animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

$8,517 raised by 307 people in 3 days......Baby!

hearse watt their sayin':

Myself I hove not much money, but you need it more than I

I'm glad she is getting help. Shame on the city government and the police.

Why they couldn't have just told her it was illegal instead of arresting her, I can't understand. It cost the city more than $2.97 just to file charges. Shame on Logan County authorities for lacking compassion and common sense.

The name of the cop who arrested her should go public too to get the shame on him

This woman is so sweet. I've had the pleasure of meeting her a couple times, I think its amazing that as a community we can reach out and help her in anyway that she needs. United we are strong.

You all are amazing individuals! I am very grateful for your support for Deidre.#gratitude

My faith in the compassion of people has been restored by what is being accomplished here. While the donations will be helpful, I feel that to prosecute Ms. Romine is an injustice. I have emailed the mayor of Bellefontaine and city safety director and if anyone is interested in doing the same the mayor's name is Adam Brannon and his email address is abrannon@ci.bellefontaine.oh.u s and the safety directors name is James Holycross and his email address is jholycross@ci.bellefontaine.oh .us. Wishing Deidre health, happiness, and security!!!

I find this article almost unbelieveable in the sense that in this day and age: an officer would arrest her or find her eligible to go to jail for trying to survive. Yet, now, thanks to this individual who is helping her by creating this venue to donat for her. God bless you.

I am so sick and tired of what is going in this country right now. It has become what's wrong is right and what right is wrong. I am glad to see many Americans sticking together and help this woman. Count me in too.

Does she need anything else that could be donated? I plan to go to belfontaine today and donate there. Does she have plenty of blankets and a good warm coat?

What a nice way to help someone, somewhere. Please give your cats lots of loving and yummy treats.

I pray that Ms. Romine and her cats fare well. The fact that she views her 'furmiliars' as being inseparable from herself speaks volumes of her character....!

Well done! I hope this gives Ms. Romine a new lease on life. I hope her case manager will get this money to her.

Every cloud has a silver lining. As ridiculous as the charge is/was, if it didn't happen she wouldn't be receiving the gifts and support she is. A blessing in disguise. Hopefully the donations will help get her back on her feet and in a warm apartment with plenty of food and cat food before it gets too cold. My heart goes out to her and I will be a cheerful giver. God bless, Diedre!

It's what we do for others that defines who we are. Will, God Bless you!

Please help this woman out, maybe we can get enough to pay her rent for a year!! I think that police dept should be out arresting REAL Criminals... Couldn't he have just given her a written warning? May God bless everyone who has made a donation or reached out to help this woman.

Sorry my donation is not much but I hope it helps you. Laws are meant to help people - they seem like a joke in this situation. The local county should be totally disgusted. What happened to being humane and helping your fellow human being?

Not everyone in the world has a kind heart and care for animals the same way that we do. I wish you well!

Roll tide from a jersey guy and a Alabama guy. God bless

I threw $20. in change into this fountain when I visited Ohio. I made a wish.......... that who ever was needy, hungry or cold could use my WISH Money to be fed and kept warm.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Eat and feed your cats. This is a rediculous situation they have put you in. I wish I could contribute more, but I'm running low.

God Bless you Deidre. Do not let anyone take your kitties away from you.

no charge
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

continued

Never visit Ohio,if this is the way they treat really poor people,I wouldn't go there,if they paid me .
I really hope the Judge in this case,if she is to pay a fine,gets so constipated he blows up like a ballon,then gets the RUNS for 6 months !!!!!!

I hope everyone notices how hateful the "city" i.e. government is behaving towards it's citizens. The city politicians so hate the people that they don't care if someone starves just as long as they get the money. The city counsel is to blame because they could step in to stop this. This is the same attitude the federal government has when they raise taxes of any kind.

Hey, prosecute her, she took $2.87 because she was hungry. Spend $10,000 of the tax payers money on court cost, paper work and what ever it cost them to house and feed her, and don't forget the fine, fine her $500 so she can go take some more money out of that dam fountain, to pay her court cost, makes sense, all for $2.87. Who are the genus's that run this town. Sounds to me like they were born with silver pitchforks stuck in their asses. Think twilight zone.

Shame on Logan County Courthouse for their lack of compassion and the court system for wasting taxpayers money so frivolously over $2.87....are you kidding me?

Animals have the natural capacity to bring out the best in most caring people. I have never met an animal that was "MEAN SPIRITED". Of course, frightened, territorial and defensive...yes...bu&#8203 ;t never mean spirited. That is reserved for us beings of higher intelligence. We get to choose to be ignorant, stupid, mean and uncaring!

give the poor lady a break.. how mean

I was a policeman for 7 years. I always made sure our community had things it needed, food, safety, caring. I find that the world has changed immensely since I was in law enforcement.
Seems to me that all the USA is worried about today is MONEY!

No love, compassion, caring, or even the slightest hint of manners exist today.

Kids cuss parents, parents deal dope, gangs go on shooting sprees, politicians get fatter.

Hell, if I had been there I would have stocked her kitchen so she would be able to at least feed herself and perhaps that would lend the situation to her being able to bounce back and get employment.

Kind of reminds me of a joke of a joke where surgeons were discussing the ease of performing surgical transplants, the winner was the surgeon who suggested that politicians were the easiest, they had no heart, not brain, and the head and the *** was interchangeable..

Does anyone else think of the plot from Le Miserable when reading this story??? You know, 5 years for stealing a loaf of bread...That city should be ashamed of itself!

Did the city prosecute all of the citizens that "littered" their money into the fountain? Turn about is fair play! This is pathetic!!

no charge

“I am what I am...”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

All they need to have done was log onto topix to see what truly despicable assvipes we have in our county.

It's all here in black and white for the world to see.
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

nag nag nag
deep penetration

Harrod, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

magictrix wrote:
All they need to have done was log onto topix to see what truly despicable assvipes we have in our county.
and you lead the way stevi
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

$100.00

1 hour ago

I'm a truck driver from Chicago and I deliver in Ohio.I was listening to the radio one morning and heard the story.You folks from Bellfontaine are awesome,way to stand behind this young lady.I wanted to make a donation and help support her even if I am a mile or two away.Way to go everybody.

This is another example of a municipality that has too much money.$2.78,think of what it will cost to prosecute this woman,it will surely exceed $2.78.Don't worry Deidre,we have you covered.I hope you and your kitties enjoy your"new life"you really deserve it.
ms understood

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Let's hope someone has the sense to find a loophole so Deidre doesn't have to report this money as income. If she does, there goes her Medicaid eligibility, and other benefits may be reduced. There are ways to get around it but only for those who know how to work the system.
Jokes

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Did they ever say who arrested her
A prev deputy

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Jokes wrote:
Did they ever say who arrested her
There's a previous post that says the cop that arrested her instead of giving her a warning was hired from the sheriffs department. I believe this is TRUE!
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

screw bogus propery tax......Baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

no charge
Jack Boot

Orrville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

What they need to do is lock her up for a while. She is clearly not a productive member of society.
Allicia

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

the gofundme website charges a 5% fee for all donations....and it's nearing 10,000...that's $500 for the website and who knows how many administrative fees are being deducted. I just hope Deidre gets the bulk of the money kindhearted people are giving her. Yes this story has reached the international news.
Nobel War Prize

Harrod, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

magictrix wrote:
Indeed. There are some real "winners" here.

Since this story has made international headlines it is interesting to read comments around the country. Frankly they mirror this thread--some sympathetic to Romine, some not so much.

Here are a few from New York Daily News:

* She is a thief...I have no sympathy for her..

* funny how the excuse pour in for a caucasion poor pserson. It's racism because she's poor and white but people still show her the compassion people of color have been needing all along.

* This lady doesn't have a job, but has four cats..pathetic.

* It's a public fountain and people through their money away in it. They are not giving money to specific cause. This lady stole nothing .The cop did not use descretion here . He is not a nice guy .He should be watched closely as he is apparently prone to abuse his power . I like most cops and most cops would not want work with this guy.
hotpoint

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

like to know what they do with money when they clean fountain who pocket does it go in
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

they should have razed dat eyesore courthouse years ago...god dam thang lookz like it'z outtaha' sum Stephen King horror novel, and dat goofy natzi concentration camp siren iz so anoyin'...

it lookz like a 24/7 yard sale err sumpthin'.......Baby!

no charge
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

$1,000.00

Anonymous

9 hours ago

Whatever her disability is pales in comparison to the sickness of the officer and council who would lay such charges against a hungry, unemployed widow trying to find a meal. Shameful, and our hearts go out to this beautiful person. We hope our small donation can help her through her difficulties and perhaps get a nice can of tuna for those kitties :)

Baby!

no charge
Cloud Strife

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

So glad I got out of bellecompton. People in my office are asking me all about it because I'm from bellefontaine... I live in a different state
animal control

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

2 retired cops in OH

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

animal control wrote:
continued
Never visit Ohio,if this is the way they treat really poor people,I wouldn't go there,if they paid me .
I really hope the Judge in this case,if she is to pay a fine,gets so constipated he blows up like a ballon,then gets the RUNS for 6 months !!!!!!
I hope everyone notices how hateful the "city" i.e. government is behaving towards it's citizens. The city politicians so hate the people that they don't care if someone starves just as long as they get the money. The city counsel is to blame because they could step in to stop this. This is the same attitude the federal government has when they raise taxes of any kind.
Hey, prosecute her, she took $2.87 because she was hungry. Spend $10,000 of the tax payers money on court cost, paper work and what ever it cost them to house and feed her, and don't forget the fine, fine her $500 so she can go take some more money out of that dam fountain, to pay her court cost, makes sense, all for $2.87. Who are the genus's that run this town. Sounds to me like they were born with silver pitchforks stuck in their asses. Think twilight zone.
Shame on Logan County Courthouse for their lack of compassion and the court system for wasting taxpayers money so frivolously over $2.87....are you kidding me?
Animals have the natural capacity to bring out the best in most caring people. I have never met an animal that was "MEAN SPIRITED". Of course, frightened, territorial and defensive...yes...bu&#8203 ;t never mean spirited. That is reserved for us beings of higher intelligence. We get to choose to be ignorant, stupid, mean and uncaring!
give the poor lady a break.. how mean
I was a policeman for 7 years. I always made sure our community had things it needed, food, safety, caring. I find that the world has changed immensely since I was in law enforcement.
Seems to me that all the USA is worried about today is MONEY!
No love, compassion, caring, or even the slightest hint of manners exist today.
Kids cuss parents, parents deal dope, gangs go on shooting sprees, politicians get fatter.
Hell, if I had been there I would have stocked her kitchen so she would be able to at least feed herself and perhaps that would lend the situation to her being able to bounce back and get employment.
Kind of reminds me of a joke of a joke where surgeons were discussing the ease of performing surgical transplants, the winner was the surgeon who suggested that politicians were the easiest, they had no heart, not brain, and the head and the *** was interchangeable..
Does anyone else think of the plot from Le Miserable when reading this story??? You know, 5 years for stealing a loaf of bread...That city should be ashamed of itself!
Did the city prosecute all of the citizens that "littered" their money into the fountain? Turn about is fair play! This is pathetic!!
no charge
Thank you for your post, contribution and the email information.

To the involved members of the Bellefontaine police department: Is there no crime in Bellefontaine, OH? What the hell is the matter with you? Do you not know what the word "discretion" means? The arresting officer, the Chief, the Prosecutor - you're all an embarrassment to law enforcement. Your type of antics is what gives police officers a bad reputation. You're not police officers in the real sense of the word. You are cowardly bullies.

We have worked with your kind and we don't like you. These types of offenses (taking pennies from a public place, jaywalking, loitering, etc) are to be used as a tool against REAL criminals, you morons, not the needy and the harmless.
What a cheap ass arrest. Hope it made your monthly.
papa shaun snizzle diddy

Belle Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Deming, N.M.—

Most drivers would likely expect to get a stern warning, or at worst a traffic ticket, from a police officer for failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign.

But for a New Mexico man, it instead turned into a 14-hour-long humiliating and invasive police goose chase for illegal drugs -- that is, according to a federal lawsuit filed against law-enforcement and other parties.

According to KOB-TV, David Eckert says he was leaving a shopping plaza parking lot when he was pulled over by Deming police.

Officers claim that after they asked Eckert to step out of the vehicle, "he appeared to be clenching his buttocks." Investigators also claim a police dog alerted them to the scent of drugs on Eckert's car seat.

According to the lawsuit, the officers then claimed they had enough probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding "narcotics in his anal cavity."

Eckert says he was then taken to a nearby emergency room to have the invasive search completed. When a doctor at that facility refused, police took Eckert to another medical center willing to conduct the procedure.

The lawsuit says Eckert was then forced to undergo a laundry list of medical procedures in the officers' effort to find drugs:
•His abdominal area was X-rayed.
•Two digital examinations were performed by doctors.
•Three separate enemas and being forced to "defecate in front of doctors and police" on numerous occasions.
•Another X-ray and finally a colonoscopy were performed

The lawsuit states that narcotics were never found despite the rigorous examinations. It also claims that at no time did Eckert give his permission for the medical procedures.

Additionally, Eckert's attorney says the search warrant used to justify the searches was not valid in the county her client was examined in.

Eckert is suing the city of Deming, three individual Deming police officers, several county sheriff's deputies, a district attorney and the medical facility that performed the procedures.

no charge

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of106
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Bellefontaine Forum right now

Search the Bellefontaine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kermy? Is that his name? He shuffles around tow... 6 min EasyZoombezi_HoldDuhChezy 8
will obama send troops to eastern europe? 12 min leave bellefontaine 24
Should Obama-Holder be given a pass because the... 30 min leave bellefontaine 15
U.S. right wing extremists more deadly than jih... 1 hr DON W SOUTH 17
Happy Easter 1 hr Lowdy 7
Kellogg-Martin running for Family Court Judge 2 hr Lowdy 59
is belief in god more rational than being an at... 2 hr trailoftears 88
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bellefontaine Jobs

•••
•••
•••