everyday, so the distance is not a problem. I am more concerned about the traffic. I was also wondering if the public school system is good. What are some good reasonable priced private schools. I have found some information through web search but just want to gather as much information as possible. Someone told me this site would be more informative.

Since: May 12

Gig Harbor, WA

#2 May 14, 2012
It's not a good commute. It's not awful, but it's not fun. Bellevue is a very cool area and has great schools. The Ft. Lewis area is also a nice area, not as many great schools (but still pretty good) but the main problem is rush hour traffic from Bellevue to the Fort.

If you can commute during off hours it's not a bad drive at all-- 20-30 minutes. If you do it everyday at 8 and 5, you'll drive yourself crazy and ruin your car in the stop and go traffic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellevue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 22 Go Blue Forever 719
Review: Children's Eye Doctors - Karen Sahota OD (May '09) Sep 18 Judy 3
looking for a friend. Aug '14 Elise Gingerich 2
Garage Door Repair Redmond Aug '14 Forrest P Corbo 1
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Tanya Rider's long, winding road to health and ... (Mar '11) Jul '14 annoyed 15
Summer not so fun for kids who are hungry; thin... Jul '14 james 1

Bellevue News Video

Bellevue Jobs

Bellevue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bellevue News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bellevue